this is your call to influence new leadership rules. Please read this post first and share your feedback with us.
uniting kingdoms has huge drawbacks if you want to split again. If the Kingdom Union (KU) doesn’t work out and the vice-king might have deleted their avatar, all governors and dukes can leave the KU and join another kingdom. But the king stays behind. This happens too often and it's not a fun experience.That's why we want to introduce a better way to disband a Kingdom Union including changes to the leadership rules.
- The king cannot delete their avatar
- The vice-king can delete their avatar
- If a king or the vice-king goes inactive, the KU still remains
- If a vice-king deletes their avatar, it’s not possible to fill their position
If a king stays behind, even inactivity doesn't disband the Kingdom Union.
POTENTIAL NEW WAY OF DISBANDING A KU
When a king is the only leadership left in a KU, without a vice-king, they can dissolve the KU by abdicating. No kingdom member is left behind. BUT: We want the members of a Kingdom Union to think really hard if they really want to disband the kingdom or if it might be more beneficial to stay together. Hence, the Fealty System was born.
In the rare case that the king and vice-king became inactive at the same time, the kingdom union will disband automatically.
Consequences of disbanding a Kingdom Union:
- Any victory points are lost
- Treasures remain
- For abdicated kings and vice-kings, the new fealty system will become unavailable for the remainder of the game round
New leadership rules:
Kings and Vice-Kings
- Neither kings nor vice-kings can delete their avatar (new rule for vice-king)
- Both kings can abdicate (new rule for king)
- If a king abdicates, they either swap places with the vice-king, or, if there is no vice-king, dissolve the kingdom union.
- If a vice-king abdicates, they become a duke if there is a free duke slot or they become a governor, if all duke slots are full.
- Inactivity triggers abdication for kings and vice-kings
- If the vice-king slot is empty, the king can promote a duke within the kingdom become vice-king.
- Only governors within a kingdom can be promoted to become dukes
This means that players cannot be invited via empty duke slot to a kingdom. Only via menhir or if there is a village of this player within the kingdom borders.
|Overview of Leadership rules||King||Vice-King||Changes to status quo|
|Promote/Dismiss Dukes||Only Governors within the kingdom border can become Dukes|
|Promote Duke to Vice-King||X||New rule|
|Abdicate||New: Abdication of Lone Kings will lead to Disbanding a KU
New for Vice-Kings to be able to abdicate
||New for Vice-Kings that they cannot delete their avatar anymore|
= Can Do
X = Cannot Do
Before you head over to the next thread about the Fealty System, let us know what you think about the new leadership rules and share your thoughts as a reply to this thread. NOW is your opportunity to still influence this future feature. Do you have any open questions about these changes? What's your favorite change?
We are looking forward reading your input,
Your Travian Kingdoms Team
please read the following thread first to understand the reason why we want to introduce this new feature:
The Fealty System is for all members of kingdoms, not just for members of KUs. This is your call to have an impact on this feature. Share your opinion with us.
THE FEALTY SYSTEM
In a nutshell:
- Rewards players with bonuses for staying in the same kingdom
- Fealty points:
- The more days spent in the same