Treasures shouldn't give any more crop than they give other resources.

• The simplest solution I can see to the "problem" of getting too much crop in return for stolen goods would be to pay crop in the same proportion as other resources. Don't link the amount of crop paid with the number of treasures in a kingdom. In the FIS, which has gone far beyond where a 1x server will go, I find myself selling stolen goods from my cap and overflowing the granary by 100s of thousands in crop just to fill the warehouse. While it will never get that extreme on a normal server, the same thing will happen.

Just throwing numbers out - for Gaul, 600 wood, 800 clay, 600 Iron and 800 crop per stolen good would seem reasonable at this point. Another way to do it would be for each stolen good to pay a percentage of the server average amount of each resource, including crop, taken in bounty from hideouts.

As we have discussed before, there is indeed much too much crop in this version, and a good part of the reason is that crop cost for troops and crop fields has been taken out of the game. I still feel crop should be included in the cost of research, training and upgrading of troops and in all buildings and fields. Even if this is done, the ridiculously high payment in crop for stolen goods, later in the server and especially in the larger kingdoms with a large number of treasures, is a deal breaker for a high percentage of players. I am a heavy gold user, yet I will tell you now that this aspect of the new game gives too much advantage to gold users. Set the values so crop is not linked to a kingdom's treasures.

We still tend to think in terms of earlier versions, however. We need to stop doing that. TK is a different game in so many ways. We have to find new tactics, new strategies. We have to work within different limitations. But with a few basic changes it can be a better game than T4 ever was, can encourage teamwork, and can be much more fun.

• The proportions wouldn't be an issue if we weren't getting such an overwhelmingly large number of resources from tributes. I've said it before, scarcity is gone in this game. That kills a lot of innovation in strategy. It also increases the advantages of being a heavy gold user.

In the mean time, use the market to get rid of your extra wheat. You're better off trading at a loss than letting it max out and not getting anything from it.

• The proportions wouldn't be an issue if we weren't getting such an overwhelmingly large number of resources from tributes. I've said it before, scarcity is gone in this game. That kills a lot of innovation in strategy. It also increases the advantages of being a heavy gold user.

In the mean time, use the market to get rid of your extra wheat. You're better off trading at a loss than letting it max out and not getting anything from it.

I have to disagree. The proportions will always be an issue as it is done now. Besides, larger (and/or older) kingdoms will have more governors, their kings will have more treasures, and so the payoff in crop will be so much higher it adds an extra advantage to those kingdoms, especially if there is a high percentage of gold users.

Suppose your king holds 10k treasures. That means for every stolen good you sell, you get resources, but also get 10k crop. With one granary and plus activated, you can sell 10 stolen goods if you empty the granary first. With 3 granaries you can sell 30. Then with gold use you can redistribute.

In the kingdom next to you, say the king holds 5k treasures. So that king's governors can sell twice as many at one time, (.but with twice as much of wood, clay and iron and the same amount of crop, chances are he or she will have to NPC at least twice for every time the other governor in the bigger kingdom does) but will get half as much crop, which boils down to just over half as much in payment for the same stolen goods.

In either example, if the player is not a heavy gold user, much of the crop will be lost to overflow - or the stolen goods will remain in hero inventory where they do not contribute to the team.

We are in early server yet. The crop excesses you see now will increase exponentially and training troops 24/7 will not use it all in kingdoms which hold a good many treasures. Smaller and/or newer kingdoms will get smaller by comparison and larger kingdoms larger. In either case, crop will be wasted or stolen goods will sit in hero inventory. like this: http://prntscr.com/6trn5h from the FIS where gold is extremely limited.

I will stand by my suggestion that crop be paid in like proportion to other resources.

• Amount of crop
    I see that you get too much crop in kingdoms with lots of treasures. To incentive governors for having many treasures in their kingdom, they get extra crop for it. Kingdoms with less treasures get less crop. There is already a cap at 4k treasures. Once reached, the amount of crop will no longer be 1:1 (treasures:crop) but less. 8k treasures for example will give 5k crop per stolen good.

Influence
    The calculation of influence is already too complecated for many players. I'd like to make it easier instead of adding complexity here. I'm sure we can find other ways to have more wars in the game. When designing Travian: Kingdoms I thought that stealing treasures from other kings would be a strong goal for other kingdoms, as treasures give you VPs and resources.

• First of all, I'm very glad you took some time to drop some hindsights on why you decided to put this kind of mechanism. It's always a pleasure to see game dev interacting with the player-base, and that's (imo) the only way for a game to keep growing :).

To incentive governors for having many treasures in their kingdom, they get extra crop for it.

Well, isn't there already enough incentives for people to have many treasures in their kingdom? In the end, that's the condition for victory: having the most treasures (= VP). Seems like a pretty good reason already.

[COLOR=#463F39] I'm sure we can find other ways to have more wars in the game. When designing Travian Kingdoms I thought that stealing treasures from other kings would be a strong goal for other kingdoms, as treasures give you VPs and resources.

Have you had time to read this http://forum.kingdoms.travian.com/com/showthread.php?t=628? Some players have dropped some ideas as to how make the early to mid game more interesting/dynamic, have more wars, etc.

The post was edited 5 times, last by Wynd ().

• BBCode is what you use for editing your text like adding links etc. How did you make link to the other thread and putting "here" as a title?

• Oh, I know what it is, just not how to use it.

In the reply box there is an option just above it for a link. Highlight the text, and it asks for the link when you press the button.

• i get about 6k crop for one stolen good and that barley is enough....why would any want to limit the ress... ?!?!?! i don't have enough ...if you can't spend that is your problem, but i spend all and still it isn't enough ... and i know you are going to say i have to farm...i am farming over 200 players, and of course including all the greys from all the map

i use gold .. a plus account all the time, some npc and some, 25%ress bonus and all the gold for that i get buying and selling at the auction,

so if you want to play this game for free with all options on you can still do it for free if you give it time, stop limiting other people just because you don't have time or you don't want to pay!!!!

love to all!

• Now this is server Im playing on. If there is something wrong about crop production by treasures its the one that says (for every treasure your king has you get one grain.) There maybe more complex formula in place too, but in essence it goes in away that player who belongs in larger alliance gets more grain. Meaning 2 same level players in different alliances can have about +-1000 per hour in crop production difference due treasures. This means there is huge difference between alliances even in between top 5.. Not to mention smaller alliances that try to keep what little they have. And how can they do that when alliance with more member have also larger hammers because they get huge crop gift.

So yes I do hope this is balanced more. A lot more.. or removed altogether and grain is added to other resources.

• Well i kinda agree here, so much crop makes no gold users not selling treasures, or selling them at slower pace until they got room for crop to absorb, so changing this wouldn't be a bad idea, for us who use gold makes no diff what res we get, we just npc it, but for non gold users it matters.

• You only need to look at offers in the market to see that there's too much crop around. If you want to sell any, it will cost you up to double of any other resource. At the same time it's almost impossible to trade other resources much of the time. Heavy gold users love the current situation. They sell other resources for double the same amount in crop, then NPC it into other resources. I believe this is deliberate to encourage more spending on gold.