Visual seasons for town view

• Hey again,

Since i can't sleep coz i am at work my mind was thinking of the old days of travian. I remember i used to download some mod which made the travian town be covered in snow and some actual snowing was going on there. It was such a cozy feeling staying in front of the screen with a cup of cofee and stare at the nice view. So i though this might be a nice adition to the game, to have 4 different seasons (nothing much just some flowers in the spring, some yellow leafes in autumn etc). And if you are to add the weather effects as well....the snowing, some raining, falling leafes etc, that would be something.

Just my two penny worth of thoughts.

Regards
    Spry

• That's an awesome idea. If it weren't too much trouble, we could maybe see things like a Halloween graphics pack added around Halloween, and maybe something for Springtime. There are a lot of little things that would be 'icing on the cake' so to speak.

• I rly have to bump this post coz i rly want to see those things in-game. I belive eye candy is important in a static game where you spend more time staring at a map and making strategies.

• A friend just said "What are they talking about? Travian ain't no Facebook game!" Of course, the language was a bit more colorful, lol. But I see her point. I also see your point and can see no harm in it as long as it is optional.

• Lol proly your friend didn't get to see what i am talking about. The village view (were you construct the buildings) was covered in snow, roof tops where covered in sknow. There was a nice .gif that would mimic the snowing effect itself. It was a well done and very good implemented into travian. Without ruining the theme of the game or anything. So my idea was to have this kind of effects based on real anual seasons. A travian server usualy take up to 1 year so 1 cycle of all would be amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Something in the lines of http://ro.travianskins.com/dorf2.php?s=winter. But ofc way better done, Less snowing :)

• Lol proly your friend didn't get to see what i am talking about. The village view (were you construct the buildings) was covered in snow, roof tops where covered in sknow. There was a nice .gif that would mimic the snowing effect itself. It was a well done and very good implemented into travian. Without ruining the theme of the game or anything. So my idea was to have this kind of effects based on real anual seasons. A travian server usualy take up to 1 year so 1 cycle of all would be amazing.

No, she has seen the same thing on some of the Facebook games she used to play. She escaped from Facebook years ago, as did I. Neither of us often refer to Facebook in any but a derogatory fashion.

Just remember the old saying, "All that glitters is not gold." Facebook and its games glitter mightily, lol

• No, she has seen the same thing on some of the Facebook games she used to play. She escaped from Facebook years ago, as did I. Neither of us often refer to Facebook in any but a derogatory fashion.

Just remember the old saying, "All that glitters is not gold." Facebook and its games glitter mightily, lol

It's not about glitter, it's about changing the view from time to time. Travian is a static game by design. Looking at the same village/fields quickly becomes boring. Why not improve a bit on that? I don't suggest to overwhelm the graphics with ugly effects and .gifs. But something in the way of the current artwork. I believe everyone will enjoy it. And if not a simple check-box to remove it from the account management page would do.