Feedback Android Beta Test Version 1.8-0 – New Menu Navigation

• Dear testers,

As announced here Android Beta Test Version 1.8-0 – New Menu Navigation, this is the dedicated thread for you to provide us with feedback as part of the Android beta test.

Once you've joined the beta test, you'll see the new game version on every Travian Kingdoms game round you are currently playing.

What to test:

We are interested in layout errors, confirmation that the bugs mentioned in the changelog are fixed, and your feedback on the new menu navigation.

Please share:

• Device name
    • OS version
    • Descriptions and screenshots

We are aware that you want even more app improvements, and we have already gathered a lot of player wishes about the map. You can share them in your own thread. This thread is solely for feedback relating to the beta test.

We are looking forward to your feedback,

Your Travian Kingdoms Team

• Dear Kingdoms, Application maker, and Kingdoms community,

First thing first, you have perfom a huge work and this show to us the interest you have into this really usefull application.

Also event if my phone is one year old and have really good performances now run smoothly than the previous version.

Thanks a lot and continue on this way.

Device information:

• One Plus 8
    • Android 11
    • Oxygen OS 11.0.5.5.IN21BA
    • Configuration: Full french

Change log:

• The "Finish research NOW" button text is now translated.
      • Not on my device, the "Finish research NOW" is still in english
      • I've blurred information but not the button
      • research now.jpg

Bug in the UI:

• Stats: Not functional at all!
      • Player part:
        • Cannot display any information except for the TOP10

• The Filter by Pseudo did not work -> No name is propose
      • Kingdoms part:
        • Display any information
        • Could not search by kingdoms and the search field display `Pseudo` and not `Kingdoms`
        • stats kingdoms.jpg
      • Both part:
        • The rank display a number
        • Please see the attached video
    • Button is clicked but not clicked...
      • If I open any tab at the bottom, then the top right button is set to clicked...
      • I've blured informations
    • Sometime the UI get to the top while I want to scroll down...
      • In the kingdoms view, on tribute part
      • In the Residence on Culture point part.
        • Also in this Culture point, the Party data is not present...
      • I can share to you different video, but it's difficult to me to hide my game data.. So if you want I can send it to you on a non public way
    • Receiver of personal message
      • Because we can not have a 'Notepad' in the app, I was using the private message to send informations to myself...
      • But when I want to open anew conversation with me as receiver, the app open to me another conversation...
      • I can also share video but cannot edit it to hide important information
    • By clicking in the 'Bell' icon to access to the notification and by clicking on a notification inside, the notification disappear but nothing else happend
      • In the previous version, by doing this on a report, the report tab opened and display the correspondig report
      • Not the notification disappear but the report did not opened...

I've not perform a complete and rigourus test accross the whole application but for a first feedbeck I think it's enought ;)

I've also plenty of suggestion to improve the UI and the informations that can be display by the app.

Should I open a thread or put it below?

Last but not least, thanks you to offer to us the way to help you in improving the application. If you need more informations or to test specific things do not hesitate!

I know the difficulty to create an application for a game, and you have performed a really great work. :thumbup:

Best regards,

Pharo!

• Pharo Thank you for your excellent feedback!

Some of the bugs you've mentioned are being worked on as I write this and will soon be fixed during this beta period.

The "Finish research NOW" button text is now translated.

This is expected, as we haven't included translations for this yet. They will be added, latest in the final production release.

I've also plenty of suggestion to improve the UI and the informations that can be display by the app.

Should I open a thread or put it below?

That sounds awesome. Feel free to open a new thread for this.

Again, thanks for the detailed feedback to our new beta!

• I've found some other error in the new UI:

• The Header is not set for a WW when it was not released.
    • In the Market building
      • Under `Commercial road`
        • Max quantity
          • The max quantity is based on the current resource in the village. So I can't create a road with 5k if I have not 5k in the warehouse
          • route commercial.jpg
        • Layout problem
          • On this screen, if I click at the bottom, I can select for example the `Dévelloper` panel the layout is buggy
          • route co 2.jpg
    • In the smithy, I've found a strange things
      • Info: I have plus account. I've not try without the Plus account
      • Scenario: Have a troops lv 18. Updagre it to lv 20.
        • The icon is moved to the end but the time is display at two place...
      • research_error.jpg
    • I've not mannage to display the reward given by a `Personal robber`
      • I can't scroll to the bottom. I've a small video for this but I can't put it here...

