New game worlds ahead! [January]

• Agreed 100%, if you intend for all servers to be played by all countries, then just scrap region servers and have nothing but COM servers. What is the intention of making region specific servers if it isn't for the sake of giving certain communities their own domain to interact with each other, without language barrier issues?

Not only do I not speak any language but English, but the non COM servers are far less populated, making them boring and less competitive experiences. Not to mention the language barriers for anyone not speaking that region's language will undoubtedly be a struggle.

• Unknown, if you're speaking on behalf of Travian staff then this is extremely concerning. I've only been playing Kingdoms for a year and the thing that puts me off wanting to continue playing this game more than anything is the lack of care from the Travian team to work with the players, and make decisions that will help the game, both for community and financial growth.

You have a great product that many people enjoy, but whoever's calling the shots in fields such as community feedback, bug fixing, and the game's overall longevity, needs to have a word had with them. Because if all these highly understandable and explained complaints to poor server scheduling are being met with nothing more than "lol just play a German server or speed server, we hope you play for a long time, Merry Christmas," to say it bluntly, you're a disappointment for all players. Either your management is unbelievably poor, you don't care, or you disregard the community's opinions and feedback so much because your heads are so far up your own asses that you think your thoughts and ideas are so much better than everyone else's. Either way, this is disappointing.

These server decisions are bad for your community, and bad for your marketing. So many of the same type of server coming out so close to each other will spread the community so much that it'll create less competitive servers, which will cause an decrease in player count, due to mediocre or poor experiences. A lack of a specific type of server over a period of time can also cause a decrease in player count, as if you don't keep your demographics engaged with content, it'll cause a decrease in player count, due to people finding something else to do, and increasing chances of them just moving on from the game.

• Unknown, if you're speaking on behalf of Travian staff then this is extremely concerning. I've only been playing Kingdoms for a year and the thing that puts me off wanting to continue playing this game more than anything is the lack of care from the Travian team to work with the players, and make decisions that will help the game, both for community and financial growth.

You have a great product that many people enjoy, but whoever's calling the shots in fields such as community feedback, bug fixing, and the game's overall longevity, needs to have a word had with them. Because if all these highly understandable and explained complaints to poor server scheduling are being met with nothing more than "lol just play a German server or speed server, we hope you play for a long time, Merry Christmas," to say it bluntly, you're a disappointment for all players. Either your management is unbelievably poor, you don't care, or you disregard the community's opinions and feedback so much because your heads are so far up your own asses that you think your thoughts and ideas are so much better than everyone else's. Either way, this is disappointing.

These server decisions are bad for your community, and bad for your marketing. So many of the same type of server coming out so close to each other will spread the community so much that it'll create less competitive servers, which will cause an decrease in player count, due to mediocre or poor experiences. A lack of a specific type of server over a period of time can also cause a decrease in player count, as if you don't keep your demographics engaged with content, it'll cause a decrease in player count, due to people finding something else to do, and increasing chances of them just moving on from the game.

+1

wow well said. I've been playing this game for too long and I feel the same way.

• Sorry don't see an edit button.

Tuesday, January 25th at 2:00 pm UTC+1

• COM1nx3 - Speed Night Truce - Join the Embassy here:

Which will be the truce hours and time zone of this server? Maybe I am missing it, or maybe it is just expected to be known but I am not seeing it on the post and there is no link to the Embassy thread above.

• Sorry don't see an edit button.

Which will be the truce hours and time zone of this server? Maybe I am missing it, or maybe it is just expected to be known but I am not seeing it on the post and there is no link to the Embassy thread above.

A poll regarding this has been set up:

forum.kingdoms.com/index.php?thread/29534/

Please participate!

Respect about the rest of comments, I wanted to tell you that we do care at Travian Games, the team is very keep to give the best possible experience.

There are many things I will not be on top of totally this week since I am travelling and visiting the family, spending Christmas with them.

But believe me, the team is aware of your comments and concerns and we will take them into account when taking decisions.

Happy holidays everyone!

• If that's true then we'll hear back from you in this post in a week. I look forward to it.

Careful, you're within Crusading distance~

• Not sure what you expect, but the team is aware of your concerns.

Something I wanted to ask, now that I am starting to catch up, yes, I have a lot to catch up to.

Why is it that you don't like playing on game-worlds where you actually have English available even if the denomination is FR, DE, or any other?

You could theoretically play same as you can in the COM game worlds.

• Firstly - Low server population.
    Secondly - FR servers are for French players to compete between themselves. That's why language based servers are here.
    Thirdly - some things are still not translated into English and are in the language, that server is based upon.

