Duke question

• If governors are allowed to choose their alliance/kingdom, there won't be more alliance wings. "Playing their own game" is fine but not if that leads to only one way of playing in existance..Which allows nobody except the people who want to play in a meta to actually play their own way -_-

• When the size of your customer (user) base falls dramatically, as it did with T4 versions, the concept loses its validity.

You can't think only in terms of who is playing now, but who will be part of the user base in the future and what will attract or repel them.

What market forces led to the drop in the base would be a matter up for debate. Perhaps it was a limit of 60 ppl in an alliance that led to the drop

which would actually reinforce my point.

• If governors are allowed to choose their alliance/kingdom, there won't be more alliance wings. "Playing their own game" is fine but not if that leads to only one way of playing in existance..Which allows nobody except the people who want to play in a meta to actually play their own way -_-

this would deter the point of kingdoms working together, in the end it would be the old game, were all the players just joined whoever they wanted and had nothing linking them together...

-LD

• You market force argument is ******** since there is no real free will in this market. Everybody is being forced to play in metas, everybody else gets destroyed or assimilated and this is precisely what the game incentivizes. Saying that a limit of 60 people being in an alliance that led to the drop makes even less sense since that has been around since T2 and was never a problem there. If the playerbase managed to grow exponentially during a time with 60-limit alliances then it can't possibly be the cause that led to the drop.

- - - Updated - - -

No, since the game is about victory points and your villages may still end up in another kingdom. You would need to fight in order to get your VP to accumulate with the right king, not an enemy one.

How long have meta's been around? No matter what the dev's do people are going to find work arounds to form the groups they wish- no matter how big or small.
    Why not embrace it as they have done in TK and not limit Alliance size. I'd rather there be just 1 samurai or xtools than 8 or 9. I am sympathetic to what your saying
    about huge alliances dominating smaller ones especially through gold use. I see that your case is a good point about 1 super gold using player dominating the whole area.
    I don't see alliance size as strong a contributing factor in your instance as a flawed gold use system is to blame.

• I disagree, if governors had free will to choose an alliance they would support the alliances around them or the largest alliances and not their own kings and those small alliances, new players would join the top players and the meta alliances would still be filled up.

-LD

• I disagree, if governors had free will to choose an alliance they would support the alliances around them or the largest alliances and not their own kings and those small alliances, new players would join the top players and the meta alliances would still be filled up.

-LD

Getting a useless king isn't fun though. Why would I want to support a king I don't want to play with?

Multihunter FI
    Forum Admin FI

• What if there were no limits on kings in alliances? Everyone in an alliance could be a king an you could set

up a "blockade" of influence preventing uncontrolled growth of larger alliances. A large kingdom could be made

to look like swiss cheese. The problem with setting up complex systems like TK is the law of unintended consequences.

The king limit in an alliance may have been put in to keep alliances from growing out of control quickly but it may have also

hampered smaller kings from banding together in larger numbers to put 1 large king in check.

• You can still attack your own king, or become a king yourself and remove his kingdom to form your own in his previous kingdom. Or set up a deal with a better neighbor king to help support him in taking your area into his influence.

-LD

• hi i was wondering when the new update is coming? the one where the duke will be introduced in the game

Hi w&W!

This feature is in testing. After that, it would be rolled out on the FIS (test server) and if that goes well, it will be pushed to the open beta servers about a week later. So, at least 3 weeks, but could be longer.

Thanks and best regards,

Bridgette

• Problem with replacing generals with dukes is suddenly i cant appoint more then a few goveners to keep a eye out on crop on other villages, or to see the reports. That seems awfully limited, you can both have a general AND a duke, they dont need to replace each other and can work side by side. I cant see the rational in replacing them

• Problem with replacing generals with dukes is suddenly i cant appoint more then a few goveners to keep a eye out on crop on other villages, or to see the reports. That seems awfully limited, you can both have a general AND a duke, they dont need to replace each other and can work side by side. I cant see the rational in replacing them

We want to keep the game simple. "Generals" were intended to be trusted and active governors. The same counts for dukes now. So they will be replaced. But you still can found a secret society and add the governors you trust, to share the same information you did, when they were generals.

• I am currently under the influence of an enemy King and i have to pay taxes to him , if i become a duke will he still be able to collect taxes from my village ?

• I am currently under the influence of an enemy King and i have to pay taxes to him , if i become a duke will he still be able to collect taxes from my village ?

Hey helias,
    no, your village will not generate tributes for your king.

Best regards,
    Georgi

Community Manager
    Travian Kingdoms International