Question: Quickest way to become king and open new treasury?

• Hi all,

I know you can start the server as king with open treasury and if you start as governor you must wait until 200 population to become king and open treasury.

I am wondering is there a way to quickly open a treasury somewhere else as king. For example when I start server I don't want to stay in the same spot as I spawn so I want to speed settle and open new treasury as king 6 hours later, is there a way to quickly if not instantly open new treasury using speed settling method as king or governor so I can recruit players to my area ASAP rather than waiting days.

I am ignorant to ways to go about this as I am new.

Quickest methods as response would be much appreciated!

• Speedserver: Keep your starting village and build cheap buildings in both your starter and cropper till you reach 200pop.
    Normal server: Become duke and start activation of your treasury right after you landed. Have king abdicate and then you are king.

• Buccaneer#EN as Pinkguy#NL mentioned, in order to be able to open a treasury quickly after speed settling you will have to reach 200 population and leave beginners protection. There is no other way to open a treasury faster. To clarify, this is 200 population total - not 200 population in that village.

Alexandruu I've actually tried this on a previous round. The original King had to reach 200 population in order to abdicate. Then the newly appointed King did not get the instant open. They had to wait 12 hours. This is still beneficial because it allows the Kingdom to merge sooner - which allows for an extra day of Victory Point accumulation.

I hope this helps answer your question. :)

• Alexandruu I've actually tried this on a previous round. The original King had to reach 200 population in order to abdicate. Then the newly appointed King did not get the instant open. They had to wait 12 hours. This is still beneficial because it allows the Kingdom to merge sooner - which allows for an extra day of Victory Point accumulation.

I hope this helps answer your question. :)

Yes but it is much easier to have a king (who didn't fast settle) reach 200pop than for someone who fast settled to reach 200.

Given, it depends on the tributes they are receiving but its not that difficult.

• Pinkguy#NL I think that it just depends on what you are going for. If you settle a 15c the resource quests (level 5 and level 7) really help get you the additional resources that can help you rush over 200 population fairly quick. If you've saved your settler and new village quest rewards that also helps. When I quick settle treasuries - I also try to save my bundles from my initial relocation if at all possible.

It also depends on the player. Experience speedsettling and opening up a treasury certainly help. I've only done it three times now, but I can say that each time has been much smoother and quicker than the previous times.

But yes, if you don't think you'll be able to do it quickly - it would make sense to join as a Duke and take on the 12 hour activation period and then once the King can abdicate - relocate them to the new position. It just takes a few extra steps, and in my opinion, a little better communication.

• Buccaneer#EN as Pinkguy#NL mentioned, in order to be able to open a treasury quickly after speed settling you will have to reach 200 population and leave beginners protection. There is no other way to open a treasury faster. To clarify, this is 200 population total - not 200 population in that village.

:)

Great to have a definite answer here.

Is the activation from governor to king instant for treasury? Also what is the quickest time you have gotten this done on a speed server?
    Thanks for your help it saves me struggling in future servers :)

• Great to have a definite answer here.

Is the activation from governor to king instant for treasury? Also what is the quickest time you have gotten this done on a speed server?
    Thanks for your help it saves me struggling in future servers :)

Yes, instant.
    Speed server I would have been able to activate around 12 hours into the server but that's midnight for me. Would have activated the next morning but my neighbor woke up an hour before me and activated.

Edit: This was before warehouses and silos had more capacity.

• Also what is the quickest time you have gotten this done on a speed server?

As I mentioned, only three times for me and it entirely depends on the server.

Two servers took about 12 hours, very similar to Pinkguy#NL. It just depends on how your order your quests and how many bundles you can save over from your relocation.

On x3 servers they increased warehouse and granary speeds. On my most recent server I noticed it going a little faster, but I haven’t gotten to try it out to know if it was anecdotally faster, or actually faster. I was actually able there to open in “day one” of the server, which I’ve never been able to do before. That would put it under 10 hours.

• You can insta activate a treasury if you start out as a gov and decide to go king later. Like many mentioned you will have to reach 200 population. But you can do that fairly quickly and if you have decent players you trust that are ready to join you it can be beneficial to get that population up quick. Those tributes you will get will pay off. I've even built a stonemason to get a few population out early on to help out.