I believe that it would be beneficial to make it so Robber Hideouts spawn by your Hero's Home Village instead of your Capital Village. I see 2 good reasons to change it and I can't think of any reasons to not.
First, most people don't attack Robber Hideouts without their hero - it's just not a fiscally responsible - especially with the new Natar Horn changes, this also may help indicate to players who don't use their Heroes for Robbers to begin to, and possibly even convince them purchase a Natar Horn; there's your CBA.
Second and most importantly in my opinion, it negatively affects some players currently! For example, take a defensive governor; the main reason you have any offensive troops at all is for Robber Hideouts and Robber Camps. Now let's say you are maybe a bit casual of a player, and maybe were not fortunate enough to have secured a nice cropper in your kingdom's borders, and now unfortunately your cropper is 10 squares away from your kingdom's borders and hopefully not further...
In my opinion, this scenario above leaves you with 3 options:
Train offensive troops in only 1 village inside borders -
- Pros: You can get some Robber Camps OR clear Robber Hideouts with ease. Only have one offensive army to feed.
- Cons: Your sieges to Robber Hideouts will be horrendously long and so you will never get Robber Camps unless you take larger losses (or need more offensive troops) on Robber Hideout attacks.
Train offensive troops in a village inside borders AND your capital -
- Pros: You get to both siege Robber Hideouts AND get some Robber Camps
- Cons: Have to feed and train 2 armies, this interferes with your plans to be an defensive player and usually people with less time choose to be defensive players and unfortunately casual players are unlikely to get any Robber Camps to be honest.
Train offensive troops in only your capital -
- Pros: Clear Robber Hideouts with ease. Only have one offensive army to feed.
- Cons: Very unlikely that you will be able to siege your Robber Hideouts AND get a single Robber Camp.
All 3 of these options have their sacrifices and are not ideal. But I believe that by changing the rule to spawn Robber Hideouts by the Hero's Home Village we can add a 4th and better option which allows the player to train small offense troops in 1 village in borders to both siege Robber Hideout's AND clear a Robber Camp or 2.
- Train offensive troops in only 1 village inside borders -
- Pros: You get the ability to siege Robber Hideouts and keep a minimal offensive army size. You also get an increased chance at getting some Robber Camps since your hero will be home in reasonable times. Most players will not notice a difference that this change even took affect.
- Cons: I can't think of any...
What do you think? Can you think of any cons to this change above?