That sounds awesome. Feel free to open a new thread for this.

I'll do this, but I need to make some explanation... Maybe tomorrow in the morning ;)

Finally I've a security issue in the Lobby on desktop. Without your consent, I'll not explain it publicly. It's not a critical security issue but could be High priority I think.

Thanks agains for your work and good luck to fix the app :)

Again, If you need more informations or elements, please let me know.

Best regards

Pharo

• 4) Non si riesce a vedere i report condivisi.

5) La lista farm, quando ne hai tante le ultime non si riesce a vederle perchè coperte dalla finestra truppe. Bisogna cambiare pagina, ritornare e aprire la lista che ti interessa

6) mi sarebbe piaciuto vedere chi nel regno sta subendo un attacco

1) When there's a notification shown on the bell icon, if he opens the report from there, they dont's show and the notification icon disappears. He has to open them from the scroll icon at the bottom of the screen.

2)Stats: you can only see top 10. Overview, Attacking, Defender, Villages and Heroes won't show. Same as in the Kingdoms section, nothing shows as in the screenshot provided.

1618502533517.jpg

3)In the marketplace it's impossible to get an instant delivery

4) Player can't see shared reports

5) When you have too many entries in your farm list, you are unable to see them all cos they end up being covered by troops' window. So you need to go back, reload and then open up the list you were interested in.

6) It would have been a nice features to have, being able to see if someone in the kingdom is under attack

Device info:

Xiaomi Redmi note 9 pro

Android 10 Miui 12

• Thank you very much for your feedback so far.

We have already implemented some of your suggestions.

Please check the original announcement for full details:

Android Beta Test Version 1.8-0 – New Menu Navigation

Just to highlight the main changes:

NEW MENU NAVIGATION

• Tabs to switch between menu cards
    • The village name is now at the top of every menu card
    • Top10 statistics for kingdoms

It is important that you update your App again so you benefit from all the improvements and bug fixes.

Please keep your suggestions coming regarding the new updated App!

• Here is a Report from a German player:

- beim Verkaufen im Auktionshaus werde ich aus dem Spiel geworfen und komme zurück zum Startbildschirm wo ich mich erneut in mein Konto einloggen muss. Dies betraf bislang jedes Item welches ich verkaufen wollte.

Gerätename: Samsung Galaxy S20 5G

OS-Version: Android-Version 11

Translation:

- when selling in the auction house I get kicked out of the game and come back to the start screen where I have to log into my account again. This has affected every item I have tried to sell so far.

Device name: Samsung Galaxy S20 5G

OS- Version: Android version 11

Skadi

Teamlead und Community Manager Travian Kingdoms DE

• Dear Kingdoms admin and develloper,

I've perform the update and see many things was corrected and I was using 1.8.8865 version and see different other errors.

I see the Stats and Top 10 working. But I did not see my place if was not in the Top 10 :)

top10 not display own place.jpg

Also the search by Kingdoms name not work. The field says Pseudo and the auto-complete not work...

kingdoms seach not correct.jpg

I've found not a bug related to this version specificaly. This work in IOS but not in the android version.

In the auction panel, the item object not appear. to display the object, I've to click on an auction to know the item name.

It have to be before the quantity to simplify the UI.

Auctions no object name.jpg

On the action panel, I've encounter the same issue than Andy91_DE, some time the game close and get back to the lobby while selling an item. And the filter not work correctly. I've no screen and without item name, It's useless to have it... I think an investiguation in these panel is required...

In messages, when I reply on my computer and open the conversation in my phone, the message is not display as `Send by me`

erreur nom message pc et tel.jpg

I have said in my first post: `I've plenty of idea to improve the UI`. Thanks to my work, I've not manage to get time to do it properly. I'll try to post it this evening.

