Changelog v0.101 - Horn of the Natars and attack limits

• 52-travian-kingdoms-changelog-0101-forum-com-png

Dear players,

From Tuesday, 7th September onwards, all-new game rounds will start with the game version 0.101. The first live world will be com3x3 which will start at 2:00 pm CEST (UTC+2) that day.

HORN OF THE NATARS

All Horn of the Natars will be more valuable. Now, it will grant an attack bonus against Natars in Wonders of the Worlds, Natars in their villages, robber hideouts, and robber camps, as well as wild animals in oases. Domesticated animals in villages are excluded. The combat simulator has been adjusted accordingly.

ATTACK LIMITS

We have increased the limits, and excluded reinforcements and settling from the 50 outgoing attacks limit.

• Limit of 2,000 outgoing attacks per player (including reinforcements)
    • Limit of 50 outgoing attacks on the same target (excluding reinforcements)

Example: If you attack all your targets with a maximum of 50 outgoing attacks on the same target, you can attack up to 40 targets simultaneously, no matter which of your villages the attacks are sent from. 40 times 50 attacks equal 2,000 outgoing attacks per player at the same time. We hope this example makes it easier for you to understand and makes it less complicated. 8o

We say target because this includes other players' villages and NPC targets like Natarian villages and oases.

VACATION MODE

• Premium features: “Finish Now,” “NPC Trader,” and “Instant Delivery” will be disabled during vacation.
      • Greyed out buttons with tooltip texts.
      • Locks on hero items in inventory.
      • The free 5-minute “Finish Now” will stay enabled.
    • Oases: As soon as you initiate vacation mode:
      • All assigned oases will be given up.
      • Reinforcing troops in any oasis will automatically come home.
      • Oases cannot be assigned during the vacation phase of vacation mode.
      • Adjusted in-game help text

The vacation phase does not include the boost phase after coming back from vacation. As soon as the boost phase starts, oases can be annexed again.

OTHER IMPROVEMENTS

• Beginners' Protection: New warning when you reach a population of 200 so that you don't drop out of beginner's protection by accident.
    • End Game: New end screen during the final calculations and improved end game behavior in general.
    • Rally Point: Improved starvation for standing troops when crop delivery arrives at the last second.

BUG FIXES

• Sieges: Sieges sometimes arrived 1 second too late. This is fixed now.
    • Fixed an issue that caused wrongly displayed arrival times when defensive and offensive troops arrived at the exact second.
    • Sometimes, all hero items were disabled after a page refresh. This is fixed in this game version.
    • Conquering: Sometimes, when two chief attacks arrived simultaneously, the loyalty didn't get reduced as much as it should. This has now been fixed.
    • Tutorial: When entering an empty space in the troop selection field, you got stuck in the tutorial. Now, you won't get stuck, but you have to enter a valid number.
    • Sometimes, the order of some reports got jumbled after relocating. This has now been fixed.
    • When your hero was revived after the home village was conquered, they came to life in that conquered village. We've changed that so if this happens, the hero will be revived in their capital village.
    • Vacation mode: If troops of other players are stationed in your village when you enter vacation mode, these troops are sent back, but they still consumed your crops. This is fixed now and will eat the crops in their village.
    • Other more minor bug fixes and performance improvements have been made.

ADITIONAL BUG FIXES:

• We set a cap for duke start bonusses for each resource type
    • If a king abdicates and becomes duke while collecting tributes, no resource will be added to their tributes.

Will these attack limits change your play style? Or won't this affect you at all, and you're just looking forward to getting a Horn of the Natars? Leave a reply and let us know.

Your Travian Kingdoms Team

gaul-cheerfulbbash-handshakeilike

• Only thing I do not agree with is the 2000 outgoing limit if I understand it correctly it is only 2000 attacks per account no matter what city they are sent from. That limits active people. I understand what you are trying to do but this only affects active people.

• Dear players,

Thanks to the feedback around the current test round, we were able to include the bellow mentioned bug fixes in the new game version.

ADITIONAL BUG FIXES:

• We set a cap for duke start bonusses for each resource type
    • If a king abdicates and becomes duke while collecting tributes, no resource will be added to their tributes.

Your Tavian Kingdoms team

• it kills active play style not only change it, do you hate active people that much so you punish them.

I don't think it kills active players at all... it equalizes players with multiple armies with players with single bigger armies.

Before this change, com3 raiding was being dominated by one player raiding with EI from all his villages... now it is a more even spread of raiders.. I think the 20 players in top raiders from rank 2 to rank 21 would be counted as active.. but they just did not have a chance

On com3 it is easy to get above 999 raids... it is very hard to maintain above 1500

• I don't think it kills active players at all... it equalizes players with multiple armies with players with single bigger armies.

