Spawn Robbers to Hero's Home Village

• Hello,

I believe that it would be beneficial to make it so Robber Hideouts spawn by your Hero's Home Village instead of your Capital Village. I see 2 good reasons to change it and I can't think of any reasons to not.

First, most people don't attack Robber Hideouts without their hero - it's just not a fiscally responsible - especially with the new Natar Horn changes, this also may help indicate to players who don't use their Heroes for Robbers to begin to, and possibly even convince them purchase a Natar Horn; there's your CBA. ^^

Second and most importantly in my opinion, it negatively affects some players currently! For example, take a defensive governor; the main reason you have any offensive troops at all is for Robber Hideouts and Robber Camps. Now let's say you are maybe a bit casual of a player, and maybe were not fortunate enough to have secured a nice cropper in your kingdom's borders, and now unfortunately your cropper is 10 squares away from your kingdom's borders and hopefully not further...

In my opinion, this scenario above leaves you with 3 options:

1. Train offensive troops in only 1 village inside borders -
      1. Pros: You can get some Robber Camps OR clear Robber Hideouts with ease. Only have one offensive army to feed.
      2. Cons: Your sieges to Robber Hideouts will be horrendously long and so you will never get Robber Camps unless you take larger losses (or need more offensive troops) on Robber Hideout attacks.
    2. Train offensive troops in a village inside borders AND your capital -
      1. Pros: You get to both siege Robber Hideouts AND get some Robber Camps
      2. Cons: Have to feed and train 2 armies, this interferes with your plans to be an defensive player and usually people with less time choose to be defensive players and unfortunately casual players are unlikely to get any Robber Camps to be honest.
    3. Train offensive troops in only your capital -
      1. Pros: Clear Robber Hideouts with ease. Only have one offensive army to feed.
      2. Cons: Very unlikely that you will be able to siege your Robber Hideouts AND get a single Robber Camp.

All 3 of these options have their sacrifices and are not ideal. But I believe that by changing the rule to spawn Robber Hideouts by the Hero's Home Village we can add a 4th and better option which allows the player to train small offense troops in 1 village in borders to both siege Robber Hideout's AND clear a Robber Camp or 2.

• Train offensive troops in only 1 village inside borders -
      • Pros: You get the ability to siege Robber Hideouts and keep a minimal offensive army size. You also get an increased chance at getting some Robber Camps since your hero will be home in reasonable times. Most players will not notice a difference that this change even took affect.
      • Cons: I can't think of any...

What do you think? Can you think of any cons to this change above?

Thanks,

Paul

• If you move your hero to defend another village or provide another village a temp boost in resources, does it change where robbers spawn? That could get wonky.

I had this exact same problem last round. Wound up using option 2. One missing pro is the defense of the kingdom being able to see attacks on your hammer village. Later on in the game I shifted to option 1 when wheat became an issue.

I will think on this and maybe come back with any additional comments.

• If you move your hero to defend another village or provide another village a temp boost in resources, does it change where robbers spawn? That could get wonky.

I had this exact same problem last round. Wound up using option 2. Later on in the game I shifted to option 1 when wheat became an issue.

I will think on this and maybe come back with any additional comments.

I have had a few people mention this concern to me.

But my understanding was that a Robber Hideouts details are determined once you clear the robber. So you should not have to worry Robber Hideout spawning in the wrong village if you are just moving hero around.

Is this incorrect?

One missing pro is the defense of the kingdom being able to see attacks on your hammer village.

Ah good point! This is definitely a pro to option 1,2 and 4

Edit: I reached out to Support and received confirmation on the Robber Hideouts, and so this swapping Hero should not be a problem.

Quote from Black Swan

Yes, this is correct. The robbers spawn time, and coordinates get set up at the moment when the previous ones disappear from the map.

• Thank you very much for the explanation! Interesting notion.

To make sure I got it right, you request that the Robber Hideouts spawn in the hero's home village instead of the capital because that way the hero will be available quicker than how it is now (in case the hero has a different home village than the capital).

Right?

• I think robbers following hero gives some good QOL points since having robbers appear 5h away from your army is just a hassle and theres no reason for it to be like that... just another rudimentary feature thats never been changed.

I mean, maybe it is incentive to build villages more closely together. Not every "problem" has to be solved.

• I agree with PinkGuy

the fix for this is in the hands of the player ....

The solution to Hideouts would be to build your army near your Capital (or in your Cap is often the most preffered option)

The solution to Camps would be not to settle cap too far outside borders (This helps strengthen the team too)