A female unit?

• Imagine for a moment a female troop unit for each tribe in Travian. Their attack and defence low, but their speed and carry capacity very high. They would be very cheap to produce, and would accompany raiders on attacks to carry larger loads.
    Alternatively, they could be a form (or a replacement) for scouts.
    Additionally, because they are female and Travian seems to be overwhelmed by male characters, the female troops would produce an increase in culture points and loyalty.

What do you think? Also, name suggestions?

• And let's be really creative and make female units have a cycle, where they can fight on day 1 and 2 after being trained, have their speed and capacity drop on day 4, 5 and 6, have them be incapable of doing any fighting at all (not even defending) on day 7 and 8 only to let you gain 1 population on the 9th (because of reasons..). Then on day 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 they gain some amount of speed and capacity back each day until their speed and capacity is fully restored, only to have this cycle repeat again.

Also, each day during a "period" of 6 hours let them rage. What this means is that if you send them to any location, they'll do whatever they want no matter if you send them as reinforcement or raid or whatever. They randomly choose what they do during this "period". If enough of the females (say 1/4th of the total amount of females you have) gets into this rage-mode at the same time, they'll accidentally kill 1-5 troops. If like 1/2 of all the female troops go into this rage-mode one of your buildings will drop a level because they've decided to smash it to bits and in the case of a city 1/6 of those 1/2 raging females will drown in the Water Trench because they got into a fight with other raging females.

And to top it all off, why not make an incoming attack of females be colored pink in the Rally Point?

• And let's be really creative and make female units have a cycle, where they can fight on day 1 and 2 after being trained, have their speed and capacity drop on day 4, 5 and 6, have them be incapable of doing any fighting at all (not even defending) on day 7 and 8 only to let you gain 1 population on the 9th (because of reasons..). Then on day 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 they gain some amount of speed and capacity back each day until their speed and capacity is fully restored, only to have this cycle repeat again.

Also, each day during a "period" of 6 hours let them rage. What this means is that if you send them to any location, they'll do whatever they want no matter if you send them as reinforcement or raid or whatever. They randomly choose what they do during this "period". If enough of the females (say 1/4th of the total amount of females you have) gets into this rage-mode at the same time, they'll accidentally kill 1-5 troops. If like 1/2 of all the female troops go into this rage-mode one of your buildings will drop a level because they've decided to smash it to bits and in the case of a city 1/6 of those 1/2 raging females will drown in the Water Trench because they got into a fight with other raging females.

And to top it all off, why not make an incoming attack of females be colored pink in the Rally Point?

Sexism is best received from a person who places the word 'period' in quotation marks ;) ;)

This is the most brilliant post Ive seen on the forums to date. You deserve a medal.

• Realistically though, new "female" units could offer some village/troop utility, where they tend to the cavalry, soldiers, village and fields in some way or another.

Maybe a brothel to raise the army's esteem.

• @ Railgunz

Virtual prostitutes?

Just how desperately lonely are you?!?

Still, a thread like this gives great insight and confirms that being viewed as non-threatening is a distinct advantage :-)

• Obviously, few here have known a female soldier or seen one in action. Some of the best and most reliable team players I have known in this game are female. Some of the most dangerous people I have known in real life were women.

http://ancienthistory.about.co…p/030110WomenWarriors.htm will give you some idea how far back in history women have taken up arms and fought alongside (and against) men. It is an insult to all those women warriors and to all females who presently serve in combat roles in the armed forces of many nations to assume they are fit for no more than the roles which have been made stereotypical female roles by us men.

Wake up guys, women can fight, and history has proven those stereotypes dead wrong.

• "For the female of the species is more deadly than the male." Rudyard Kippling 1911

Hi DH, odd, but i woke up this morning thinking of this thread and it's implications and then remembered that this is a world wild audience. Thank you for your voice. Thank you so very much.

No more jokes from me, deflection isn't enough. If this thread were speaking of any ethnic group it would never have gotten this far or taken so lightly.

The degradation of women results in human trafficking, prostitution (the so called victimless crime) rape, wage discrimination and a host of other malignancies that unravel civilizations.

"The Hand That Rocks the Cradle Is the Hand That Rules the World" William Ross Wallace

• This game is based on historical time frames and as it looks like there was not that many females that was in fights. But as it seems the only unit that will be a female is the hero you create.

-=Veteran in the Travian community=- If you need any help feel free to ask!

