On Tuesday, August 30th, at 2:00 pm CEST (UTC+2), we are rolling out an update on all live game worlds.
The downtime will last less than 20 minutes. Please plan your troops' crop consumption accordingly.
This vacation mode changes will only come to the new starting game worlds, not on current live worlds.
VACATION MODE CHANGE
When you have the vacation mode enabled, the NPC trader is already disabled. Now, we go a step further. During vacation, it won't be possible to buy or sell resources. Please test this new restriction and confirm in a comment if it works as intended for you.
THE HEALING TENT
From Tuesday, August 30th onwards, all new game worlds will start with the game version 0.104. The first live game worlds will be COM3 and ES3x3, starting at 2:00 pm CEST (UTC+2) that day.
The Healing Tent
Some of you might recognize it from the Birthday Bash worlds – this new building is now coming to all new game worlds.
In a nutshell:
Wounded infantry and cavalry can be healed in the Healing Tent. Higher levels reduce the healing time and increase the capacity for wounded troops. You can build multiple tents in one village.
- Main Building level 10
- Academy level 15
If a level 20 Healing Tent already exists in the village, you can build additional Healing Tents to increase their capacity. They do not increase healing speed or allow more troops to be healed simultaneously.
The Healing Tent will get its own spot on the menu on the top left next to the Workshop.
For more details about this new building, visit the dedicated Knowledge Base article:
You can also find the requirements and the description in the in-game help in Buildings > Military > Healing Tent.
Bandages versus the Healing Tent
|All units can be healed||Only units from (Great) Barracks and (Great) Stables
Excluded troops: Workshop units, troops that are not researched, Settlers, Chieftains, animals, and heroes
|Heal 25 to 38% of defeated troops (given enough Bandages)||Heal up to 40% of defeated troops (given enough capacity)|
|Timing: units return in 24 h/speed||Timing: based on default troop training time and Healing Tent level|
|Healed troops are considered returning troops and can't be attacked||Healed troops are present in the tent and can be destroyed with the building|
|Resources: healing is free but consumes Bandages||Resources: healing costs are 50% of the original troop costs|
|Uneven troop numbers: low-tier units first||Uneven troop numbers: high-tier units first|
|Crop consumption of healed troops is 100% while they return||Crop consumption is 50% while they are not being healed and 0% while being healed|
Healing Tent in Travian Kingdoms versus the Hospital in Travian: Legends
|KINGDOMS HEALING TENT||LEGENDS HOSPITAL|
|Limited capacity||No capacity|
|Mix of instant and movement for wounded troops to arrive||Wounded troops instantly arrive in the Hospital in all cases|
|Crop consumption and starvation active||No crop consumption/starvation, but 10% of troops die every day|
|Reduced healing costs||Healing costs identical to Barracks/Stables|
|Healing Tent destroyed: healing queue and troops lost||Hospital destroyed: healing queue continues and troops are not lost|
|No healing time reduction other than level reductions||Healing time reduced by 50% in addition to level reductions|
- To keep the Healing Tents safer in the capital villages, the Stonemason's Lodge becomes more important
- More relevant targets for Catapults, with changes in def and off strategies
- Decisions become more meaningful
- Robber Camp: While having the village detail screen of a Robber Camp open, new incoming attacks weren't shown. This is fixed now, and you will be informed about new attacks even if you have the detail screen still open.
- Report: Shared attack reports from black secret societies showed the wrong header sometimes. This is now fixed
- Report: When sharing defense reports with the kingdom, information about supporting troops was shared. This is not the case anymore. Now only the type of defending troops of the village owner is shown. As before, the number of troops is masked by a "?".
- WW: Troops in Wonders of the World consume half the crop. As soon as these troops are sent back to their home village, their crop consumption will return to the full rate. Now this includes the return trip.
Have you played on the Birthday Bash worlds and tried out this new building already, or will the next round be the first one for you and the Healing Tent? Be aware that we have implemented some player feedback since then, for example, a "Heal all" button.
Sharpen your swords and have fun playing,
Your Travian Kingdoms Team