50 Words of Winter

• It was ingenious plan. They snuck in at night, built a snowman and hid :imperian: inside it. First there was one. Then second, third... They even got one inside the village. Soon they had village surrounded and waited for spring. What they didn’t know was that here winters last forever.

• A chill wind rose around the alabaster spire of the ruins in the misty mountain, long forgotten by the inhabitants below. The wind rolled down to the foot of the mountain and into nearby village which was in full preparations for Christmas and peace. Unaware of the coming of Natar.

• The hero stumbled up the snow-capped mountains, on their newest adventure. Unbeknownst to him, a blizzard was coming. Without dread, they continued with but their wits, will and strength. The :settler-gauls: of Aberron hoped for his safe return. If he died, they'd hold a joyful wake in their honor.

• The frozen :settler-teutons: 's waited patiently for the battle of their old 15C. The :chief-teuton: brought in :ram-teutons: 's demolishing the walls while the :catapult: ended the Palace's control of those fools staying behind. They cheered "Victory" for their gallant efforts as the population bowed to their new owners.

• The Roman baggage train is mired in deep snow when the Gauls strike. The bloody corpses having been stripped are ravaged by starving wolves drawn by the scent of fresh blood. They feast on the flesh the dead Romans and their horses as the winter has been long and harsh.

• One day, on a cold winter's day

I came out of the woods; it was bitterly cold.

I saw a horse slowly going up the hill.

A horse, carrying a load of brushwood.

And marching with great importance, and in a tranquil and dignified manner,

The horse is led under the bridle by a little man

Wearing big boots and a sheepskin coat,

With big mittens... and he's as tall as a fingernail!

"How nice, lad!" - "Go on, go on!"

- "You're a fearsome one, I see!

Where did you get the wood?" - "From the woods, of course;

My father's chopping, and I'm taking it away."

• Winter. Winter is coming.

The start of the winter occurred pretty much as we had predicted. Too many :clubswinger::phalanx::legionnaire: , not enough 15 croppers or resources to go around. The details are trivial and pointless, the reasons, as always, purely human ones.

Now war is coming.

• And WHY in comments options all the buttons in Turkish?! :/

Are you playing on a Turkish game round? Then, maybe your forum settings are in Turkish. You can switch your language in the Control Panel > Settings > General (third line, 1st option in any language)

If you want your text to be part of the contest, remember Criteria 2. Your story must have a beginning, a middle, and an end.

FrostLight#EN  esperator_RU please use the wordcounter again, yours stories have more than 50 words

WordCounter - Count Words & Correct Writing

SMOKEYFURBALL  Qvintus please remember Criteria 3. Use at least one of the troop smilies (which counts as a word).

Hispan#EN(1) please only publish an English story. Maybe Google translate will help. As you can see in other stories, the grammar is not important to tell a great story.

Community Communications Manager

bbash-handshake

• “Chieftain, shouldn’t you clear the driveway?”

“Not today, settler boy. Doctor recommended no more shovelling the white stuff for a while.”

“He was referring to spoons and forks and your carbohydrate intake, chief! Potatoes, pasta, sugar…”

“Maybe, but I’m taking no chances this winter… There’s a shovel just your size in the attic.”

• Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

Had a very shiny nose

And if you ever saw it

You would even say it glows

All of the other reindeer

Used to laugh and call him names

They never let poor Rudolph

Join in any reindeer games

Then one foggy Christmas Eve

Santa came to say

"Rudolph with your nose so bright,

Won't you guide my sleigh tonight"

Then how the Reindeer loved hiim

As they shouted out with glee,

"Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer,

You'll go down in history!"

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer,

You'll go down in

History.

• The frigid winter is taking its toll on our already decimated morale. I walk silently among the troop to make them feel safe, but as I make them believe something that even I don't believe, we don't have enough :phalanx: to defend ourselves, even the :wolf: can be a problem. Tomorrow will be another cold day...

• Damn, it is snowing? All warriors said and look at their Commander :senator: .
    Commander smiled and replied.
    Snow is our secret ally.
    He helps us to see movement of enemy, or to hide our troops in the snow mist.
    He help us to be strong, because we need to clean it.
    He give us fun, because we can play with it.