Second village or city ?

• Hi,

Lately i've been wondering about whether it is correct to settle a second village early on. I mean, right after settling your second village you have to get 9000 CP before settling your third village and with only about 300CP/day and small celebrations being very inefficient, you have to wait a very long time before getting your third village.
    Now let's compare with a different line, let's say you don't settle your second village when you reach 1000CP but instead you wait for your village to reach 500 population (i'd say it takes about 5 more days) and then you upgrade your first village to a city and your city now produces about 800CP per day and can have celebrations that produce 500CP as well. In the end with this strategy you produce 1300CP/day and you now grow much faster. I'm actually quite surprised that very few people try it on most servers because it looks very efficient.

So, what do you think about this strategy and which one do you think is the most efficient ?

• I agree on all your points but you forget the benefits of settling a second villa first.

- Securing cropper.
    - As a king, securig new governor in a distant area.

Then why did you create a city first??

• No, he said that according to him upgrading your village to a city is better than settling a second village if you don't care about securing a cropper or governors.

• Then why did you create a city first??

Frankly, the croppers on this server are bad. There are few decent ones but they are too far away for my liking.

As for governors, my third cp slot will unlock faster with a city then with another villa.

• There is only one 150% 15 cropper in whole com2 server, and that happens to be a natarian cropper. I can't believe there is 0 150% croppers settle-able, and only handful of 125% ones. I have never ever seen this bad of a map in any version of travian.

Making a city first is a valid strategy and if you're first one to hit city then you're almost guaranteed to get third cp slot aswell.

Last com2 we played i made a city first and went straight for chiefs and chiefed a natarian cropper as second village. (needed a little help catapulting residence from natarian, cleared it pretty much myself with 3k clubbies and bunch of rams) Settle-able croppers were quite bad in there too, and i'd say getting all level 10 fields instantly was definitely worth it.

• There is only one 150% 15 cropper in whole com2 server, and that happens to be a natarian cropper. I can't believe there is 0 150% croppers settle-able, and only handful of 125% ones. I have never ever seen this bad of a map in any version of travian.

That's one of the things I was saying way back in the closed beta. High bonus croppers have been rare in every server I played, and even those with a potential 125% are far from evenly spaced on the map.