Who should robbers attack?

• It seems unfair to me that robbers attack any players in the kingdom. Surely it makes more sense that robbers only attack players who haven't cleared a wave? We had a situation where the robbers attacked the players who had cleared waves, and left alone those who hadn't. I don't think that they could attack the robbers back to stop them as they'd already cleared a wave. I don't get the logic in that.

• Why would robbers attack the people that had left them alone? Surely they'd want to attack back those that had attacked them?

Sorry, I couldn't resist the urge to be facetious. I'd probably suggest that the random factor of the attacks is more likely to drive a certain level of communication and co-operation between members of the kingdom?

• Except there's not really any communication or cooperation necessary to clear robber camps. Either you're active enough to do them properly, which you then do individually and automatically, or you're not, in which case it doesn't matter how people try to communicate with the inactives. The robbers attacking the ones who did clear their waves is just another part of the annoyance of robbers :D

• I don't know why so many people cry about robbers. If you are not able kill them in attack with less then few percent lose of your army or defend againts them with same number of lose you are doing something wrong. This is not longer sim city as T4 where you could make only pop when noone attacked you. Just make army since beggining and you will have no problems with robbers at all and you will have big hero boost and many supply from them.
    Problem with inactive kingdom players can be solved easily - jsut kick them out of kingdom, then you will have only active players and robbers attacks will not be any problem if you dont have def army.

• Sinon,

I don't know about you, but I don't keep my army at home, waiting for an NPC player to attack - they're either out raiding paying for their upkeep, or hitting the enemy. So I'm going to wind up wasting res, building a small hammer just for robbers. The robbers are actually a godsend for the sim city players who don't like risking their troops in real action, and have them sitting on their arses at home.

• While Sinon is right about "just kick them out of the kingdom", what if you're in an alliance where they don't get kicked no matter how much you complain? Not much you can do about it then.

• Casual players don't have much of a problem because troop count is usually low and that makes hideouts weaker....
    For players who are active and use gold.... They have scaled the robber hideouts with the intent to make gold buyers buy more gold.
    This was heavily mentioned on the 1st beta launch how many gov we're getting larger robber attacks than the kings from players.

A quick and easy fix would be to scale robber attacks on a bell curve....
    Attacks get stronger quickly during beginning, then plateau and start to get weaker as you continue to clear. If you miss a clear, then it starts the bell curve again based on some fancy formula to scale it.
    This would make it fun, reward active players, still demolish in-actives and turn the focus back to player vs player with robber hideouts just spicing it up a little!

- - - Updated - - -

Hero thread was also talking about robber hideouts.

• Sinon,

I don't know about you, but I don't keep my army at home, waiting for an NPC player to attack - they're either out raiding paying for their upkeep, or hitting the enemy. So I'm going to wind up wasting res, building a small hammer just for robbers. The robbers are actually a godsend for the sim city players who don't like risking their troops in real action, and have them sitting on their arses at home.

Well, so just don't use DEF army for raiding and let them defend robber attacks. If you want raid even with DEF then you should make calculations if you DEF troops raid more than robbers steal.

Btw, active kingdom is always cure for all problems. I played 3 servers and never got attacked by robber camps because they were killed after maximum few hours. :)

While Sinon is right about "just kick them out of the kingdom", what if you're in an alliance where they don't get kicked no matter how much you complain? Not much you can do about it then.

Well, if you don't want to change alliance then I have no idea how to solve it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sinon ().

• Actually, Sinon, I don't have a problem with the camps, to be honest. It's the hideouts that annoy me. They scale too far in my opinion, meaning that I have to stop raiding for 6ish hours when they spawn to let enough troops gather that the losses aren't too bad, and the hero doesn't take too much of a beating. I find that particularly annoying. Seeing my experience is all T4 or prior, I'm hoping there's a point where they stop scaling, and keeping a small percentage (as in, less than 10%) of your hammer at home will take care of them without noticeable losses.

If not, and they keep scaling and limit therefore your ability to keep your troops in action, then I'll start believing the conspiracy theorists out there that TG is going out of it's way to build a game aimed at the casual gamer that limits the possibility of meaningful PvP interactions with actual consequences. At that stage, I'll probably join the crew to wave goodbye, because let's be honest, there are a ton of games out there that do that style of play a lot better than Travian, so I'm hardly going to hang around playing an inferior game that has ruined all the mechanics that made it stand out from the crowd.

• *sigh*

I get why we need robber camps, to produce stolen goods, to convert to treasures, to get VP points, so that we got away from that massive simfest that the WW as the only victory mechanic encouraged. But as I understand it, the whole point of VP, along with bonus points for stealing treasures from higher ranked alliances, and a special bounty on #1, was to encourage more PvP interactions.

So I'm sincerely hoping that the issue I'm facing is due to my notoriously simmy starts, and once I start properly on troop production that this will become a quickly fading issue. Because if they really do scale in such a way that you need a standing army for hideouts when they appear, then you may as well kiss PvP interaction goodbye because someone somewhere couldn't properly model the consequences of this piece of design...

And we're back to 90% of players going through a simfest, hitting robber camps, and nothing much happening all server long...

• Well, last day of server I had rober camps with 6k - 10k units. Ofc you cannot atatck this with 1/10 of your army, but I always used all army + siege + hero and lost are under 1%. So not a problem for me. Of course it can be problem for someone who want to use that X hours for farming, but for most players it's OK.

• Well, last day of server I had rober camps with 6k - 10k units. Ofc you cannot atatck this with 1/10 of your army, but I always used all army + siege + hero and lost are under 1%. So not a problem for me. Of course it can be problem for someone who want to use that X hours for farming, but for most players it's OK.

You mean robber hideouts, right?

BlackHeart- Anything else?

• Losses or not, still means you need to have your hammer home and spend hours fighting an NPC -_- and who said anything about farming? We're talking about FIGHTING...you know, fighting PLAYERS..

• You mean robber hideouts, right?

Sure. My mistake. :)

Losses or not, still means you need to have your hammer home and spend hours fighting an NPC -_- and who said anything about farming? We're talking about FIGHTING...you know, fighting PLAYERS..

Well I don't think that u are really FIGHTING players (= attacking simillar players with countable troops lose) 24 / 7. If you do we probably played different servers, because I had no problem keep army at home for few hours per day to kill hideouts or camps and still be in top10 of all ladders. :) But still I think robbers are good fo average players which not attack so much. Robbers are easy resources, OFF points, hero points. And there is most of average players.
    Btw I don't count myself for average players and still don't see any disadvantage of them - if you are mad about letting your hammer at home, just make another one. If you are at least half good as you present yourself here you must have at least few secondary hammers. (And don't tell me, that you are using them 24 / 7 for players attacking too).

• No, I'm not using my troops 24/7, but I'd like them to be available when for instance an enemy randomly attacks me or an ally so that I can counter them or whatever. What you're describing is actually a major problem: You can be in top ladders while never attacking another player. I'm currently top 20 attacker on COM1, haven't attacked a player yet and don't even farm much. Don't you see the problem with that, if that's what the average person is doing? And yes, I can and do make several hammers in every account I play but that doesn't mean I should like having one of them at home fighting only robbers.