Scout Lists for Plus?

• Hello Travian Team,

I was wondering if scout lists have ever been a consideration?

Today, with the purchase of Plus, raiders are able to create extensive farm lists and send troops more easily via those.

It would be a major improvement, even if it required Plus, to have the ability to setup scouting lists as well, as many of the scouting efforts could easily be automated and would save countless key strokes every day for the cautious raider that prefers to scout active farms before sending troops.

I don't know the best way to implement or limit this if implemented, but I believe it should be worthy of some consideration.

Thanks for reading,

Mr. Tom Foolery

• When I first activated Plus, I was upset that I could not use scouts on the farm list. But as time went on, there was no need for scouts on the farm list. In fact, I adapted to the conditions of the game. I know it's useful to have them, but I feel it's better not to add them to the farm list. If we do everything with one click, everything becomes routine. Sorry if I disagreed with you.

• Hey friend,

It is okay to disagree, but I wanted to know - do you have active players on your farm lists?

Personally, I include many active players, but I scout them every day, which is very tedious because there is no way to send scouts to 100 villages with a few clicks - instead, I have to use several keystrokes to send scouts to each individual village - multiply by 100 and I've made it through a single active farm list.

I believe that you are referring to inactive farm lists, which don't require frequent scouting from the cautious raider. These are not the same.

Thanks,

Mr. Tom Foolery

• It is okay to disagree, but I wanted to know - do you have active players on your farm lists?

Yes but not 100 villages. The server I play on has only 400 active players. So it is unlikely that I will have 100 active villages to loot. Considering the amount of loot I have and the amount of looting of the top 10 people, I can say that almost less than 5 people need this feature on a server. Of course, on more crowded servers, this may be important to more people. The number of professional players like you who need this feature on a server is low. Of course, many may now support and say that it is a good idea, but this feature is either not useful for them or its use is very rare.

The reason for my opposition is that professional players gain a lot of resources in looting, and their hammer troop sometimes change the fate of the game in low-player servers. Given the problem of lack of players in the game, it is better to support weak players to be more willing to play.

However I am sure this idea can be useful for busy servers with more than 1000 active players in the middle of the game.

• Are you not worried that it may be a very OP tool?

How do you think it would affect players in general in game?

Great questions! I believe that the tool itself wouldn't be OP, as scouting is purely informational - from the perspective of the "scouted", no resources are robbed, no troops lost.

I believe that this also ties into your second question - if this were implemented, the importance of scouts would increase, both offensively and defensively.

With the increased importance of scouts, producing scouts to protect against scouting would reduce the effectiveness of a scout list - even if scoutings via a list were successful (at least one scout lives to provide the information), the loss of scouts would not be insignificant to the offensive party, and the risk of failing the scouting altogether would increase.

To further level the playing field, new starting quest(s) can be added (or changing existing quests) that reward both experienced players and beginners alike for producing and maintaining scouts.

What are your thoughts?

• How about add a button for plus players which sends raids, send scouts, upgrades fields, trains troops, settles new villages automatically. and the player can afk more than ever.

No, thank you.

Instead of offering any form of actual criticism for the idea, you chose to provide a "slippery slope" argument.

Please read: Slippery slope - Wikipedia

If you're going to provide fallacious arguments, at least have them make sense.

I would love it if people chose to afk more than ever, it would give me more farms 8o

• To further level the playing field, new starting quest(s) can be added (or changing existing quests) that reward both experienced players and beginners alike for producing and maintaining scouts.

What are your thoughts?

I just loved this idea, it actually makes a lot of sense!

I will makes sure it is talked about in the team, as besides the rest of the suggestions I actually feel that this quest would be very beneficial specially for new players.

• This is something that it's done already, it just takes time, but you can manually set up a lot of scout atacks manually, having a tool to do it it would be to OP indeed and very hard to balance, the idea is nice but i think it would break the game in different levels.