Stealing Victory Points? Help META's more!?!?

• This is such .... bullcrap. It hurts alliances that are small way more than it hurts meta's. Since META's have way more defence to defend their top 3 kings.
    Why WHY are you doing this!??

• This is such .... bullcrap. It hurts alliances that are small way more than it hurts meta's. Since META's have way more defence to defend their top 3 kings.

Please explain how this hurts smaller alliances?

It gives them a chance to steal VP.
    And the chance to treasure is the same as always.

Why WHY are you doing this!??

how it help METAs they always in top alliance in VPs
    vise versa it helps small alliance to steal VPs from top alliances in VPs which are always METAs alliances
    i can't get your point
    can you please explain further your point of view ??!!!

regards

Red John
    Customer Service Representative & Community Manager
    Travian Kingdoms AE

• Hmm, I guess as always the jury will be out on this until an endgame is played through, on paper it looks like the #1 Alliance will have to protect their treasuries more, a bit like guarding artefacts in the good old days.

The recently finished COM2 saw United stealing a large number of treasures from xTools but still losing (no need to go over that again), maybe this new mechanic would have tipped the balance in their favour?

But there's also other gems in the update ... .. .

'The graphic for cages in the hero inventory will be replaced.'

This is possibly the best news I've seen since the Smithy got chimney smoke, honestly it's fantastic that anyone who buys gold contributes to a new cage design, would the player or players who sent in a bug report about the existing cages not looking like cages please pm me, you deserve a medal :)

• I guess he means that if smaller alliances would somehow end up in top for a while, they wouldn't be able to defend themselves as well as the metas would since metas have more defence through being bigger.

• Makes the game more fun and prompts others to be more aggressive and bigger alliances to be more defensive. I like it, brings a bit more strategy back to the game. Hopefully they'll reintroduce artifacts.

• I've been ruminating on this for a while, as with all games an alliance will seek the best advantage from any mechanic, this could actually swing it to the meta's as the OP first raised.

With a three King limit they will no doubt have supporting alliances (vis-a-vis COM2, xTools.1 thru xTools.99), their weekly Treasure raid which all supporting alliances have to submit to will net them 50 points each for the greater good, their supporting minions will provide the defence, hmmm.

• Maybe I read it wrong, but taking the xTools example, they were ranked #1, when they raid all their meta wings weekly for treasures, will they not gain 50 VP per treasure and meet no defence?

edit : Yes you can lose 50 VP per treasure if successfully attacked, but a meta will have much more scope to collect treasures unopposed, as I read it.

• To ellaborate a bit:

You are a Meta, 1 alliance has the most VP, gets free treasures from his wings + the wings defend only the main alliance dukes/kings.

You are not a Meta, you need to fight for every treasure you want. You need to defend the dukes/kings by yourself.
    If you for some reason become the #1 ally. Have fun defending...

• The #1 alliance in terms of VP doesn't gain VP when they take treasures from somebody. They do lose 50 when they get attacked, and the one who attacked the #1 gains 50 points. You can only gain VP when you :

1. Attack the nr 1 alliance (the attacker gets 50, the nr 1 loses 50)
    2. Attack a higher ranked alliance (the attacker gets 10, the defender loses 10)

So the nr1 itself has no way of gaining VP through treasure stealing.

Refalgus' scenario is impossible. :) As a meta which gets free treasures from its friendly wings, you will ALWAYS outgrow the treasures that anybody is ever gaining through fighting. Besides: As far as defending is concerned, you only need to lose enough points to be just behind the meta. Once you lose nr 1 position and regain the nr 2 position, the meta can't win VP from you. Lower ranked alliances could of course. The meta could attack you anyway, VP stealing or not, so I don't view this as a problem. Also, I view it as highly unlikely that any smaller alliance has a real chance at winning the current endgame anyway. It's just not what they should be trying to play for.

• Either you read it wrong or I did, broken_digit. You get 50 VP per stolen treasure if stealing from #1 alliance, but #1 alliance gets no VPs from the raiding of treasures from their wings. xTools' practice that you mentioned, or I believe SAMURAI's (Mafia style?) alleged practice of offering protection in exchange for treasures won't gain them any VPs if taking from smaller alliances. No doubt metas will find a way around the developers' efforts to discourage large metas.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KUU ().

• My point is, if a smaller alliance gets ahead of a Meta.

Meta attacks. 1 attack goes through: steals 4k treasures = 200k VP and the Meta is n1 again.

I simply mean that it's already hard for a smaller alliance to defend. And now they will get punished harder if they let one attack go through from a smaller alliance.

Also:
    Wings can steal VP from other alliances. In effect, using your wings to steal the treasures and then steal the treasures from them (as main alliance)

New tactic: main alliance = pure defensive.
    Wings: offensive to steal the treasures from other main alliances.
    WOOHOO **** METAS

• That's true, good point about the wings actually. Not sure if in practice I've ever actually seen a wing worth a ****, especially offensive-wise, but theoretically you're definitely right that this could work in meta's favor. I don't think it matters that much though, as I said there's no way a smaller alliance would be ahead of a meta in terms of VP for long in any way. With or without this update. Meta's are, right now, simply the only way to play if you want to win the endgame.

• Maybe if an alliance holds more than one WW then the bonus points from VPs could be reduced for them? Maybe alliances could be restricted to holding only one WW? Seven single wing alliances fighting for supremacy would be much more fun than what has been happening.

• From the #1 alliance (victory points)

• +50 victory points per gained treasure for the alliance of the attacker

As I read it if the #1 alliance attacks and wins treasures from it's wings it's 50 VP per treasure to the main wing of the meta. and meets no defence,

This thread has been running for some time I am sure someone from Travian Towers will clarify the mechanics soon, I also saw two crows flying backwards this morning :)

• It's from, not for the #1 alliance

• You are a Meta, 1 alliance has the most VP, gets free treasures from his wings + the wings defend only the main alliance dukes/kings.

You are not a Meta, you need to fight for every treasure you want. You need to defend the dukes/kings by yourself.
    If you for some reason become the #1 ally. Have fun defending...

^this is what happens already anyway. Why have you suddenly decided this is unfair?
    At least now, you can do a few ops later in the game (say...when a WW is at 90+), and steal a ton of treasure and VP from the top alliance. Suddenly they go from being way ahead to maybe not in first. Otherwise, once an alliance is ahead they're ahead and it will take a mountain of treasure stealing PLUS a lot of time to catch up.

As for your scenario of when a smaller alliance ends up in first... well, let's worry about that in TK v5.3 when enough changes have occurred to make this a possibility.

Finally, maybe you've never been in a META, but 80-90% of the people in there are simming/ hiding. They barely have troops and rarely answer defense calls. Leadership in most METAs worry about the top wing and maybe 1 more. The other 2 or 3 or 12 rarely hear much information about anything that is going on. So the odds of organized ops from low-ranking meta wings stealing enough treasure and VP from your tightly-run, veteran alliance of closely-linked pros is pretty low.

Now, it may happen on a server somewhere that a big group of good players will get together under 1 banner, but split themselves up into a bunch of wings with the sole intent of disrupting the plans of a second group of players who all put themselves into 1 alliance... but let's face it -- if there are that many good players who come to the server with the plan/hope of meeting that many more opposing good players, I'd say you've found yourself on the best server Travian has seen in at least 5 or 6 years.