Duke question

• is this already on?

is this available in COM2 world?

Hey enl,
    the duke feature has been introduced to our test server, but not COM2 yet. If everything goes well on the test, we're going to deploy it to other worlds too.

Best regards,
    Georgi

Community Manager
    Travian Kingdoms International

• Hi w&W,

as you might have seen already, the update is live on our TEST server already. You can find information on how to access it here.
    After a successful test, the feature will be implemented on the open beta worlds, but this can still take a little bit :)

kind regards,
    Fisaga

• Been reading some suggestions about making a max to governers in a kingdom and think I have to share my thoughts on this matter.

Personally I love the fact that the limit on alliance members is finally gone, I never liked playing in 1 alliance that consisted of 10 wings orso, which kinda got fixed with this kindom system. Sure there are still alliances that make wings, but merging with your wing is a lot more profitable then staying as 2 separate wings since victory points get added daily, so 2 wings won't earn as much victory points compared to them merging into 1 alliance. I've been pushing to keep my alliance wing-free, and just merge with anyone that offers to become our wing and that's working out great so far.

I don't see any use in capping max alliance members or max governers in a kingdom orso, since that means we'll just go back to the old meta of 1 alliance with 10 wings.
    This new system allows us to change the meta that's been in travian for years, I really don't see a single reason to change this.

• Been reading some suggestions about making a max to governers in a kingdom and think I have to share my thoughts on this matter.

Personally I love the fact that the limit on alliance members is finally gone, I never liked playing in 1 alliance that consisted of 10 wings orso, which kinda got fixed with this kindom system. Sure there are still alliances that make wings, but merging with your wing is a lot more profitable then staying as 2 separate wings since victory points get added daily, so 2 wings won't earn as much victory points compared to them merging into 1 alliance. I've been pushing to keep my alliance wing-free, and just merge with anyone that offers to become our wing and that's working out great so far.

I don't see any use in capping max alliance members or max governers in a kingdom orso, since that means we'll just go back to the old meta of 1 alliance with 10 wings.
    This new system allows us to change the meta that's been in travian for years, I really don't see a single reason to change this.

No I would reduce the number of wings and victory point accumulation. There's a flaw in the system I would like to correct(as several others have pointed out), everyone wants to be in the TOP alliance. So when they see one alliance running away with the ball they take everything they have to offer(victory points) and get into that alliance. By destroying stolen treasures, removing the oasis system and limiting Kings to just 3 it will bring more balance to the game. Of course you are enjoying it because you are winning. There is no hope of another alliance catching up with you when you are winning.

I'm fighting so many battles with newbs around me whose only thought process is "How can I get into the top alliance", and their method of recruiting is name dropping. "Hey this is my kingdom, but one day I will be gov of XYZ who is in the winning Meta" It's so freaking ridiculous that they have these door to door salespeople selling this pyramid scheme game tactics.

If ever there was a pyramid scheme it would be this game in it's current configuration. Of course you enjoy it... your at the top of the food chain.

I enjoy War Games, and this is not a war game... I would have to allign myself with some top alliance just to recruit people who toss themselves at the chance of being a supporting member of the winning alliance!

My intent at this point is not to win, because I see how pointless that would be, but to enjoy the game and hope that this victory point system will work itself out through testing.

The post was edited 1 time, last by el che ().

• not sure what alliance you think I'm in, but I'm part of UN, we had to work hard to get where we are and have refused wings etc because wings don't have any use in this new system.
    You say you want to reduce the number of wings, but don't agree with what I say?
    Smaller alliances, means more wings because people form larger groups then alliance max, this has always happened in travian, just look at any travian server. A few strong alliances, with a lot of wings.
    Now with this kingdom system, there is no max to alliance, so 0 need for wings, some wings still get made, but that's a mistake imo, since it's useless. It's just splitting your own victory points.

I'm not against the removal of influence from oasis or any of the changes already planned, but in this topic I read people suggesting reintroducing a cap on alliance. That's is what I'm against, that will only increase the amount of wings again...

Edit: I do agree with your point about victory points, something should be changed there, but that has nothing to do with placing a cap on max alliance members.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vamps ().