2 suggestions: open new tab and incoming attacks on alliance

• Hello,

I have 2 suggestions:
    The first being: can we please please please please open new tabs again...
    If I want to manually send troops (scouts for example) to villages in the farm list, I have to send the troops, then go back to the rally point, click on farmlist, click on the list you want, then maybe sort it. And then remember where you were on the farm list. Instead of T4 its just CTRL+CLICK 50 times and you're good to go.
    Random question: when is the performance of TK going to be better? I have a pretty good gaming pc (witcher 3 on 25 fps on ultra) and my internet is 1Gb/1Gb down/up and still firefox can't handle TK.

Second suggestion:
    (This is about incoming attacks in the kingdom/alliance tab)

https://gyazo.com/c6e49c23ea0ad422027960e76450d915
    Can you please change the incoming attacks? Now you see every attack on villages within your kingdom. Even those that are not in your alliance.
    I don't care about villages that are not in my alliance and it should be removed.
    Also: robber camps could also possibly be removed from the incoming attacks?
    It's annoying that the incoming attacks get flooded by info that doesn't help anyone.

• TK should be fine on Firefox. Can you tell me more about it? Does it start to slow down after a while or is it even without doing anything? Where exactly do you feel that the game is slow?
    And what is your name on what server?

• Refalgus, kings do care about attacks on non alliance villages inside their kingdoms, as it warns them to collect tributes before the attacks. You can turn it off by unchecking the Show attacks box. One option to keep everyone happy could be a separate section with non alliance villages inside kingdoms box that can be checked if wanted. Maybe robber attacks could be shown by a gray rather than red sword, just like on the map. As for the multiple tabs, yes please!

• TK should be fine on Firefox. Can you tell me more about it? Does it start to slow down after a while or is it even without doing anything? Where exactly do you feel that the game is slow?
    And what is your name on what server?

It works, but every few seconds there apears to be a "lagspike" in which you can't do anything. It only does this for about 0.5 sec every 5-10 sec or so. But it's very very very annoying. And it becomes increasingly worse if you open multiple tabs. It doesn't really matter which browser I use anyway. The game is just very heavy because it loads a lot of this constantly.
    For my pc specs:
    Intel I7-4790
    12 GB ram
    Radeon HD 7800 series (x2 crossfire)
    1 Gbit/s down and upload

Currently FF is using between 1-5% of my CPU and 700 MB of ram. Which is a lot for a browser game.
    I don't have any heavy addons on, just one that helps me select multiple checkboxes.
    No other tabs open.

It should easily run everything I put on it except for the most heavy games (e.g. Witcher 3).
    Name and server is in your pm.

Refalgus, kings do care about attacks on non alliance villages inside their kingdoms, as it warns them to collect tributes before the attacks. You can turn it off by unchecking the Show attacks box. One option to keep everyone happy could be a separate section with non alliance villages inside kingdoms box that can be checked if wanted. Maybe robber attacks could be shown by a gray rather than red sword, just like on the map. As for the multiple tabs, yes please!

That is true, but governos shouldn't care about attacks on non-alliance villages. It's just annoying that when I farm inactives (that haven't turned grey yet), some random governor sends def to the villages, even if it's not in the same alliance.
    Also with your reasoning, why are grey villages not showing up then?
    Either show every village or show none, grey doesn't matter for tribute collecting?

Your suggestion for seperate sections of attacks is nice.

My point more is: the attack shows up under " alliance" while it isn't at all in the same alliance!
    It's just a wrong tooltip and governors lose troops for nothing.

• It works, but every few seconds there apears to be a "lagspike" in which you can't do anything. It only does this for about 0.5 sec every 5-10 sec or so. But it's very very very annoying.

Currently FF is using between 1-5% of my CPU and 700 MB of ram. Which is a lot for a browser game.

These are just normal numbers for this game and I don't see a way to optimize that. But the game should run smoothly.
    But you are right, whenever something happens in the game (like troops are arriving somewhere) there are several calculations running (e.g. updating your rallypoint, updating the list on the right side of the screen, updating map markers and several other things). We always try to optimize those (there was a huge improvement on exactly this topic in the last update), but there are limits to this.

• For me :
    Intel i5-2450M
    1 GB RAM (why not? :P)
    Intel HD Graphics 3k
    10Mbit/s up and down
    Firefox

For that specs, i just suffer a little lag.

If i help you, click the like button on the post. I don't know what that for :|

• Hello,

I have 2 suggestions:
    The first being: can we please please please please open new tabs again...
    If I want to manually send troops (scouts for example) to villages in the farm list, I have to send the troops, then go back to the rally point, click on farmlist, click on the list you want, then maybe sort it. And then remember where you were on the farm list. Instead of T4 its just CTRL+CLICK 50 times and you're good to go.
    Random question: when is the performance of TK going to be better? I have a pretty good gaming pc (witcher 3 on 25 fps on ultra) and my internet is 1Gb/1Gb down/up and still firefox can't handle TK.

While it is possible to get multiple tabs open, the performance with multiple tabs of TK running is dramatically worse than just one tab. There is no way I would want to try more than two tabs at a time, even though I would fairly regularly open 30-40 tabs of T4 while looking for targets..

• It works, but every few seconds there apears to be a "lagspike" in which you can't do anything. It only does this for about 0.5 sec every 5-10 sec or so. But it's very very very annoying. And it becomes increasingly worse if you open multiple tabs. It doesn't really matter which browser I use anyway. The game is just very heavy because it loads a lot of this constantly.
    For my pc specs:
    Intel I7-4790
    12 GB ram
    Radeon HD 7800 series (x2 crossfire)
    100 Gbit/s down and upload

A lot is said about the performance of gaming pc's and all the gadgets inside them. There is nothing wrong with building one as many types of games demand them.

