Adding more to "Mark a Field"

• I'm fairly a new player to Kingdoms of Travian, I do have a general understanding of many things but farm list isn't one them. The idea of having a kingdom is great, but sometimes attacking people around you can be hassle to choose from and could be a "race" of who gets there first. Yah sure you can communicate with your alliance/friendlies around you via Instant Message in game, but I got the idea of adding more to the feature of "Mark a Field".

First off, I love the idea of marking a field, it's amazing and its very useful but it can also be developed quiet further. Adding options such as a "Farm List" box could be interesting and you can select who can see them like that members from your alliance, kingdom or even secret society could help you out or just not disturb you because you already plan to attack X person.

Second thing would be adding the ability to show you mark fields for secret society. They are supposed to be secret but they have to have a purpose other than being able to chat with each other and compare statistics.

I've photoshopped a quick idea on how it would look: http://i.imgur.com/VF5aGx0.png ; adding the "secret societies" option which would have to change the features to be multi-toggle-able (meaning you can either toggle alliance/secret society, or me/secret society)
    Also, now I understand you can join multiple societies, so maybe having a "drop down" box where you can select which society you want to show.

Now obviously my "design" is very poor, but I can design a better one if you guys want a better idea on how it would look.

tl;dr Add more features to "Mark a Field", Allow us to mark farming fields and be able to show alliance/kingdom and integrate Secret Societies to have their own designated "box" where you can mark fields for each other to discuss about.

• I get the impression you are suggesting that we should be able to "claim" a farm and other team mates leave it alone. In the past, game etiquette dictated that whoever cleared a farm should have a few days to farm it so as to recoup losses - but after that, everyone shared the farms. I can't see any other way for it to work, so marking a farm might cause more problems than it would be worth.

• Claiming farms isn't a good idea ever.

I agree with Daniel that the clearer should have some "free play" on a farm, but once some time has passed others will attack a new farm as well. Claiming it (as in letting players you are allied with NOT attack village X) only means that you are allowing the opponents to take resources that could have belonged to your alliance/SS/Kingdom/etc. if you hadn't claimed it.

I like your other idea of having more options to mark a field (like for an SS or even your Kingdom on top of your alliance).

• I get the impression you are suggesting that we should be able to "claim" a farm and other team mates leave it alone. In the past, game etiquette dictated that whoever cleared a farm should have a few days to farm it so as to recoup losses - but after that, everyone shared the farms. I can't see any other way for it to work, so marking a farm might cause more problems than it would be worth.

Claiming farms isn't a good idea ever.

I agree with Daniel that the clearer should have some "free play" on a farm, but once some time has passed others will attack a new farm as well. Claiming it (as in letting players you are allied with NOT attack village X) only means that you are allowing the opponents to take resources that could have belonged to your alliance/SS/Kingdom/etc. if you hadn't claimed it.

I like your other idea of having more options to mark a field (like for an SS or even your Kingdom on top of your alliance).

Fair enough, I can't argue that it might cause problems, but the main point of my thread still stands. That is without "farm list feature", I would like to see Marking fields more adjustable and developed a bit further.

• Fair enough, I can't argue that it might cause problems, but the main point of my thread still stands. That is without "farm list feature", I would like to see Marking fields more adjustable and developed a bit further.

Please continue to share your ideas here. This forum is meant to be for discussion, so don't take offense if some of us happen to be in disagreement with or take issue with something you suggest. I understand that you are fairly new to the game, but your ideas have as much merit, for purposes of discussion, as anyone else's.

I did not say so before, but more options for marking fields and sharing those markings with kingdom, SS, Alliance, or even specific players would not be a bad idea. It was only the claiming of farms I objected to, as experience has taught me that is not practicable. Any team should have policies governing the initial farming of a village by the player who cleared it - but after those first few days of heavy farming to recover from troop losses clearing, a farm must be fair game for everyone - else you would, as Gianus said, have enemies collecting resources anyway when they would be better shared among the team.

• Please continue to share your ideas here. This forum is meant to be for discussion, so don't take offense if some of us happen to be in disagreement with or take issue with something you suggest. I understand that you are fairly new to the game, but your ideas have as much merit, for purposes of discussion, as anyone else's.

I did not say so before, but more options for marking fields and sharing those markings with kingdom, SS, Alliance, or even specific players would not be a bad idea. It was only the claiming of farms I objected to, as experience has taught me that is not practicable. Any team should have policies governing the initial farming of a village by the player who cleared it - but after those first few days of heavy farming to recover from troop losses clearing, a farm must be fair game for everyone - else you would, as Gianus said, have enemies collecting resources anyway when they would be better shared among the team.

I completely understand! Thank you for your kind post! I wasn't taking offense :P
    Just agreeing with your reason behind now allowing the "farming" idea, just had an idea and sometimes when people have ideas they aren't well thought out :) Thanks again for your post!

• Adding to this thread...

I would like to bring this topic up again. We are starting a new server and our SS is already pretty big. In big kingdoms when they first start out, I've seen friendly fire time and time again. Often new players bear the brunt of this, but it is frustrating for everyone on the team. One thing that would be a huge help would be to add extra functionality to the Mark Field tab/window. It would be awesome if there could be an option there for marking all the members of an SS in a particular color. It would be fine to just use the same color palate as the other markers. The one difference I'd ask for is that only 'me' can see it, and don't allow for others to see SS field marks. After all, it should remain secret.

But the way it is currently set up, it is too much of a secret. One has to look through 20 pages of the SS register to see if a player is with the team or not. Either do that, or take the time to mark every single player in the SS every 2 days and be constantly checking to see if a new player has joined the SS; which is tedious and not at all practical. I believe adding this feature will encourage new players to keep playing by avoiding costly friendly fire at the beginning of servers. Keeping new players in the game is a win for you as that will mean more players purchasing gold.

Thanks for taking into consideration