Silver Usage

• I don't know whether this has been brought up before - I didn't fancy reading through the many posts to find out.

Silver Usage in Travian Kingdoms
    Does anyone else think the new rules guarding everything to do with silver are absolutely ridiculous? We are only able to sell things at an 'average price', rather than allowing people to bid on our items in an auction. This is terrible - I'll tell you why. A couple of days ago, I saw some artwork in 'auction' going for 7,000+ silver; just now, after glancing at some auctions, artwork is going for over 17,000 silver, but apparently I can only sell mine for 3,028. This is preposterous. How on earth is that an average? Let me tell you why Travian does not want us allowing our items to be 'bid' on: they want us to buy more gold - spend more money. This is evident in the exchange system, where you can exchange 200 silver for 1 gold; but you can somehow only exchange 1 gold for 100 silver. Unbelievable. This silly new auction system is stopping me from bidding on armour and items, as I refuse to pay more money to obtain the (unfair) amount of silver needed.

Additionally, 3 gold (rather than the original 2) to complete building processes? 50 gold to unlock master builder? ONLY if you're a member of Travian Plus? Master builder used to be free with a Plus account, I'm sure... What the hell guys? Cut us some slack, please?

Best,
    One annoyed player.

• While I agree with you in principle, as to the auctions, I understand why it was changed. It was necessary to find some way to prevent silver pushing. I happen to agree that the method chosen is not fair to players who use the auction regularly. A far better way would be to pay 100% of the average price the item (or similar items) has sold for in the past 72 hours. I do not believe silver pushers would spend enough gold to make enough purchases to increase average prices far enough to make it profitable to push silver.

IN earlier versions, Master builder was not free with plus. You had to pay 1g for each usage.

• But they have not only managed to prevent silver pushing, they have also managed to deter ordinary people who use auctions regularly (like myself) from bidding on items. They should really have thought harder about the situation - there are many ways to do it. You suggested a good one.

I do remember, now, the master builder costing 1g. Apologies. But again, if you use the master builder far more than 50 times, then the 50g price for unlocking is worth it (and possibly the subsequent 75g for the next unlock), but if not, it is again unfair.

I imagine this is all a trial, anyway, to try and perfect the systems they use.

• But they have not only managed to prevent silver pushing, they have also managed to deter ordinary people who use auctions regularly (like myself) from bidding on items. They should really have thought harder about the situation - there are many ways to do it. You suggested a good one.

I do remember, now, the master builder costing 1g. Apologies. But again, if you use the master builder far more than 50 times, then the 50g price for unlocking is worth it (and possibly the subsequent 75g for the next unlock), but if not, it is again unfair.

Yes, it is important for everyone to remember that this is still in beta. There are reasons behind all changes made in the game, and they will not all be explained fully so we can all understand them - the devs would have to spend as much time explaining as they spend working on the issues which come up.

It is very important, however, for people to speak up here and give them as much input from players as possible. Everyone's thoughts and ideas are important and none are ignored. As in any undertaking, it is impossible to please everyone, but they want the game to be a success.

• I do remember, now, the master builder costing 1g. Apologies. But again, if you use the master builder far more than 50 times, then the 50g price for unlocking is worth it (and possibly the subsequent 75g for the next unlock), but if not, it is again unfair.

50g for the first slot is definitely worthwhile, IMO. I think I've already come close to 50 uses for it -- I just add an extra item to the queue any time I'm going to be away from the computer for awhile. Every night while I sleep, there's at least 1 thing in each town that gets built via the MB.
    In T4, I never used the MB due to the 1g cost, but having bought it on the closed beta, I've grown accustomed to it and felt it was worth the 1-time investment.