I have an off the shelf pc bought from a store and I am getting way better upload/download speeds then you are getting. I think this has more to do with your IP then anything. I use Chrome and the only time I have lag is after they do an update. It lasts for about 30 mins but after a few f5's everything is back to normal. When Kingdom first began I tried playing it in IE and Opera but with limited success. I have not used those browsers again to retest it cause I see no point since I am having a great time with Chrome. Better to not try and fix what is not broke.

Have you tried in Chrome yet to see if you have same issues or only FF?

• A lot is said about the performance of gaming pc's and all the gadgets inside them. There is nothing wrong with building one as many types of games demand them.

I have an off the shelf pc bought from a store and I am getting way better upload/download speeds then you are getting. I think this has more to do with your IP then anything. I use Chrome and the only time I have lag is after they do an update. It lasts for about 30 mins but after a few f5's everything is back to normal. When Kingdom first began I tried playing it in IE and Opera but with limited success. I have not used those browsers again to retest it cause I see no point since I am having a great time with Chrome. Better to not try and fix what is not broke.

Have you tried in Chrome yet to see if you have same issues or only FF?

Uhm, better up/download than me is almost impossible ... you sure your reading it right? I even mistyped.
    And your pc has (almost) nothing to do with your up/download. Except if your mobo is extremely old with a bad ethernet port.
    I meant 1 Gbit up/down.

1000 Mbit up/down

120 MB up/down?

Topping that is expensive and really really hard. Since I'm also quite close to the servers (I think, if they are stationed in germany) I shouldn't have that many problems, but I do have them.
    I'll try chrome... but chrome is a worse browser than firefox in terms of performance.

As I said, I got around 3000-4000 troop movements. And I think that is where the problem is. It doesn't matter in which village you are, you constantly see in the bottom right

https://gyazo.com/4914dd7fd8aa40f7912e69dbbac8e5d9

It's worse than in T4, since in T4. If you moved out of the village that had the troop movements, you had 0 problems.

While it is possible to get multiple tabs open, the performance with multiple tabs of TK running is dramatically worse than just one tab. There is no way I would want to try more than two tabs at a time, even though I would fairly regularly open 30-40 tabs of T4 while looking for targets..

Yeah, but the point is that I do want to open multiple tabs

These are just normal numbers for this game and I don't see a way to optimize that. But the game should run smoothly.
    But you are right, whenever something happens in the game (like troops are arriving somewhere) there are several calculations running (e.g. updating your rallypoint, updating the list on the right side of the screen, updating map markers and several other things). We always try to optimize those (there was a huge improvement on exactly this topic in the last update), but there are limits to this.

The problem (I think) is that you get the "message" wherever you are for every village. In T4 it was only bad when you were in the rally point in the village in question. For TK it's everywhere

• The easiest way to open multiple tabs when working on your farm list is to use an external site that gives you links. Generally a farmfinder listing will match your farm list pretty closely, so one window with your farm list, then a second window open next to it with the farm finder lets you do this (though it's not nearly as elegant as a simple control-tab).

However, I'd like to propose an idea to give us some of the multiple tab function without multiple browser tabs (and the overhead associated with that): Let us pin windows open. I would like pin the farm list (or other) window open, so that when I click on a village, it opens a second window in Travian. It already keeps the send troops window open when you open a different window, so why not let us keep a window of our choice open?

• Your upload/download speed is based on 3 things...

1, Your geographic location from the servers used.

2, Your IP's infrastructure

3, Your country allowing the higher speeds.

The net was invented in the US but has some of the slowest upload/download speeds based on 2 things. The infrastructure and the greed of the providers. many other countries have much higher speed as they have been learning from problems in US. Google is now helping to alleviate some of that problem by laying down new infrastructure to handle 1000+ in the US. Ireland actually is at the forefront of countries who are doing what it takes to get the best high speed they can for their people.

Even if the country allows high speed with no limitations then the providers in that country must have the infrastructure in place to deliver this to customers. If a country allows high speed but IP's can only handle dial up, then that is a problem. Once again a major problem in the states.

I used run my own gaming community(with my son) using servers based in England, France(ddos protection) and the USA for the SA-MP GTA/minecraft) games plus a couple teamspeak servers and my ping is never running over 115-120 and usually hangs out in the range of 70-90 range and I live across an ocean and still never encounter lag or problems and as you know those are FPS games.

So if you are in one of those lucky countries who now offer 1000+ then you are a very lucky person but my store bought right now is having no issues except after an update but then smooths over again.

As for topping your speed, when the US catches up we will have the same so no need to try and top you yet. ;)

So I am back to wondering why you are experiencing so much lag? Maybe just turn a ticket in to help center and at least have them take a look to make sure nothing is wrong with the account.

Peace out!!

• Uhm, yes I'm quite aware of that, that's why I said it's near impossible to top my current ping/down/up and that my internet is not the issue.

The problem (I think) is that my window gets update to often, with 3000+ movements. And every troop return or attack gives me an slight laggspike of 0.2-0.5

But it slows down my entire internet browser. On other tabs (for example this forum) I notice it as well.

• Try Chrome. I didn't like TK on Firefox at all and haven't used it since the first month or so of the closed beta.
    My TK tab is only pulling ~500K memory, and I've had it open for a few days. If I close it and restart my browser, it drops down to ~300 and slowly climbs higher.

And that's nothing, as I usually have a Shockwave game (running through Facebook) up which takes ~750K. And then a few other tabs each of which tend to run between 100 and 250k. None of them seem to get any lag from TK or the other game.

Though I'll admit I'm not raiding in the hardcore fashion you are - you've got my troop movements beat by ~5x, so there may be a breaking point in there somewhere that I haven't reached.