• This game is based on historical time frames and as it looks like there was not that many females that was in fights. But as it seems the only unit that will be a female is the hero you create.

Did you bother to click on the link I provided and read the brief accounts documenting some of the women warriors in history? There is a great deal of historical evidence indicating that throughout the early history of human civilization, women participated in war. Restricting them to the roles of nurses or other caregivers and homemakers was a modern turn of events, perpetrated by us males in a society in which we must have felt threatened by them. Heavy swords and armor are more suited to males who possess more physical strength and stature than the average female - but do not dismiss the woman who develops her body for those same characteristics.

Although I don't see the need to include specifically female troop units in the game, (who is to say none of the current units might not include both males and females?), I respect the potential of women to do anything they set out to do including taking up arms and fighting a medieval battle. Since you missed it, one example of women warriors were the Amazons, once thought to be myth, who most likely participated in the trojan war.

• Did you bother to click on the link I provided and read the brief accounts documenting some of the women warriors in history? There is a great deal of historical evidence indicating that throughout the early history of human civilization, women participated in war. Restricting them to the roles of nurses or other caregivers and homemakers was a modern turn of events, perpetrated by us males in a society in which we must have felt threatened by them. Heavy swords and armor are more suited to males who possess more physical strength and stature than the average female - but do not dismiss the woman who develops her body for those same characteristics.

Although I don't see the need to include specifically female troop units in the game, (who is to say none of the current units might not include both males and females?), I respect the potential of women to do anything they set out to do including taking up arms and fighting a medieval battle. Since you missed it, one example of women warriors were the Amazons, once thought to be myth, who most likely participated in the trojan war.

Since you did not bother to read my post I write it again

and as it looks like there was not that many females that was in fights

You took up one example. I am not an expert on this but if you look on any kind of war fight in any form there is almoste only men that is participating.

And I wrote not that many, did not say there was none. But if you have some more facts about this exept the link you gave us, feel free to leave a comment.
    I dont say that you are wrong, just interested to find out.

• You are, of course, right in the assumption that warriors have been predominantly male throughout history. A search will reveal other examples of women on the battlefield from history, however. Although even the internet seems slanted toward the stereotypical attitudes we have taken, you will find much which may well surprise you if you are indeed interested. In Medieval times, I doubt there were many attacks on cities in which the attackers did not meet resistance from female defenders who fought bravely and fiercely in defense of their families, their children, and themselves. (Considering the fates which awaited the defeated in those days, women had a lot of reason to fight.)

• You are, of course, right in the assumption that warriors have been predominantly male throughout history. A search will reveal other examples of women on the battlefield from history, however. Although even the internet seems slanted toward the stereotypical attitudes we have taken, you will find much which may well surprise you if you are indeed interested. In Medieval times, I doubt there were many attacks on cities in which the attackers did not meet resistance from female defenders who fought bravely and fiercely in defense of their families, their children, and themselves. (Considering the fates which awaited the defeated in those days, women had a lot of reason to fight.)

Indead, they had there reasons to fight, and would not be suprised if they even fight beter then some men :). But i see your point, no mmorts game out there that i seen or played have ever had a girl in there troop unit. But we need to say like this that travian is a huge step on that when it comes to heroes. You can pick both male and female gender on your hero and that is most of the case not even an option.

• seeing in travian there is no ranged unit (can you really call catapult a unit btw?) in might be great if they include a female archer, low defense against infantry, no defense against cavalry 30-40 attack point, and very cheap build and fast, movement around 7 or 8
    the difference between tribe will be special ability these women have, maybe for gaul, ignore trapper and wall defense bonus (water ditch included), for roman better attack power more expensive, for teuton its own cranny dip, slower movement, lower carry capacity,
    the attack like scouting, so archer only, they are counted as infantry and only take half of all melee infantry defense point, and take twice damage from defending archer

• seeing in travian there is no ranged unit (can you really call catapult a unit btw?) in might be great if they include a female archer, low defense against infantry, no defense against cavalry 30-40 attack point, and very cheap build and fast, movement around 7 or 8
    the difference between tribe will be special ability these women have, maybe for gaul, ignore trapper and wall defense bonus (water ditch included), for roman better attack power more expensive, for teuton its own cranny dip, slower movement, lower carry capacity,
    the attack like scouting, so archer only, they are counted as infantry and only take half of all melee infantry defense point, and take twice damage from defending archer

Catapult is ofc a unit, since the catapult is just a tool that have a unit behind it.