Thanks a lot to put these effort in the app and good luck to corrects these different bugs :)

Best regards,

Pharo

• Hi,

some reports from a German player :):

Huawei Mate 10 Pro

Android 10

Mahlzeit, bei den Räuberverstecken werden mir die Ressourcen nicht mehr angezeigt. Lgo

Translation: It's not possible to see the resources of a robber hideout, when you click on the map on village details.

When you want to start an attack or use trading routes, etc. the respective popup blocks the lower screen.

Attacks -> After select the troops you have to click on Continue. So this is not that big problem. But if you want to create a trade route, you select first the resources but there is no continue button. You have to click again on the last resource you have selected or the slider overlap the Button to create the trade route.

Best regards,

Skadi

Skadi

• Ciao Zaken anche con questo aggiornamento i report non si aprono.

Poi sarebbe davvero top vedere chi nel regno è sotto attacco.

Xiaomi redmi note 9pro

android 11

Shared reports are still not visible.

It would also be cool to be able to see who in your Kingdom is under attack.

Xiaomi redmi note 9pro

android 11

• Dear players,

thanks to your feedback we keep improving and updating the App.

There is a new App version 1.8.0 available to download.

Please update your App, test it and give us your thoughts in this thread.

Regards,

the Travian Kingdoms team.

• Afternoon TK Dev Team,

I am not sure if I am not looking at the right place. So I am wondering if there is a way to see either local time or server time for troops landing for both attack and/or reinforcement. I can see the duration but makes it bit tricky if I am on the go.

Regards,

Javan

• When you want to start an attack or use trading routes, etc. the respective popup blocks the lower screen.

Attacks -> After select the troops you have to click on Continue. So this is not that big problem. But if you want to create a trade route, you select first the resources but there is no continue button. You have to click again on the last resource you have selected or the slider overlap the Button to create the trade route.

Some additional information from @Animal1867#DE: The same behavior can be observed in the auction house. If you bid on an item, the popup does not disappear, you have first to click somewhere else to close the popup.

30857-screenshot-20210505-164430-com-traviangames-traviankingdoms-jpg

Skadi

• Dear Developer team and Kingdoms community,

As I said in my previous post, I've different idea to improve the UI of the 1.8.x version.

Please look at 28129-improvement-in-the-ui-of-the-kingdoms-application (Forum link). I just want to be sure you have not missed my post ;)

I've find 3 more Bugs:

In robber camp, the layout for sending troops goes on top of raided resources:

robberCamp.jpg

In one of my residence, I've found a very weird display. To explain I've no cheif and my residence is lvl 10.

I've other residence, but I've this display only in my City Capital.

I don't know if this his due to the Capital or the City...

ResidenceInCity.jpg

As you see, 3 slot is available for the Residence and 2 chief even if I've no chief and the research is not done...

Finnaly, A text is not correct: In the Main Building, if I read the text to found a City it says:

Wrong City Text.jpg

+ 500 Culture point per day. This text is true only for the first city and I already have one city. The correct sentence should be: +200 Culture point per day.

This is confusing for a new player...

I've see different thing that got fixed with update. You are doing a really good jobs to find and correct bugs and improvment the application quality! Please keep going, Kingdoms app his usefull for many of us!

Best regards,
    Pharo

• Please look at 28129-improvement-in-the-ui-of-the-kingdoms-application (Forum link). I just want to be sure you have not missed my post ;)

I've seen it and it's amazing. Thank you very much for your great work!

A new bug, reported from German Player Animal1867#DE:

The descriptions in the silver accounting is first not right. This is the first screenshot, every position is called "Leichter Brustpanzer" (Light Breastplate) :

30933-screenshot-20210510-233125-com-traviangames-traviankingdoms-jpg

After open the next booking line, the description changed to "Silber von Abenteuer" (Silver from Adventure):

30934-screenshot-20210510-233137-com-traviangames-traviankingdoms-jpg

Skadi

• Now that we have rolled out the new version to the live APP, we are closing the beta testing threads.

It has been very helpful to improve it.

This allowed us to create a much better App for all of us to enjoy. :)