I've got a quick question/observation. From what I can tell - when a treasury holder (King/Duke) receives a ban - their treasures stay in production. This is something that was just recently brought up here. I will preface this with "I don't know how prevalent this problem is" so please fill in with personal experience with anything that I will list below (or add things that I have missed).
This is an issue. A Kingdom could create a treasury with upwards of 60,000 treasures and then have that player do something purposefully to receive a ban. This would let those treasures stay in production while at the same time protecting them from being attacked. Having treasuries not capable of being attacked while still providing production is something that has precedence for being fixed (see v0.97 update.).
Another issue that should be mentioned here is when Kings/Dukes create multiaccounts for the purpose of abusing the Tribute system. In my experience the multis are deleted and the main account is allowed to stay. This can create an imbalance because that main account, if holding a treasury, is not emptied - so those treasures can be given to another Kingdom. This can give an early advantage to those Kingdoms because that trickles down. More resources for stolen goods, more VPs, etc.
Now here is where I'm curious on other people's ideas. What is the solution? Here are a few potential solutions that I've thought of:
- Those treasures are frozen in the account and taken out of production.
- The downsides of this is that it allows the actions of a single player to hurt every single person in the Kingdom.
- The treasures are removed from the treasury/treasuries and moved to a King/Vice-King treasury. Maybe it could be a 50/50 split. If the King or Vice-King are banned they will transfer entirely to the King or Vice-King. In the situation that they are both banned - I would say they transfer to the Duke with the most population (?).
- The downsides is that this could move a significant amount of treasures to an undefended treasury.
- The treasures are distributed first to treasuries that have capacity in a particular order. Maybe King, Vice-King, Dukes (by population first). This remaining treasures are given to the King/Vice King (or Duke depending on who has violated rules).
Something that I think should be allowed to stay is the influence coming from those treasuries of banned players. Banned players have the right to appeal. My main concern is treasures being protected by a game mechanic. This is something that needs to be addressed, but still with the thought and care of not punishing Governors.
I look forward to thoughts of others.