Improved rally point

• Hello everyone,

At the moment, the rally point is not worth building to high levels in villages besides the capital, treasuries, and hammer villages.

When I'm playing defensively, I rarely build my rally point higher than level 10 as there are no benefits besides CP generation.

What if at level 20, you could send defense to a central village, and from there send it out to a deff call, bundling all your defensive troops all in one?

Certain limits to this would need to be set:

• Troops can only be sent in reinforcement.

• This only applies to villages with rally point level 20, otherwise, you can't add these troops to the bulk army.

• The size of the army is too large to move efficiently, therefore they are XX% slower than regular.

• When being recalled, they automatically return to their villages of creation, not the central sending point.

For example, you have 5 villages:

Village name Rally point level Troops
    A 20 7 000
    B 20 6 000
    C 20 5 000
    D 15 4 000
    E 10 3 000

Let's say that we would like to bundle the troops in village A before sending them off as reinforcements:
    With the new Rally point, it is possible to combine the troops of villages A, B, and C.

A+B+C = 18 000 troops move in unison but at a slower speed.

D and E cannot be added to this, and need to be sent separately.

What do you guys think?

• I would like if offense could be used from other villages too, but not as bundled. You might think its OP, but then again this offense can be targeted by chiefing the original village or killing it in the village it has been relocated to. Come to think of it.. What would happen if the some army has been relocated and that village gets destroyed without army being harmed. Do they just return to original village or suffer casualties?

• Interesting concept Tobionic#EN , so it is a forwarding of troops, but only when Rally point is at level 20, right?

What about what Camelot mentions?

Do you see it working only between own villages, or do you feel it should be implemented so that you can forward any troops in your village, regarding where they come from?

Would that affect hugely game play?

How wold you divide troops, because you are talking about defending, but could you defend with any troops you like? Or would you be able to send just what could be considered "defensive troops"?

• I meant to send own deff to a villa, which is not yours, from where you can send them all in once to a target
    but not like in some legends servers, that others can send your troops where ever they want
    cause this goes out of control of the owner, absolutly didnt liked it

• how to feed this troops?
    posibility of trade routes, with a max of their crop consumption?
    in case you meant, that villa A is not yours

I would think that crop consumption is as normal, you still have to feed the troops if they are in your village, same as it works right now.

You would need to work out trade routes, and see what is beneficial for you.

I would like if offense could be used from other villages too, but not as bundled. You might think its OP, but then again this offense can be targeted by chiefing the original village or killing it in the village it has been relocated to. Come to think of it.. What would happen if the some army has been relocated and that village gets destroyed without army being harmed. Do they just return to original village or suffer casualties?

I'll answer this in two stages.
    • I think it is too OP for attacking and raiding. Being able to produce in late-game from 5 or more villages at the same time would make for massive hammers that would plow through the defense. It would also cancel the benefit of having great barracks and great stables since it would be more cost-efficient of making the troops in more villages.
    • If a village is taken over, troops would just vanish. Same as with the current rules for having a village that is being taken over.

I would not divide the troops in offense or defense, only allow this 'forwarding' to be possible when you are reinforcing another player and only your own troops of course. This would limit the impact in the game, but it allows for plays where people set up massive anvils close to a treasury and are able to respond quicker to treasury deff calls that have a more forward positioning. This imposes a risk, as sending all your defensive troops into a forward base, leaves the other villages and treasuries more vulnerable, so one would need to think strategically about this.

• • I think it is too OP for attacking and raiding. Being able to produce in late-game from 5 or more villages at the same time would make for massive hammers that would plow through the defense. It would also cancel the benefit of having great barracks and great stables since it would be more cost-efficient of making the troops in more villages.

I said in my comment that bundling offensive troops would have to be disabled.

• The developers have the ability to disable the "attack" option for various troops.

This idea should also have the attack option disabled while any troops are engaged in what is described.

Only option should be for reinforcement only

Reason behind this is because.....

At times I have used phalanx as cannon fodder(to fill traps) when attacking another Gaul.

Many others do this as well and consider the troops to be lost the moment they are sent.

This however helps the real army get through without being caught in traps.

A defender with 10 villages could easily create a 200K+ cannon fodder army just to throw at enemy strongholds before real armies arrive.

With healing tents a player could have fun like this all server. Before anyone posts that no body in their right mind would do or try this.......

I would and can think of many others who would too and if the game allows it, it will be used that way.

Is it tactically practical, not in any common sense way but defensive troops are cheap and a healing tent is a game changer for defensive players now.

• I said in my comment that bundling offensive troops would have to be disabled.

I apologize, I did not read your comment properly.

In the case you describe, it would still be a little OP and it would make it extremely hard to spot a takeover attempt or just general cata destruction from a single player. A player could then create a small village next to or close to a treasury, gold a level 20 Rally point, move the chiefs and troops from 3 other villages and start a hostile takeover, or rain down destruction from 1 or 2 squares away...
    But then again this can be countered by properly scouting and destroying the forward village, leading to a whole new tactical gameplay.

If it is also allowed for attacks in the way you describe, I don't know how easily this is implemented (coded or visually when sending your attacks) .

• At first I thought the idea was being able to use this feature in own villages only. But when its able to use others RP, then offensive actions are clearly out of the question...or maybe between maximum fealty players if that feature gets implemented.