Impressions about the new travian

• Hello all,

As i bet i am not the only one that tried the russian open beta of travian kingdoms i would like to hear your impressions about the game so far. Do you like the new aproach of the game (aka the kingdom system). Do you think it could be improved? If yes, how?

Let's get busy testing
    Regards
    Spry

PS: Could someone pls move this post to the apropriate topic. Aparently i've put it in the wrong one :(

The post was edited 1 time, last by Spry ().

• I have only played a few hours, but so far it looks intriguing. The King/Governor mix is interesting and makes me wonder what it will look like longer term. The fact that they kept a LOT of my favorite things carrying over from Travian makes me happy early on

I have played through 8 times end to end, finishing each tribe at least twice with Gauls taking 4 of the 8 finishes. Right now I want to do that again to really get a feel for the new game before more than "This looks intriguing."

• I am a government and all i want to do is revolt to king right now. lol.

I've played both king and governor. Trust me, you will want to stay as governor, especially if you have no plan and are nearby other well-founded alliances/kingdoms.

On top of that, Kings only have 24 hours of beginner's protection. If you started when the servers opened, you will lose your protection immediately and will probably get hit by other kings.

Stay a governor, pick an alliance you like the looks of, ask to join, and settle around where there are many of them.

• I agree with Railgunz. I, too, have played in both roles and I can say with certainty the best role, especially for one who has not played this version yet, is governor. Also, I believe that only those with duals or who spend hours at a time multiple times each day in their accounts - and only those with leadership experience - should play as king.

• As with all new games this server will be a cluster#$@^ as everyone feels their way around. So expect a lot of turmoil this round as everyone gets settled in. Hopefully the new players will listen to those who have played and make it a bit easier.

• The problem is that King seems to be the option for people who are active and Governor is marketed as a casual experience.

This led me to picking King, and even though I saw your post saying I could switch over via my embassy, I still haven't managed to. So I guess I'll just try to stick it out until I get eaten up in a few days :)

• The problem is that King seems to be the option for people who are active and Governor is marketed as a casual experience.

This led me to picking King, and even though I saw your post saying I could switch over via my embassy, I still haven't managed to. So I guess I'll just try to stick it out until I get eaten up in a few days :)

In the embassy, there is an x at the top right (I think). It is not large, but is an x, lol. (find the x) Hover your mouse over it and it will ask you if you want to abdicate. Just follow through.

Yes, governor was originally billed as being for the less active. However, having played both roles and having been responsible for a kingdom with 10 governors in the closed beta, I have seen the benefit to a team of having active governors. I feel that a good team will consist of active governors and a king to lead the team. A governor can be offensive of defensive - aggressive or not - but can contribute to the team.

Please remember that there have been only closed test servers to this point, with a limited number of players, and that the game has gone through many changes since the Alpha started. Although the designers had a certain vision as to how they thought the game should go, it is up to those of us who play it to work out what works best for us. Though this is an open server, the testing continues both here and on the FIS. It would not surprise me to see a good many more changes before final release. This open server is, again in my opinion, the first full test of this game.

Frankly, I have never known a less than active Travian account to see much in the way of success or to contribute much at all to any team. In my opinion, active governors are essential to a kingdom, and active kingdoms to an alliance.

• January 2015, after finish two servers I said: "No more Travian for me" (I'm playing since 2006!)
    Today, I enter to my email and read about a new Travian with an intriguing idea...
    And here I am :p

Therefore, welcome!

I also said "No more Travian for me" and limit myself to just watching Travian development.. and suddenly I registered..

Curiosity is sometimes annoying..

Lol.. :p