Duke with 4000 should be able to open 2nd treasure village

• Hi Jumbo Shrimp,
    currently when a duke reaches 4000 treasures the new ones will just overflow and not produce VPs. Let us know what you think, should that behaviour be changed and how? We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
    Georgi

Community Manager
    Travian Kingdoms International

• Yup, I'm totally on board with this, flipping Duke treasuries to gain territory is fine, but the King has to settle close by to stabilise the area or you lose all the gains since oases stopped producing influence.

A second treasury for Duke's must be worth looking at if they max their treasures, and also should the overflow from 4000 go into the tribute fund for the King?

• I don't think having Dukes with more than 1 Treasury is a good idea.. In fact, the same argument could be used to say that Dukes could have unlimmited amount of treasuries granted that all the previous ones are full, because why shouldn't he be able to activate a new Treasury when he has 2 or more filled but should he be when the first one is?

Abuse:
    Step 1: Make someone a Duke
    Step 2: Focus ALL your treasures on him and let him steal all of them from you and your other Dukes (once you have 1000+, 2000+, etc. treasures).
    Step 3: Let him activate a new treasury.
    Step 4: Repeat Step 1-3 with another Duke
    Outcome: 1 extra Treasury for every 4k treasures
    Conclusion: Bad idea! It's basically the Oasis-system all over again where your Kingdom could become virtually unlimited. I admit, it isn't as bad, but it's really nothing we'd want to see again to be honest..

The Duke-system as it is now is the perfect concept. I agree that it is flawed, but not so much that it needs to be broken once again.
    For instance, I agree that once a Duke's Treasury is filled (or once it has passed 4k at lv 20, either of those 2 options is fine for me) that new treasures should automatically be transported to the nearest treasury that isn't filled, whether that be the King's treasury or a Duke's. In fact, I think all the treasuries in a Kingdom should work that way. Once one of them is filled and overflowing, the treasures get transported to the nearest non-filled treasury automatically, but that's a whole other story.

TL;DR NO, bad idea.

• I agree there needs to be a better system to handle a duke that get over 4000 treasures. At the very least they should be able to either sent to the closet treasury of the king or a tribute like other villages to pick up. The current way to remove the extra treasures is too have someone in your kingdom "Attack" you to pick up and at that point instead of just losing what you are over, you lose 1/3 of your total. {and some of us really do need that extra wheat]. Moving any troops that you have in your village is extra work and if your a gaul you can have a trapper that affects you teammate attacking you.

• The limit on treasures per treasury started at 10,000. I never understood the reasoning behind lowering it to 4,000 in the first place. I believe it was lowered too far to begin with, if it was to be lowered at all. This could be the reason some dukes are running out of room to hold treasures.

However, I also believe one treasury per duke is all the game can bear without having some kingdoms get completely out of control again. Once a duke's treasury is full, the overflow should go either to the nearest of the king's treasuries or be available in the tribute fund for the king to collect. If dukes were allowed more than one treasury, even limited to two per duke a kingdom could have 7 scattered dukes and potentially 14 treasuries in addition to the king's treasuries. The influence of the kingdom and resulting territory gained would make the game extremely unbalanced in favor of a few kingdoms.

• you lose 1/3 of your total. {and some of us really do need that extra wheat]

You can lose up to 1/3 of the total amount of Treasures you have.
    Just send the exact amount of troops needed to pick up the excess Treasures. Say that you want 1k treasures to be stolen, one should send something like 20 Axemen + Hero.
    Treasures are prioritized over resources when both treasures and resources can be stolen.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gianus ().

• I think ability to open 2nd treasury would be ideal solution. It would avoid all of the complicated measures to transfer treasure.

One obvious downside of raiding treasury is Zoo. Over the course of the game, Duke may fortify his village with Zoo, and it would have to be destroyed to move treasure. Then there may be a trapper...

Other potential methods (I could think of), such as duke -> king -> set up extra treasuries -> abdicating as king, becoming governor -> waiting for the original king to collect some treasure -> returning to duke: This is just extremely complicated.

Gaining 4000 treasure single-handedly, as a duke is a worthwhile achievement, and IMO, it should be rewarded. It would avoid all the steps above, and it would allow kingdom to earn victory points for all the treasures.

• i think open 2nd treasury is not a good idea as some post above this one had explain in further way
    also i add 2nd treasury need another big anvil in another village where some other King or Dukes treasury are not filled in the same kingdom

the best solution is one of two:
    1- the overflowing treasures go to the nearest unfilled treasury (Duke or King) treasury as some one mentioned
    2- the overflowing treasures go to the tribute funds and can be collected by the king

the second solution is the best
    this overflowing treasures will arise badly in the running speed servers but in normal speed it is not that too much to be big deal i think
    the current solution of attacking isn't good at all because of lot work of evading troops and pulling reinf and such things

Red John
    Customer Service Representative & Community Manager
    Travian Kingdoms AE

• Would increasing the number of treasures allowed per treasury not resolve this issue? I would suggest 7500. The devs could do that, and that would not cause any of the problems allowing dukes multiple treasuries would cause.

• They are added to your tribute fund for your king to collect

6491‬‬‬‬/‎4000‬‬‬‬ - sorry, nope.

you only get credit for the 1st 4000, the King can not collect the spare.

• if you were full and had extra as a duke, what about disabling that treasury, thus either sending those treasures to other treasuries, or deactivating them, making them able to be picked up by the king, then reactivating said treasury? (not sure if it works)

• Battlegorge,

That would work in both cases, but the problem for most people is this: the capping at 4K treasures puts a limit on the benefit the Duke can provide the kingdom in terms of influence, and on the benefit to them. If you can't go past 4K treasures, then that's the max you can influence the kingdom's borders, and that's the max crop bonus you get per hour from the treasures. I'd imagine there would be a fair few people who can get hold of more than 4K treasures as a duke that would mind the extra crop if the limit didn't exist to help feed their hammer, or help store other troops, or send crop to WWs etc...

• IMO I agree with whoever said that the amount of treasures per treasury be increased. That would be the solution which would be simplest and create the least complications.

BlackHeart- Anything else?

• The duke was the work around for the oasis debacle when it comes to spreading influence. If you allow the duke unlimited treasury and the ability to create more then you are basically just doing as the oasis did.

I think the duke should be limited to 1 treasury in one village for the entire account. Once it is maxed out then any treasures stolen by the duke can just go into a tribute fund to be collected by the king as is normally done with the governors. This way they are not wasted by just piling up on a maxed out treasury village. I also think a king should be able ot hold more in his treasury then a duke. He is the king and the main source of influence so should have a way higher storage capacity then anyone else.

• I think the duke should be limited to 1 treasury in one village for the entire account. Once it is maxed out then any treasures stolen by the duke can just go into a tribute fund to be collected by the king as is normally done with the governors. This way they are not wasted by just piling up on a maxed out treasury village. I also think a king should be able ot hold more in his treasury then a duke. He is the king and the main source of influence so should have a way higher storage capacity then anyone else.

For duke the treasure automatically gets moved to the treasure village. Normally, the treasure village is not in king's influence area (it is a bad idea to have this type of overlap) so the treasure cannot get to the tribute fund.

• For duke the treasure automatically gets moved to the treasure village. Normally, the treasure village is not in king's influence area (it is a bad idea to have this type of overlap) so the treasure cannot get to the tribute fund.

We already know that. ;)

I am making a suggestion on how to make it work better and part of that suggestion is that the overflows can go into the tribute fund so the king can pick them up.

This will eliminate treasures being wasted in a purgatory where they do nothing for no one. :)