Robber Hideout not scaled correctly

• So I recently became a top 10 attacker of the week. I unfortunately lost a lot of troops. The problem I have is that after the losses, this new hideout appeared and would cost me over 70k resources = troops. The only conclusion I have is that it's scaled based off of your max troops achieved and not your current troop totals. The Robber Hideouts attack way to often..... I would understand 1 every 3 days or so.... but I'm getting attacked every 1-2 days and losing way to many troops. So my biggest question is.... Am I playing against players or the Robber Hideouts? BTW.... My hero is 20% attack and 7300 attack power with tier 2 weapon.

• Hi RandAlThor,
    as Jallu pointed out the army in the hideouts is not calculated based on the maximum of troops you ever had. What I can advise you in order to minimize your losses is wait for the robbers to attack and while they're doing so defeat the other 1/2 of the troops which is stationed there. They are launching their first attack after 36 hours and eventually again after 72.

Kind regards,
    Georgi

Community Manager
    Travian Kingdoms International

• I'm so happy you pointed that out.... If i'm going to lose sleep or have to worry about incoming attacks so I can counter attack..... It shouldn't be AI.... It should be actual players. Huge fail on that point imo. If i'm off base on this.... please, everyone correct me.

• From a player that is much larger than me in population and started (same day) on the server..... sooooo.... her robber hideouts are 1/5 the size of mine....... So again.... the Calculations are way off and defiantly not based on production /server age. If they are supposed to be.... well, then I found a bug.

oversized?
    [10:22:07 AM] xxxxxx mine have like 150 imperians and 50 ei and 50 legios
    [10:22:07 AM] xxxxxx: lol

• I'm so happy you pointed that out.... If i'm going to lose sleep or have to worry about incoming attacks so I can counter attack..... It shouldn't be AI.... It should be actual players. Huge fail on that point imo. If i'm off base on this.... please, everyone correct me.

Hi again,
    the hideouts will launch their attack as soon as you are online again so there won't be any surprises like those you mentioned :)

Kind regards.
    Georgi

Community Manager

• Hi again,
    That also is not true. If your sitter logs in, it will count and send the attack. Unless I sleep walked and played last night..... Sitters are usually used when you are sleeping to check on the account btw.

• Hi again,
    Well, if your sitter doesn't respond to the attack and defeat the hideout in time, I guess it would be his fault then,right?
    I'll pass on your feedback anyway, thank you.

Best regards,
    Georgi

Community Manager

• I am noticing that if you attack robber hideouts as soon as they come out, you can get ~ 1.75 robber hideouts per day. Is this affected by how quickly you attack them - e.g. if you always wait 36hrs for them to attack you do you get less robbers?

• It seems to me that they are based off of when you cleared them. I also felt that I was getting more like 3/day, usually. Though I was only in the second week, maybe it gets longer the further in you are.

• I've had to modify my game play for robber hideouts and now have plenty of reinforcements and a full blown Zoo. That way I can defend the Robber attack and then catch them during the next attack..... because they are to powerful even at half strength to be honest. Now that I've started this strategy.... I'm getting less than half the Robber hideouts, because these stay and overall I'm +Resources in regards to troops lost/stopping my raiding.
    Again.... I love the Idea of Robber Hideouts, but It should not be such a game changer and I shouldn't be focusing on Robber Hideouts instead of Players.