• Hi,

I am flodding the forum now with questions :)

This one´s about oasis.

I am still under BP and try to get ressources raiding oasis. Now I do scout them before to see if they are actually full and worth the potential losses. I raided a few 25%/25% or 50% oasis and got what was in there. I send clubs + hero.

Now one Wheat oasis I scouted had 2 bats in there and 100 wheat. My hero would take no damage due light scale armor. So I sent him alone to clean the 2 bats and sent 2 clubs after that. Now my clubs came home empty. The oasis was certainly not raided before. My clubs arrived 2secs after my hero.

So, does oasis raiding and getting the resources only work with a hero? Or is it a bug?

• If I'm not mistaken, the amount of available resources in an Oasis are equal to 50x[number of animals in the oasis] of each resource that the Oasis provides a bonus to.

For example (and please someone confirm this, because I'm not entirely sure):
    A 25% Wood Oasis with 2 Rats and 1 Bat provides 150 Wood.
    A 25% Wheat Oasis with 2 Rats and 1 Bat provides 150 Wheat.
    A 50% Wheat Oasis with 2 Rats and 1 Bat provides 300 Wheat.
    A 25%Wood/25% Grain Oasis with 2 Rats and 1 Bat provides 150 Wood and 150 Wheat.

What this does mean, though, is that you can't clear an Oasis, for it to be raided afterwards.

It would seem logical to send your Hero to have a minimum amount of losses, followed by your resource-carrying troops, but this doesn't work. Once you've cleared an Oasis, there won't be any animals left, meaning the Oasis provides 50x0=0 resources.
    To succesfully raid an Oasis with minimal losses, one should send the Hero accompanied by other troops.

• Thanks. Good to know. So I dont even have to scout them? I just sent the hero alone because it was 2 animals, to get the 2 missing XP for a level up, but I wanted the hero to return faster, because I sent him to another with clubs before going offline.

• Thanks. Good to know. So I dont even have to scout them? I just sent the hero alone because it was 2 animals, to get the 2 missing XP for a level up, but I wanted the hero to return faster, because I sent him to another with clubs before going offline.

You should scout them to see how many resources are there.

Gianus was mostly correct, but missed an important detail -- oases can contain up to 50 resources per animal.
    It is possible they will not have those resources at all, or very little, as they generate over time.

So if your neighbor raided it this morning and took all the resources, you might attack an oasis which has regenerated some of the animals but not all of the resources -- thus taking more losses than you can make up for with the resources gained.