Before this change, com3 raiding was being dominated by one player raiding with EI from all his villages... now it is a more even spread of raiders.. I think the 20 players in top raiders from rank 2 to rank 21 would be counted as active.. but they just did not have a chance

On com3 it is easy to get above 999 raids... it is very hard to maintain above 1500

I understand that but what about teuton players they will never be able to farm as much as a gaul or a roman. At least without the limit a teuton could farm in multiple cities. Not saying that before was ideal but if another player wanted to farm form all his cities he could also and dominate also no matter what tribe he was. But now romans and gauls have an upper hand in farming that teutons cannot get past. And I think something needs to be done about that.

• I understand that but what about teuton players they will never be able to farm as much as a gaul or a roman. At least without the limit a teuton could farm in multiple cities. Not saying that before was ideal but if another player wanted to farm form all his cities he could also and dominate also no matter what tribe he was. But now romans and gauls have an upper hand in farming that teutons cannot get past. And I think something needs to be done about that.

I'm not sure that the purpose of game changes is necessarily to make the Teuton the best farming race. Each tribe has its advantages... Teuton is a trade off - cheap troops, poor cavalry.

Gauls have Thunders which are great for raiding, but poor for attack power.

Romans have good farming with the EI, but expensive and troops that are slow to train.

You need to decide which one suits your style.

The fact that a Teuton can't farm as much as the others surely balances the ability for a Teuton to lose their entire army and replace it in a short period of time. If thats not what you are after - then try Thunders or EI... they too have their limitations.

• Not saying changes need to make teutons the best farming but saying teutons were already slow. No need to further kick them down.

• In my opinion teutons were best at early farming in later stages romans and gauls are way better. The new limitations are most likely impacting teutons the most.

My interpretation of the teuton philosophy in kingdoms is that you need to use bash farming early on and turn the people around you into farms.
    Problem with that is that people will just delete (or menhir) and you'll just see your hard earned farms disappear.

• I think the other discussion should be about farming limitations in general, which is what I think the new limits does help with, but in my view don't go far enough.

Players using bots and scripts is a curse on the game. We had evidence of a player sending raids every 3 minutes for 10 hours straight on com3. We reported, they got banned.. but how much advantage had they already achieved.. how many attacks had they made and destroyed other players games using armies that were unfairly created.. you can't rewind that.

Limitations that directly impact the effectiveness of bots and scripts and bring the WHOLE game down to more average level will impact the top 20 players.. or less, but I truly believe that this will improve the game for hundreds of other players, and that will be good for Travian.

Imagine if you eliminated micro farming across the entire server.. You could reasonably expect to send 200 clubs to a local (15 squares) and get a fat bounty... imagine how much more engaged players would be if they could use the startup farm list and login and think.. let me collect grey taxes...

Everyone wonders why we have servers with so few players, and then we have cheats ruining the game and all people can complain about is how much farming has been nerfed..

• I understand what you are saying.

One thing I disagree with is when players say they need to bring down the level of a game for more players to play. This is a team game every kingdom will not have 100% experienced players. There will always be some average members. I do not agree with someone using a script to farm every 3 min but what if I am able to farm every 10 min for 14 hours should I be punished for my circumstances allowing that? No one player can win a server, it takes a team. So instead of looking for ways to bring down the playstyle lets implement ways to make new players better.

• In my opinion teutons were best at early farming in later stages romans and gauls are way better. The new limitations are most likely impacting teutons the most.

My interpretation of the teuton philosophy in kingdoms is that you need to use bash farming early on and turn the people around you into farms.
    Problem with that is that people will just delete (or menhir) and you'll just see your hard earned farms disappear.

Teutons are gr8 at early farming yes but by 2 -3 weeks that advantage is gone. Gauls and Romans take over for the rest of the server. Unless a teuton turn people into farms which as you said they would delete. Note what I am saying is just my opinion but the way farming was to me was already balanced enough. But with the new changes Teutons are the only tribe who will be affected.

• The problem is how you want to get WW Hammers or mutliple Offs?
    Without farming only the king can build one which shows so much skill pressing a button to collect tributes once a day and queue troups.

Exactly that is why i left the game 5 years ago and only play 1 round now because i was bored.

Back in the day i had 5k Out AND Incoming troups. Servers where bigger and so where the offs.

If i wanted to start a round now with a team i would let the 2 kings build a Cata WW Hammer, 4 Off player buid 10k rams and some troups and you just turtle the whole round and let everyone else just build as much deff as possible.
    its highly likely that noone can even hurt your own WW. Side note, what i see on Com4 there are !3! players who have the potential to actually make an impact in the WW race.
    What an interesting round...

You punish active players more and more, its already hard enough to build with greater buildings cause the servers are so small so you have to farm the whole server and then on top of having to run over the whole server you get the 2k limit

oh and not casuals spend money, its the active players