Oasis Scouting

• It seems that the Dev's have taken away a very important tool in gauging your enemy. I just sent fakes and subsequent scouting of an enemy oasis to take a look at crop consumption over the course of one minute.

What I saw was a 20 crop surplus after one minute, that should be 10% of his available resources at 1/60 of an hour. So essentially his first village a 6-c is producing 12000 crop per hour?

How is this possible...

Of course it is not possible, what is more likely is I scouted his available loot to pickup every 3 hours. Why on earth would ANYONE want this garbage information? I do not like this change at all.. please go back to scouting resources from the assigned village. Thank you

• Hey el che,
    it has always been like that in Travian Kingdoms, but I'll add your feedback to our weekly report for the devs.

Kind regards,
    Georgi

Community Manager
    Travian Kingdoms International

• Thank you. Its not necessary to scout an oasis and view the tribute fund of the attached Kingdom. Its essentially the same as scouting an inactive attached to a kingdom and viewing its tribute funds. This is a huge change I was not yet aware of until now

• Eh. You can scout the crop consumption of a village by scouting an oasis attached to it? I didn't even know that was possible. Somebody please tell me this wasn't possible in T3. I don't think it SHOULD be possible either. You want to know the crop consumption of a village, scout the village...?

• Eh. You can scout the crop consumption of a village by scouting an oasis attached to it? I didn't even know that was possible. Somebody please tell me this wasn't possible in T3. I don't think it SHOULD be possible either. You want to know the crop consumption of a village, scout the village...?

If your target has more scouts than you then it's not always possible to scout the village. Especially if the target village was sent a range of fakes all sent to land at the same time. They would more than likely call reins with scouts to prevent a scouting. If you calculate the crop consumption and subtract any known offensive units you get a rough estimate of defensive units in the village which is very useful as an offensive operator.

Say you fake 10-12 villages in one operation. Do you think it would be possible to scout all 10-12 villages to see which were reinforcement hogs? This was a very useful trick as it wasn't widely utilized.

It was possible in T3 as well ;)
    An oasis always displayed 10% of the village resources (unless it has been raided the 10 minutes before the spy attack), since you could steal 10% of the resources by attacking the oasis. So you just had to take the difference between 2 scouts with a few seconds (most times like 10-20) gap and multiply it with 10. As el che said, this was usually done to scout especially off (hammer) villages with a lot of scouts. It didn't work quite as well in capitals, since you didn't know the upgrade of the farms.

kind regards,
    Fisaga

• If your target has more scouts than you then it's not always possible to scout the village.

Yes, obviously. So? :D

Especially if the target village was sent a range of fakes all sent to land at the same time. They would more than likely call reins with scouts to prevent a scouting. If you calculate the crop consumption and subtract any known offensive units you get a rough estimate of defensive units in the village which is very useful as an offensive operator.

If your scout gets through you'll have the information. If it doesn't, just send a raid with a reasonably small amount of troops that arrives when your fakes do (or at least that used to be possible, THAT was a trick that was widely underused). Or build enough scouts, then scout only the villages of interest, one or several at a time. Either way, a hack like this isn't something that should exist. It doesn't make sense. I scouted villages like that all the time to see troop crop consumption. But not oases. It makes no sense to be able to see the crop consumption from troops somewhere else than where you scouted.

- - - Updated - - -

@Fisaga: Really? Heh. Guess it shows that even in T3 I didn't bother with oases much at all.

• It was possible in T3 as well ;)
    An oasis always displayed 10% of the village resources (unless it has been raided the 10 minutes before the spy attack), since you could steal 10% of the resources by attacking the oasis. So you just had to take the difference between 2 scouts with a few seconds (most times like 10-20) gap and multiply it with 10. As el che said, this was usually done to scout especially off (hammer) villages with a lot of scouts. It didn't work quite as well in capitals, since you didn't know the upgrade of the farms.

kind regards,
    Fisaga

Why was this removed?

In T3 you could just send 1 scout, then log into any ally members account and view everything in the village. Now that has been fixed and needed to be but this is different.

• Why was this removed?

Hey el che,
    since Travian: Kingdoms is a new game, this and many other features aren't 'removed' but just 'not implemented at all/yet' :)

Best regards,
    Georgi

Community Manager
    Travian Kingdoms International

• Hey el che,
    since Travian: Kingdoms is a new game, this and many other features aren't 'removed' but just 'not implemented at all/yet' :)

Best regards,
    Georgi

Ok, thank you. I've just been playing as if it were travian 5. Also I made a spreadsheet to coordinate attacks just as gettertools does, minus the annoying alarm and ease of point and click. Just need to manually enter target coords and land times and the rest is done via formulas. I have yet to find anyone who wants to look at it though :(