Regeneration Attribute

• Hey,

To target the large criticism of the abandoned full health regeneration at hero level up, which makes the hero more passive in the game, I thought of a way to make the hero heal faster without having to bring the before mentioned feature back. I get that the way things are now is to encourage players to buy regenerating equipment in the auctions, however, this is nearly impossible if you aren't a massive gold user. The update giving the hero a daily regeneration of 15 % instead of 10 % is great, and it has really made a difference, but I still think the hero is to inactive…

My idea to solve (or at least make this a bit better) is to add an attribute to the hero called "Regeneration". Like we can already improve "Fighting strength", "Attack bonus", "Defense bonus", and "Resources". The "Regeneration" attribute would e.g. add 0.1 % to the hero regeneration per day for each point put to this attribute. This would make it possible to increase the regeneration by a maximum of 10 % adding up to 25 % with the starting 15 %. You could either make this possible by attaining 5 points at level up or you could make it so you continue to gain points at level up until level 125.

What do you think?

• This is just my opinion but..
    The process of leveling is already fairly slow, especially in TK for Kings because they leave robber hideouts for their governors to hit and get exp/rewards off of to sell the treasures. Adding another Attribute would
    A) unbalance the point system (which would have to be revamped)
    B) change focus once putting attribute points in the early game

I enjoy your idea, but I'm sure you'll get the same response we all get once we want features to be implemented: "it won't happen for game play balancing reasons"
    I honestly like what they did by adding an extra 5 points to the daily regeneration, but honestly not the correct step forward.
    Adding has it's pros and cons with the market, decreasing value in Regeneration equipment, also increase strengths of those who have Leveled up a crazy amount already as well as have regeneration equipment. They have turn those heroes into juggernaut machines, while newer people are set drastically behind still.

Again they never address the problem of "balancing" I mentioned. Implementing huge features like these only put those who have abused the feature before hand far more ahead than others. If you do not reward those who are behind and that just started, then they basically got **cked. I guess it's kinda like "The rich get richer" = "The strong get stronger". By playing a time based game, every day counts, they honestly set a large amount of players behind, and set a larger amount of players ahead.

Anyways, that's just my opinion. To each their own.

• The hero originally had a Regen feature.
    Until T4, the hero gained 5 points each level, which was split among Attack, Defense (now combined into Strength), Off-bonus, Def-bonus and Regeneration.
    With T4, they "simplified" the hero and reduced the choices on level-up, while giving him more things to do.

Overall, I wouldn't mind getting rid of ointment altogether and bringing back the Regeneration feature.

• Just add 0.2 hp regeneration for each point in hero strength. 20 str + 0.2 hp for each point. 20 hp/day at 100 points, not too much.
    Anyway at mid and late game hero strength is preaty much useless cause of large amount of troops already in the game and 10k hero attack not really making any difference.

Sounds logical to me.

• Just add 0.2 hp regeneration for each point in hero strength. 20 str + 0.2 hp for each point. 20 hp/day at 100 points, not too much.
    Anyway at mid and late game hero strength is preaty much useless cause of large amount of troops already in the game and 10k hero attack not really making any difference.

Sounds logical to me.

This I like!

Problem with this is by the time you have the extra regen, you won't need it much.
    On COM2 I have a healing helmet and armor for whenever I want them, which give me a total of 57 points per day...and those armors never cost much, especially if you wait a bit. Healing 50%+ each day means I never have to worry about damage from adventures.

When you really need the extra regen is the first ~25 levels when your hero is still pretty weak and you need him to do a lot of stuff.

• I still think a reducing level healing system would work best, newer players get their hero healed, while people already playing don't get a huge benefit after a certain points
    Level 1-3 100 points
    Level 4-6 95 Points
    Level 7-9 90 Points
    Level 10-12 85 points
    Level 13-15 80 points
    Level 16-18 75 points
    Level 19-21 70 Points
    Level 22-24 65 Points
    Level 25-27 60 Points
    Level 28-30 55 Points
    Level 31-33 50 Points
    -----------------------------Maybe Stop here or just give 10-15 HP for leveling up

• If you go down by 10 HP you get this.
    Level 1-3 100 points
    Level 4-6 90 Points
    Level 7-9 80 Points
    Level 10-12 70points
    Level 13-15 60 points
    Level 16-18 40 points
    Level 19-21 30 Points
    Level 22-24 20 Points
    Level 25-27 10 Points

I just think for early game, new players getting some health back for the hero will help more.

• This is not a bad thing as I have used this type of system on my SA-MP servers. Stronger players health was given a lower boost while newer, weaker players always got full health. During the life of the server I could always go back in and tweak the code if health generation began to favor one or the other.

• I just think for early game, new players getting some health back for the hero will help more.

I'm not disagreeing with you on that.
    I just think the amount you were giving back was too high.
    I think 100% for the first few levels, then like 75% from 10-15, 50% from 15-25 and maybe a steady 25% from level 25-50 would be fair.
    After that, maybe a 10% health bonus for each level, though I'd be fine with no bonus at all.

I went through almost the entirety of COM2 with full healing on level-up and I think I only ever used ointment a few times at levels 1-5... which was also when I didn't have a king or robbers to help me level up. Once I got to robbers again I was basically leveling each day and never needed to rest. IMO, that is a broken system. It should take the hero some time (or ointment) to do that much fighting continuously.

• COM2 was different, though I don't know why. The hero was never an issue until this test server.

The hero was much more difficult to keep alive for the first handful of levels in Test, but then I got some solid advice on how to keep her alive, and it was challenging but do-able.

It feels like the balance shifted too far in the opposite direction since the upgrade, but I can't accurately tell because the timing was such that I was on solid footing with health shortly before the upgrade took effect. The combination of a higher level hero, mastering the tips/trick and the upgrade all happened around the same time-which was level 10 for my hero.

I find that I enjoyed the more challenging hero levels once I knew how to do it, but those first 5 levels were killer - literally. I wonder how it's worked out for those who started after the upgrade, if they were even aware that it had recently been a hot topic issue.

• Well the full heal upon level up can be way too strong as it can swing the other way too. Problem is you want to say attack oases, do adventures and attack/defend players.
    Before the level up healing was removed, all i had to do was time the level up properly to get fully healed when on minimal hp. I do remember i used my oinments pretty much only when i sent the hero to be hero and raid like dozen of oases to get some space for the king.

That heal (on level up) supports aggresive play on low levels and we dont need that. Not that you cant do that, just it doesnt need additional support via hero as its very high value unit in those times. To be honest the adventure lowered damage output for some levels were way to go, and it could slowly dissipate, same way you guys are suggesting heal up. So for lvl 1-X to have say 80% damage mitigation from adventure, full damage on attacks/defends, oases are figured by clever use of cages and generation formula so full damage on them too, from X-Y 60% damage ... and so on. Numbers are of course just numbers to be tweaked.

• IMO, rather than adding regeneration attribute, or getting the regeneration per level up in any form or quantity, they better lower either revival cost, or revival duration,
    the problem is in travian player mind hero is something that must not die, especially in early game, if they rescale the cost and duration so it become beginner friendly, then regeneration problem will be no more, people can choose between buying ointment or paying resources,
    with how the system works right now, player doesn't have any choice but keep their hero alive, even though the hero will be a sitting duck that produce resources