Buildings take waaay too long to fully upgrade.

• I mean, really, really, long. It's nice that the lower levels are so short, but once your buildings hit level 13+, upgrade times - even with a Main Building at 20 - can take anywhere around 8 to 10 hours depending on the building.

This is a serious nerf to people simming, and forces people to put resources into troops of course, but people who do not use gold are put at a massive disadvantage here since gold users and abusers don't have to wait 5 days of non-stop upgrading to get their Main Building to level 20, amongst other things.<br><br>Not only has the time for building upgrades been significantly lengthened, but so too has the cost of upgrading the buildings.

I'd like to propose these changes to the Main Building:

1. The Main Building should not be able to be immediately completed using Gold, like Residence and Palace.
    2. The Main Building bonus at level 20 is 50% faster upgrades. Considering the increase in cost and time, this is not really worth it since you can upgrade a number of buildings in the time it takes to fully upgrade the Main Building. With this in mind, let's put more reason into upgrading the Main Building earlier by slightly buffing the upgrade boost.

Example: Level 20 main building, 50% upgrade time reduction, a Stable takes 11 hours to reach level 20 from 19. At 100% it would normally be 22 hours.
    If the Main Building's time reduction bonus was at 40%, this would come down to a respectable, and altogether more fair, 8 hours 48 minutes. This would put it more in line with upgrade times of T4.4 and earlier, and it will feel even more beneficial to actually use your time raising the Main Building if you don't plan on using Gold to complete other structures immediately, or don't have Gold to use.

What are your thoughts on this?

• Hi,

to be honest, I can't really see, where you are coming from. A stable from 0 to 20 needs a total of 146:00:35 in TK and 120:10:40 in T4 with Main building lvl 1. So this takes a little longer in TK, you are right on this.
    But on the other hand, updrading resource tiles got much faster. E.g. a woodcutter from 1-15 needs 138:36:15 in TK and 315:02:20 in T4, that's more than double the amount of time.
    For normal villages (non capitals) it is almost the same: 28:11:15 for TK and 29:00:20 for T4 (same for all other resource tiles).
    So I can't really see, why you are talking about a serious nerf for simmers, since simmers won't even need a stable lvl 20, if they don't intend to train units anyway. If they build it for population (which is ofc fine as well) building time does not matter that much in a pop race (culture points are more important here).

kind regards,
    Fisaga

• Simming doesn't mean you don't build troops, it just means you don't attack much (if at all).

Yes, this is what I was getting at. Sorry for the confusion.

@ Fisaga:

I was also only using Stable as an example of how the time will be reduced if the MB bonus was 60% faster instead of the current 50%. The example would be the same kind of thing if I had used the Residence as an example of building time.

And on that note, a level 20 Residence upgrade takes 12 hours and 35 minutes to complete, with the MB bonus at 50%. Ouch.

With regards to your counter-argument that fields take far less time to reach level 15: That's very nice indeed, but only one village will be able to take advantage of level 15 fields, as I'm sure you know already. In the meantime, every other village will be going for those level 20 buildings, whether it's troop training-related, or the Residence, Town Hall, Warehouse, Granary, etc...

Add it all up, and that's a lot of time just sitting around, waiting for things to finish. Impatient players will end up using a lot more gold to finish their buildings, and because every village suffers the same fate of long building upgrade times, that's essentially a boatload of Gold being spent gaining a distinct advantage, while non-Gold users are punished for their patience.

But I suppose the increased usage of Gold is what the top guys at Travian want.

• I haven't really noticed the massive change in build times...here is my argument:

Longer build times really only punish the 'absolute zero' gold player. If you even just put on a tiny bit of gold and purchase a master builder slot then this won't really bother you, as you will get an extra (overnight) build slot for the entire server. Once you get these running then towns build really fast. If you get 2 slots (100 gold), then you will be building like crazy. This will cost you about $5. You cannot even get a Big Mac for this these days (not where I live). So, if it is so painful, then eat 1 less Big Mac and chuck on 2x masterbuilder slots and problem solved.

OMG but Travian is just out to take our money!*(&!*( It's called capitalism. If you only gave then $5 for 1 year of add-free gaming, then I would challenge you to find a better deal that comes with the level of support they provide (most of the time) :D :D :D

• When you begin upgrading a level 19 building before going to sleep, it's still going to be upgrading when you wake up, with many hours still remaining on the clock before it's done. This renders the Master Builder slot pretty much redundant.

Master Builder slots are most useful in the earlier levels of a building's upgrade, particularly between 8-12, when you can have 5 levels of a single building completed overnight.

• Can you please give an example? I just looked through my account and I cannot find many buildings that will take "many more hours than I sleep" - unless you barely sleep. Most of them are about 10hrs at level 20 - including MB, academy and embassy - the big ones...warehouse is probably the most annoying one...but if you want level 18/19 fields then expect to be spending a lot of gold...

• I can give a few examples, since the upgrade times are on the wiki, MB level 20:

Barracks over 10 hours, Main Building over 18 hours, Stable over 11 hours, Workshop over 13 hours - just to name a few that will be hitting 20. That's just the final level too, not including the time it takes to actually get these buildings up to level 19 in the first place. It's a real drag.

• MB 18hrs needs to be discounted by 52% as this will be built by level 19 MB, which makes things 52% faster. MB 20 takes only 9hrs -no change from previous versions basically.

The rest, you only need to build once or twice on an account - they have always taken pretty much this long to upgrade. The higher levels are just being made a bit longer now because level 1-5 or whatever are so much faster now.

• The change in build times is perfect on this way, resources tiles are more fast, and the high tiles of village are not problem with master builder or gold.

• MB 18hrs needs to be discounted by 52% as this will be built by level 19 MB, which makes things 52% faster. MB 20 takes only 9hrs -no change from previous versions basically.

The rest, you only need to build once or twice on an account - they have always taken pretty much this long to upgrade. The higher levels are just being made a bit longer now because level 1-5 or whatever are so much faster now.

48% faster* But you're right, I didn't know the Main Building's bonus also affected its own upgrade times.

As for total upgrade times though, nearly every building upgrade time has been increased across the board from Travian 4.x, as well as the upgrade costs. But let's not get into the increased upgrade costs in a topic about upgrade times.

I would bring up some examples, but the official TK wiki doesn't go into total training time with different MB levels, etc. unlike the (unofficial) Travian wiki does with T4.4 buildings.

• Yes, the buildings all take longer to build and are more expensive.

But, the fields are all faster and troops are cheaper. Personally, I like this balance in the favour of anti-sim and building armies and do not think it should be changed.