New game worlds ahead! [December]

• NGW_Forum_COM.png

Dear players,

find gameworlds starting in December below.

Tuesday, December 7th at 2:00 pm UTC +1

• DE2x3 - Speed
    • FR2x3 - Speed
    • Arabia2x3 - Speed
    • ES1

Tuesday, December, 14th at 2:00 pm UTC +1

• CZ2x3 - Speed
    • RU2
    • IT1N
    • TR2x3 - Speed

Tuesday, December 21st at 2:00 pm UTC +1

Tuesday, December 28th at 2:00 pm UTC+1

They will all start at 14:00 UTC+1. Remember that you can also check the upcoming game worlds and their starting dates directly in the lobby calendar.

All local rounds include the English game version.

We wish you a lot of fun and are looking forward to see you in-game!

Your Travian Kingdoms Team

• A server start on 28 December can be challenging for some players, are you sure this is a good date to start com2?

Second this. Also, has Travian considered not having all games start on Tuesday? Players may have recurring meetings every Tuesday. Occasionally changing the day up for another day of the week might help things like this. But also a weekend start sounds amazing for me personally and having all day to focus on it instead of splitting attention with work.

• A server start on 28 December can be challenging for some players, are you sure this is a good date to start com2?

Indeed, it is not a good date?

Is there a possibility to postpone it with a week? After the holidays?

Imo more people will/can play

• Exactly! Many players will skip this server due to holidays.

In addition, a start on 28 Dec would mean day 111 would be on 18 April, while Easter is on 17 April; how many will want to spend Easter sending or defending an op?

It would be best to delay the start of com2 by one week and start it on 4 Jan 2022.

• Thank you very much for your input.

Talking about this with some players, we had a difference of opinion, I was saying exactly the same as you are thinking, may be bad timing... while the players were telling me the contrary, that some players prefer to play those dates since they are free to do so.

So right now I have divided personal views on initiating game worlds on those dates.

What is your opinion everyone? It would be good to know what you all think. :)

• (I remember being bored once & starting a server around this date)
    so No, I wouldn't say the 28th December is a bad day to start a server, it's kinda when everyone is just stuck home waiting for New Year to start, as for Easter it is what it is, we've had similar happening in the past & managed to deal with it

(Not everyone would celebrate Easter religiously, so isn't really much of an issue)

it could actually work in a positive way if there was a ceasefire in place when WW's were captured.

• (I remember being bored once & starting a server around this date)
    so No, I wouldn't say the 28th December is a bad day to start a server, it's kinda when everyone is just stuck home waiting for New Year to start, as for Easter it is what it is, we've had similar happening in the past & managed to deal with it

(Not everyone would celebrate Easter religiously, so isn't really much of an issue)

it could actually work in a positive way if there was a ceasefire in place when WW's were captured.

On a personal level, I agree with this. But I worry about joining this server because I figure there are enough people who will be busy or not want to spend third day of the server partying it up and the fourth day super hungover. First few days of a server usually require hyper activity

• What is your opinion everyone? It would be good to know what you all think.

Personally it's a really inconvenient start date for me. And if there's a ceasefire during new year's when the first greys become available that could delay certain playstyles (natar chiefings :P) a lot more than others.

I mean depending on how the server played out it can be benefitial for some kingdoms sure. But in a war game most changes that make you unable to attack others in general feel more restricting than benefitial (but the 2k outgoing limit was the newest addition to the game so who knows if this is even considered nowadays)

• Just a another question regarding start time of a server. Does it ALWAYS have to be at 14:00 European time? This means that a US based player that get up a bit early, can easily play for 18 hours which is sufficient for sending settlers on a speed server.

Anyone in Europe have 8-9 hours until midnight which is not enough for settlers (might be that some players manage this, but I am not).

I am because of work, not able to skip the night to get a perfect start.

It looks to me that this is a compromise between Asia, Europe and US which is very much in favour of US.

I would wish for a server that starts in my morning from time to time. That would easily be a preferred server to me.

I know that having dual or sitters around the world is a mitigation, but not always possible and not an answer to my question.

Opinions?

• I also think servers should start on different days or the first day should be made less significant.

• Thank you Yangus, a very good question.

We have to think that the International domain has to try at least, be as accommodating as possible for everyone.

If we ever adjust it, it would have to be to something that is much better for everyone, not only for 1 group of players.

If you have a very good case for a change to it, I would advice you to open a suggestion thread but making a very good case why the change is needed and how it would benefit everyone, all the community.

• Chiefs Kingdom will join FR2x3 on December 7th. We are bringing an experienced team of players who have played together for several years now. We have had success playing on international servers in the past and will bring that level of success, organization and leadership with us.

This is a team game and we are passionate about teaching and helping players achieve the things that they are setting out to accomplish. In the Chiefs Kingdom, all actions and decisions are not made for the needs of the Kings and Dukes, but rather, the Governors.
    The group that we have currently all speak English. However, we recognize that we will be joining on a French server and will have dedicated channels when necessary to communicate with those who may not share a common language with us.
    We organize through Discord and in-game chat, when necessary. Whether you are reading this message as a prospective Governor - or as a future adversary - we look forward to seeing you in the game.

For an invite you can message @infinity#NL or Wheat Dragon.

• If you have a very good case for a change to it, I would advice you to open a suggestion thread but making a very good case why the change is needed and how it would benefit everyone, all the community.

This assumes it is the same time each new opening. It would make sense to rotate to ACTUALLY not provide an advantage. Right now, as an American, I can see the complaint from non-Americans. I love being able to do things all day.

What is your opinion everyone? It would be good to know what you all think. :)

Did you make any decisions based on the com2 start? Were the comments here enough to re-open the discussion of moving it back a week? Or is it still going to start on Dec 28th?

• No, right now there is not enough reason to change it, while there are players that are happy about that start since it gives them opportunity to start full on during the days they are off, there is not enough concern regarding dates to change it.