One of the best things I've read on a forum for a very long time bbash-handshake

• These national servers are displaying every single problem the game has to maximum magnitude. Namely, there is barely any server population there, so little that it just gets infested with multis. You are already doing a bad job on bigger servers in terms of multihunting, but on the national servers it gets completely unbearable. If you want people to play a wider variety of servers, multihunting (in a serious manner, not 10% building reduction after 80 days playing 10 accounts.....) is key. I highly suspect the TK team turns a blind eye on purpose bc most people using multis heavily invest in gold. But you asked, and I believe in giving even the densest, incompetent people a chance. Prove me wrong i dare you. :)

• Maybe my gramar is not so good as lot of people have here, but I think the point is and was that many players reacted that if they would go on FR or DE server they should have troubles while there could be another community of players who dont even can communicate in english, it is not about that you can change your ingame language it is just only about the community that is playing on that type of server. After Halloween server ended many of players and dont wanted to join on others while they wanted to spend a little break out from travian while Christmass and New Year came thats normal. Started COM servers bettween hollidays was not a good idea I think, but when I see how support not reacting when they are needed without any helpfull ideas as feedback from players then thats how looks the whole game.

I wish everyone happy new year without any covid health issues and I wish that TK support managers finnaly made somethink with so many multi accs on any servers. Dual Verification is needed and if you are not bot or any travian script or autoclicker would be the best that should finnaly stop lot of issues in this pay to win game , or finnaly change your market strategy like add any normal server without pay-to-win system with some VIP system like that you would pay every month some amount of real money to use just travian plus and +25% resources and croop bonuses, there are planty of ways what to do and how to bring back players or get new ones. Like it was on that not-pay-to-win test servers with full of people. But when I see that TK support managment changes menhir after 4-5 years and how they even react on feedback of players than I dont think they even would do something, maybe when it will be too late like the last menhir update.

Sudden/ aka Coura.

• Not sure what you expect, but the team is aware of your concerns.

You are a community manager, yet you come across very tone deaf in understanding and communicating with the community.

"Not sure what you expect?"

This forum is basically complaints. It's people who are desperately trying to give you a clue about how you can save the game. In my hall of fame, a world from 2019 shows 8.7k players at end. Com3 from a few months ago shows 2k. So yes, players are leaving the game at an alarming rate. That doesn't even show what the numbers are for legends now (seem much higher) and what they were in T3/T4 days. Com2 (Which we tried to tell you was not started at a good time) has 1400 active and will only decrease as all servers do. So what do we expect?

How about a plan.

- Tell us why we should bother dealing with a game that appears to be dying, with frustrating and community managers who don't care or don't see the issues? When things are going to actually improve? How players are going to be roped in? How server size can be increased? Plans to make new players stay? And bots be blocked?

- Tell us why the local regional servers exist with there are <1k players on them when we want more on com, not less? ESPECIALLY if you are just telling us they are all the same and we should play on them even if we aren't from that region. Will they be merged and consolidated to improve gameplay, simply having 15 com servers instead of random FR, DE, etc. servers?

- Tell us what is being added to the game. I don't mean pointing to the changelog like you do. We see these tiny bug fixes that are long overdue. Hey the card game is in the app now, there is one less reason I have to switch from the app to the desktop to play (still plenty). Hey the menhir has been changed 2+ years after it was introduced to fix issues that were always there. Legends is having a NYE special that adds twists. It has added 2 additional tribes. It has 2x, 5x, 10x. It has special servers. Introduces new buildings. THAT is a changelog that TG should be proud of. You are just embarrassing yourself and showing you don't understand when you point to kingdom's. It looks very much like 1 developer is assigned to keep this in maintenance mode and milk it while T4 will continue flourish.

- Have a steady and predictable schedule when the major servers will exist. My kingdom assumed there would be January server. we could do December because people have lives. You yourself were too busy to check the forums. Yet you don't want to accommodate people by delaying the server or having a server in January? "Every 4 weeks a com1x and com3x server will be released". Boom. Now people can plan.

I can keep going on. I have hundreds of ideas and I'm sure plenty of others do too. Your job is to understand the community so I hope this helps you too. Because asking what we expect shows to me that you don't understand what we are asking for. And if we are unhappy, do you think we are telling friends to join this? Or try to convince people we play with they should stick around? No. Why would we let a new person even waste time getting invested?

I do not plan on playing another server. I even tinkered with the idea of starting to code a similar game up with a group (there are others interested and discussions have happened so be careful). I've been addicted to this game on and off since like 2008. It is the only game I play, literally. Not a gamer. But I enjoy the strategy as do others. That is why we put up with the nonsense. Our complaints are because we actually want the game to improve so we can enjoy it. If I ever come back, it will be to legends. I hope this clears up what you can do. I did try to make it constructive but it is too frustrating at this point.

• Every 4 weeks a com1x and com3x server will be released". Boom. Now people can plan.

All of your post is +1 and quality feedback, but this comment sums it up. Why do we need to check forum to see when server are starting? Travian Kingdoms is big enough to have a scheduled plan for server to start so you can plan 6 months in advance or even longer in combination with other (speed) servers for when will be the best time for your team to start.

Sure the 'com 7' kingdoms or teams wont go on the next com 7 because it will be called differently, but that's a minor inconvenience.

Leo that was your best post of the year (so far). Keep it up!