Kings should always spawn near the edge of spawn circle

• When a king deletes their place opens up and a new king can spawn there. This needs to stop cause it is putting kings in terrible positions.

Existing kings don't want new kings spawning around them. New kings don't want to spawn in the middle of massive kingdoms.

This also applies to gov spawns, albeit to a lesser extent cause they can just menhir away. Gov spawns should lock with time. Lets say 1 tile radius per day should be locked if a player has spawned there before.

Tktest is always at or around -7|-1 so I assume that is the minimum spawning radius. This means 30 days into the server new govs should spawn around 37 tiles. COM2 is at day 7 and new govs are spawning at a radius of 31 if they are lucky enough not to spawn somewhere in no mans land. This would allow a bit more center space and a bit more competition at the edge of the map.

• We can always consider it, for sure, but first I have to understand exactly what the issue is and what do you feel we need to do.

So, what you want is that once a player has spawn in a tile, for a while no one can spawn there again, and that they need to go further and further away for spawning and the days tick over... so what you want is for players to be further away from each other instead of closer?

Is that right Pinkguy#NL?

• So, what you want is that once a player has spawn in a tile, for a while no one can spawn there again, and that they need to go further and further away for spawning and the days tick over... so what you want is for players to be further away from each other instead of closer?

Let me show you what I mean.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

The day 1 allies wouldn't want those kings and I highly doubt those kings want to spawn right next to the big kingdom.

The 4 days old king spawned there cause there used to be another king there who deleted (or abdicated and menhirred away).

If the spawn would only be valid once, then the 4 days old king wouldn't have spawned there between the established kingdoms but instead would have spawned much further out.

Now for the gov part I luckily can't find very bad situations on the servers I am playing, but maybe that will change.

A few years ago I was in a situation where I was king in a non-premade team. I started early and was close to the center. I invited a lot of players but also had a lot of players already spawn in my area. Almost all of the spawned players went inactive, menhirred away to their premade teams, or deleted. This was around a week into the server, new players were spawning at least 20 tiles further out from where I spawned. I couldn't fill the empty spots quick enough with new people and had new govs spawn in my area. I think all except for maybe 1 of the newly spawned govs went inactive within the week leaving me with half of my tiles occupied by grey players that I couldn't get rid of.

It would have been just so much nicer if they had spawned at the edge of the spawn circle and I could have had the choice of inviting over who I wanted instead of having randos who would go inactive right away.

• also for govs it doesnt really makes sense, when starting in the beginning , to give a direction to spawn
    they always spawn close to 0/0
    would be a lot better to spawn more fields away from center to the choosen direction

• as mentioned in another thread I would like to see Kings spawn random all around the map, so that 0/0 could also be a more viable option,
    make spawn happen all across the map, to make the directional feature more usable,

maybe split the map into more areas

so have 7 areas (one around each WW)

or

have it split into 8 areas, (North, North East, East, South East , South, South West, West, North West) in it's current state you can choose to start East and end up almost South or North

or

just do away with directional options all together, since we have the menhir function now.

There could still be a sequence when spawning Kings, but only for Kings & not in an area where they are fighting for the same start territory.

Another thing I thought is it worth making the start border bigger initially & again having them more spread out around the map. The game is 5 months & a lot of New Kings fail in week one because they don't have room to establish their borders & team before the bigger teams start attacking them.

• maybe split the map into more areas

so have 7 areas (one around each WW)

Would it also be better to reduce the number of wonders to 4 (or 5)?
    With the smaller servers we don't need 7. If we reduce it we create more conflict over who gets what wonder.

Then we can split the map in 4 quadrants (+ middle wonder).

I understand that 7 makes sense cause then you have 6 equilateral triangles. So 4 would make it a square.

• I think 4 WWs is too few. I'm forever an optimist & hold out hope that numbers could rise again to a stage where we have 7 different kingdoms holding 7 WWs,

atm on com5 there are 6 kingdoms in contention for holding a WW

I like your description of the 6 quadrants, maybe rather than N/S/E/W we should view the world map more like the board of trivial pursuit & have start direction based around those instead?

• I like your description of the 6 quadrants, maybe rather than N/S/E/W we should view the world map more like the board of trivial pursuit & have start direction based around those instead?

Maybe 6 would be better then. No center wonder, pull all wonders a bit to the middle. People can choose what wonder they spawn near (or between which wonders)
    Maybe the middle can have guaranteed good croppers? Gives the game a nice early-mid game objective. A real tension front.

• having a bigger map and maybe having WW on -100/0 would help this and specially new players who are joining! now everything is too inside each other that new people dont have anywhere to go (when they register) and they get farm by super fast as they are near them too

• why not having a bigger map?

why not a distance WW??

Because the current setup was made with a few thousand people in mind. Spreading it out would turn the game into one big simfest where everyone has tons of time to respond to attacks and everything becomes a boring waiting game.

If you want big maps, go play travian Legends.

• How about just changing the ability to spawn as king after a while? Perhaps once tier 2 of items is released it should not be possible to spawn as king anymore. I mean, what serious player / team would want this and have an actual chance.

• dont think it would help in any case
    the late started kings never had a chance and mostly dont got member
    the biggest problem is, that people without any clue of the game can start as king
    this is bad for new player who join them and brings them often to leave the game
    also to use MA for building MA kingdoms for farming wouldnt be posible anymore
    if a min of experience is needed to become king

• thats a good idea but i think having a bigger map will help too, and then reducing the servers so each server has more player (REAL players) and then they will compete in bigger map, ( more Real players is one of the things that can help with multie and bot abusers too)