attack scheduling

• hey there

since defense had more advantages than attack in TK even after the patch 0.38 by reducing the offensive troops cost

an idea came to my mind
    in the system of the game the milliseconds is count
    that make scheduling attack on some one very hard in the same millisecond
    so in TK eliminating the milliseconds will sound good feature to support attacking features
    the attackers can schedule their attacks in the same seconds and they do not worry about the milliseconds

regards
    Mentalist

Red John
    Customer Service Representative & Community Manager
    Travian Kingdoms AE

• The game doesn't track milliseconds.
    Troops land in the order they were sent.

So if you are attacking from 8 hrs away, 5.5 hrs and 4 hrs, all to land at the same second, they will always land in the order sent.
    Same goes for defense -- if I make the call for help after seeing your 8hr attack to land at the same second as your attacks, and someone sends defense on a 6-hr journey, that defense will arrive before your second and third attacks do, but not before the 8-hr attack does.

• The game doesn't track milliseconds.
    Troops land in the order they were sent.

So if you are attacking from 8 hrs away, 5.5 hrs and 4 hrs, all to land at the same second, they will always land in the order sent.
    Same goes for defense -- if I make the call for help after seeing your 8hr attack to land at the same second as your attacks, and someone sends defense on a 6-hr journey, that defense will arrive before your second and third attacks do, but not before the 8-hr attack does.

i am not a noop WonkaMonster
    ofc the milliseconds is counting but it didn't appear to us in the rally point ok
    because if you send two attacks
    let say the first land in 4 hours
    and the second land in 3 hours send it after one hour from the first
    the two attacks land at the same second but usually not as same moment because one of the attacks will land before the other attack
    i already had try that hundreds times in different servers even in TK i try it
    but always the percent of success in landing at the exact time is just depend on luck

regards

Red John
    Travian Kingdoms AE

• ofc the milliseconds is counting but it didn't appear to us in the rally point ok

I just explained exactly how the system works:
    FIFO.
    First In, First Out.
    No need for milliseconds, just a queue.

because if you send two attacks
    let say the first land in 4 hours
    and the second land in 3 hours send it after one hour from the first
    the two attacks land at the same second but usually not as same moment because one of the attacks will land before the other attack

Right. The one you send from 4 hours out will ALWAYS land before the one you sent from 3 hours out (when landing at the same second).
    Always.
    If there were microseconds being counted you could switch that order approximately 50% of the time.
    That doesn't happen. FIFO happens.

You will never, ever, get two events to happen simultaneously in Travian. There is always an order and it is determined by which action was taken first. It has to happen that way, else how would you set up the battle for defense to fight both attacks at the same time?

• It has to happen that way, else how would you set up the battle for defense to fight both attacks at the same time?

exactly that is what i meant by my suggestion
    if the defenders already got tons of reinforce deff troops in his village
    why not set up the battle for him to fight the both attacks at the same time
    that exactly the feature i (we) want it in the game
    please forward this post to the programmer team or creativity team or what ever
    and you (the company) can do survey on that big change in the game before starting to program it in the game
    if the players want it you can start program it, seems like some kind of democracy

update :
    the fight strength of both attackers together (sum) against the fight strength of the defender

regards

Red John
    Travian Kingdoms AE

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Mentalist: update ().

• This will never happen.
    Allowing multiple offense to fight against the defense at the same time would give a massive advantage to offensive players.

You could specialize your villages to produce rams in 1, cats in another, and then build your infantry and cavalry in several more.
    We'd see the effective size of hammers triple.
    Hitting with 10k cats and 15k rams would be a normal thing, rather than 2 different very powerful hammers.

• exactly that is what i meant by my suggestion
    if the defenders already got tons of reinforce deff troops in his village
    why not set up the battle for him to fight the both attacks at the same time

That's a horrible idea, you'd lose the benefits of trailing cat waves landing in the same second as the clear.

You could specialize your villages to produce rams in 1, cats in another, and then build your infantry and cavalry in several more.
    We'd see the effective size of hammers triple.
    Hitting with 10k cats and 15k rams would be a normal thing, rather than 2 different very powerful hammers.

We are about to see something very similar to this situation on the Birthday servers that start next week in Travian Legends. They are going to include the ability to change the home village of troops (though no World Wonders to use massive siege against).

• We are about to see something very similar to this situation on the Birthday servers that start next week in Travian Legends. They are going to include the ability to change the home village of troops (though no World Wonders to use massive siege against).

:eek:
    Seriously?
    That will be a crazy server!

• Always, even if the troops land in the same second, those which were sent first will land first, as WM said. It does not matter whether offense or defense. This is the only way for it to work for several reasons. Timing is not measured in units smaller than seconds - but with one player 1 hour away from a target and another 12 hours away attacking or defending, the event system will register which was launched first and it is that one which will land first.

Okay, with 4 incoming attacking waves - two landing at 12:00:00 and two landing at 12:00:01, any defenders which arrive no later that 11:59:59 will defend the village. Any defenders which land at the same second as the attack at 12:00:00 will not have arrived in time for the first two waves, but will catch the second two. (we called this cutting waves).

Attackers will also land in the order in which they were launched, if timed to same second. It is unreasonable to expect a defender to face the strength of multiple armies with whatever defense was mustered. Otherwise, if five 20k armies were all launched to land same second, the defender would be facing the same attack strength as a single 100k army, and early server, no one could defend against that.

In my opinion, the event system works just fine as it is.

• We are about to see something very similar to this situation on the Birthday servers that start next week in Travian Legends. They are going to include the ability to change the home village of troops (though no World Wonders to use massive siege against).

yeah that will be very interesting thing
    especially with that area thing and the artifacts
    similar to EU but with some new features
    will be nice

Red John
    Travian Kingdoms AE

• I don't know, I doubt it. T4 might have more wars than TK, but not many. Why would there suddenly be more wars in this special T4 version? The concepts do sound interesting, but there's only VP, no direct reward for fighting - just for simming in an area. So, what would you wager would the dominant strategy be? Metas...

Maybe I'm wrong. At least since it's T4 not all the anti-fighting restrictions are in place. Perhaps playing this birthday special is better than playing a TK version. (Can't believe I'm actually rooting for a T4 version, holy crap).

• Never mind - I've been told T4, including the PTS test server (and therefore this birthday special) is just as full of bots and scripters as T3 was in the end. Don't think I'll bother then.

• Never mind - I've been told T4, including the PTS test server (and therefore this birthday special) is just as full of bots and scripters as T3 was in the end. Don't think I'll bother then.

that exactly why i quit T4 because of bots and scripts
    i just pray to not infect TK

Red John
    Travian Kingdoms AE