Short Vs Long Adventures

  • Was looking at the new adventure system and i am stumped. Short adventure is 11:46 for 1 cost, while Long is 1:07:10 for 2 cost. While it does say long gives twice as much valuables and you take twice as much dmg i can do 6 shorts in that same time. Am i missing something because it seems like a terrible trade.

  • Was looking at the new adventure system and i am stumped. Short adventure is 11:46 for 1 cost, while Long is 1:07:10 for 2 cost. While it does say long gives twice as much valuables and you take twice as much dmg i can do 6 shorts in that same time. Am i missing something because it seems like a terrible trade.


    Personally, I think any perceived advantage in bounty has so far been totally random. The only real advantage I have seen in the long adventures would be if you were going offline and had two adventure points. You could send your hero on a long adventure and it would equal to short adventures then be home while you sleep. I only do short ones.

  • Maybe a double chance for got rare itens , for example: wooden shield, can be more sucesful on long adventures.


    some like 30% vs 15%, maybe. ???


    No, sorry, but I looked at about a dozen lists of around 25 adventure bounties each and it was impossible to tell that long adventures consistently gave 2 better bounties than one short one. That would be a statistically small sample on this server, but there were far fewer players on the closed beta.

  • although i do mostly short ones and kinda successfull (uf u can succeed in luck :D) i just refuse to beliefe that there is no more benefit in large ones that bypassing offline time. i would love the statement of any officials about this topic

  • Guys, NEWS, i have made a short adventure yesterday and i gain W: 750 C: 750 I: 2250 Crop:750. Today, i make the long adventure and gain W: 4500 C: 5400 I: 4500 Crop:4500, for me, this is a prove that long adventure is better than short ones!

  • I got more items and resources from long adventures... When I dont have time to busy my hero I always take him on long adventure, and it's paying off for me,..

  • Guys, NEWS, i have made a short adventure yesterday and i gain W: 750 C: 750 I: 2250 Crop:750. Today, i make the long adventure and gain W: 4500 C: 5400 I: 4500 Crop:4500, for me, this is a prove that long adventure is better than short ones!


    Actually, the amount of resources vary a lot and 2 adventures does not prove anything. For example i got 5 cages from an adventure yesterday and today i got 13 of them. So it varies a lot, i think we really need a devs statement to this!

  • Actually, the amount of resources vary a lot and 2 adventures does not prove anything. For example i got 5 cages from an adventure yesterday and today i got 13 of them. So it varies a lot, i think we really need a devs statement to this!


    The first 8 or 10 adventures are scripted, the same for everyone. After that they are random. Of course, everyone will judge these things for themselves, but we have seen no consistent advantage in bounty from long adventures and Jallu has been with the game as long as I have (since the first closed test server, the alpha). Basically, you get two adventure rewards and your hero suffers twice the damage from a long adventure. I have seen a good many lists of rewards identifying which were short and which long and if you removed that identification and listed each reward separately you could not identify which were short and which long.

  • I consistently look as shorts as twice the advantage to gain ointments(adventures before raids), plus I can send my hero on raids with troops to make sure mobs are clear. I'm managing alright right now. OT I'm amazed how low realm troop counts are on average.

  • If the chance variance between short and long adventures are truly equal, then they must stack diminishingly. For instance, if I choose for my hero to go on a short adventure then he has a 5% chance of obtaining armour (for example). However, this does not mean that he has a 10% chance of obtaining the same armour on a long one. In fact, for two short adventures to equal a long one, the probability on a long adventure would have to be 0.05 + ((1 - 0.05) x 0.05) = 0.05 + 0.0475 = 0.0975 which is 9.75%. Only then would the probabilities of the two adventures be 'equal'.


    Since the Devs haven't answered after half a year, I'm guessing that they're either slack or they're hiding something from us, probably because they don't want us to know the 'true' values behind the game mechanics. In the meantime, I'll just assume this is the case and that because of this there's no reason to choose a long adventure over a short one except for a last task sort of thing before logging off.

  • If the chance variance between short and long adventures are truly equal, then they must stack diminishingly.


    ...I think you're overthinking it.
    Each reward on a long adventure is going to be determined independently.
    So it wouldn't be 10% or 9.75%, it would be 5% (for whatever item) + 95% chance for any other item (or NVF) and a then a second 5% chance at whatever item + 95% for everything else (or NVF). Getting something in the first reward of a long adventure doesn't (or shouldn't) effect what happens in the 2nd reward.

  • 9.75%


    9.75% (1-(0.95^2)) is in fact (or should be, if the chances are equal) the chance of getting a certain item of which the chance is 5% that you get it at least once while sending your Hero on a long adventure. The majority of people just don't know how to math properly.


    As Wonka said, you're overthinking it. If the answers given by the forum-users are wrong, the devs/CMs would have stepped in. As they haven't, you can regard the answers given by the players as correct.

  • Basically, from my own observation, you can count on one long adventure to be exactly equal to two short ones in both reward and damage. The only difference I was able to ascertain was in the time each takes to complete. As I stated before, I have seen several lists of loot obtained in adventures from several different players, identifying which were long (two rewards) and which short.