The xTools project - an external tool dedicated to Travian : Kingdoms

• Hello, hello,

Many players don't know, but in fact, xTools is based upon the name of an external tool project.
    Like many players, we consider GetterTools as dead since some time now - an information like that was told to us by a member of the translation team.

And so, we started a new project : xTools, during the middle of Closed Beta.

That tool, for now, exists only as an alpha version (only dummy datas, no database for now).
    Most of the UI is done by me, and I can say the UI is done at 50%.

Due to some circonstances, we are in research of a php dev that would accept to create some of the processes, maybe all.

For you to imagine what will be possible on the tool :
    - Tools :
    --> Basic ones : cropfinder, inactive finder, maps.
    --> Defense : tournament square estimator, defense table, defense call, rally point analysis.
    --> Offense : hammer builder, basher tool,
    --> Intelligence : Add a report, Collection of reports, Combining reports,
    --> Advanced : Feeder (for Wonder, as example), custom map.
    - Troops tools for confeds, alliance, kingdoms and players.
    - Offensive plan creator/editor
    - Hall of Fame

There will be an inner forum dedicated to the development and improvement of the tool, and also a FAQ. The first usable draft of the tool will be in english, german and french.

The connection to the tool will be possible with three different kind of connection :
    - visitor,
    - Travian:Kingdoms AccessKey : for reports collections and troop tools.
    - xTools registered user : for multiserver connection.

The UI include the use of browsers capacities : cookies, and browser inner database (IndexedDb for those who knows).

The tools won't be developped to fit on smartphones at first, due to the complexity of many tools.

So, if you want to participate in the project, mostly for the server side, you're welcome and you can contact me via personnal message here.

Alpha : Knud, in "M&Ms" - Closed Beta : Knud, in "xTools" - Fast Iteration Server : Knud, in "TOP" - COM2 (Open Beta) : Knud, in "xTools" *
    FR5 : Ragnar, in "CMDB" *

The post was edited 1 time, last by Knud ().

• kirilloid will have all this within the month, I'm sure

The "kirilloid" like tools are already done (that's the easiest part)

Why dont you add it to, for example, Github, where everybody can help you?

Because of secrecy. Even if all the UI code will be availiable just by connecting, there is a great part of data encryption in PHP, so, following the rules of the french law (server is in France, with maybe the most well done law for data privacy ;)) so we gave to do many layers of protection, and because we won't have it released as "open source".

We will make it open source when Travian will make the game open source ... so, never.

And no, no JAVA, maybe for an applet in the future, but not for now ;)

Alpha : Knud, in "M&Ms" - Closed Beta : Knud, in "xTools" - Fast Iteration Server : Knud, in "TOP" - COM2 (Open Beta) : Knud, in "xTools" *

The post was edited 1 time, last by Knud ().

• kirilloid will have all this within the month, I'm sure

Do not expect Kirill to work on kirilloid. I spoke to him last spring and summer a little about Travian. He has no interest in it. He was kind of open about the idea of adding little things that Kingdoms has but his main idea is to make it all open source - so that others could freely edit and customize the tools. In short, someone should really inspire / nag on Kirill for him to customize his tool to match Kingdoms.

Gettertools has been dead for long, it just doesn't need that much to be updated. It needs some fixes here and there but even as a passive tool it works well.

• Gettertools needs a lot of updates, in fact (front end out of date, utterly low, server side completely hacked ...) ... and btw, it's dead from dead.

• i am a programmer
    i can help in the interface development since that is my field if you want ofc
    i know CSS (Bootstrap) in further way, JS, HTML and JQuery
    with general knowledge of PHP and MySQL
    i can be useful if you need me just PM me

Red John
    Customer Service Representative & Community Manager
    Travian Kingdoms AE

• instead of planners, I wish there was collection tools for Culture Point/Troops. Kind of like gettertools but a bit more userfriendly (that doesn't require a log in)

One is more trustworthy when he speaks of his problems before his problems speak for him.

• instead of planners, I wish there was collection tools for Culture Point/Troops. Kind of like gettertools but a bit more userfriendly (that doesn't require a log in)

Hello,

For that, it's not "tools" but "helpers".

I made a googledocs with all those infos (all buildings ressources and cp per level, and also amount of cp produce by building A at lvl N), I suppose I can export it under csv, and host it on github (or display the info on my small tool).

For the troops, I made (whew, it's been a while) a page on github (in english/german/french) that gives some calculations about troops (there are a few bugs in it - specially for the ts estimator, and hammer builder :s).

http://knudian.github.io/xToolsProject_Lite/#/home

You can go for it, but only issues given in Github will be taken into account.
    And since it's all "no registration needed" - and no database at all - if you have any idea for improving, you're welcome to participate.

Warm regards,

Knud

PS : I speak JAVA too, now ... and I'm thinking of making it under JAVA ... but the UI is so lame :o no one would use it :(

• very nice and I agree, the UI offered through github is very clean. I will see if I can send you some diminishing return excel sheets (and let you know exactly what they mean, or the best decision because of it.)
    However the binary options to load different calculation (like if time is an issue, and final gold cost from all the finish time if used) might be a bit harder to calculate in.

One of the most noteable things overlooked is the accrued cost of crop for troop hammer calculators, that is the total crop consumption after X troops are produced.

One is more trustworthy when he speaks of his problems before his problems speak for him.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Arcolithe ().

• also using your hammer I noticed that the axemen are not updated for Kingdoms, axemen should be cheaper than clubswinger to make ; yours cost 340 resource each, but in Kingdoms they cost 275 resources

• also using your hammer I noticed that the axemen are not updated for Kingdoms, axemen should be cheaper than clubswinger to make ; yours cost 340 resource each, but in Kingdoms they cost 275 resources

Might be, I agree, it's been a while I updated it (there are some minor bugs I did not correct since then).

You're welcome to place issues on Github for it - that's a nice way of calculating the things.

-----------------------

By the way, with another french player, we started the modeling (UML, for those understanding it), and soon a platform should be created to host it.
    The main point would be to pay for hosting ... and that's the hottest point for us.