Deployment should cost something

• Right now, people just deploy their forces as they wish. I suggest that deployment should incur some extra cost beside the regular crop upkeep. the larger the army and/or the longer the distance the army need to travel, the more it will cost the player. This will add another strategic dimension to the game.

• e.g. 100 clubs travelling for 2 hours out and 2 hours back would incur a 400 crop deployment cost, regardless of whether all return or not.
    Meanwhile the attacking village gains +100 crop an hour because the troops are out of house.

I like this idea.

Something like this would mean a large army will need many granaries. Or granaries would need a nice buff to compensate.

• Do you want people to move their armies around even less? Because this is an incentive to do exactly that.

I'll agree with this. I see no need to penalise someone just because they have large armies and/or large farmlists. The cost of training them and the cost of keeping them fed is plenty cost enough.

• Right now, people just deploy their forces as they wish. I suggest that deployment should incur some extra cost beside the regular crop upkeep. the larger the army and/or the longer the distance the army need to travel, the more it will cost the player. This will add another strategic dimension to the game.

;), I take it , you have not ever had to build,own,store,use, a VLH in a zillions villes and on a zillion raids and then put the thing together and then march it a day or so across the board, all the while, trying to just feed the "THING" before it falls apart before it gets to where it needs to go.

"And sometimes they come back", then you rinse, repeat, spread out store again raid, stop, , gather , send , feed, pray, beg, for wheat. "

"And sometimes they come back",,,,

Oh yea, deployment costs something, you just have not experienced or earned that bill yet.
    You should admire people who do , especially if it just one person, though often "committees" run those things. Or used to, TK is much smaller than old Trav was many years ago.

• Why are we penalizing players for using their armies in a war game??

If anything the players who build an army just so they can say they built the largest one should be penalized.

Any player who is using his troops to help the alliance should be rewarded, not penalized.

If I am reading this post wrong then please correct me but this is just crazy talk.

• I think maybe the OP should reconsider this suggestion. The cost of training and feeding troops is more than enough cost. The only return in resources is in what those troops carry home, and you would offset that? Sorry, but I think not.

• What's VLH?

• It's funny to see the number of replies on here already much along the lines that I was going to go for. While I like people trying to come up with ideas, this one doesn't strike me as a particularly good one...

I hope you will not let the reactions to this suggestion discourage you from posting any suggestion or comment that comes to mind. The devs keep up with what is said here, and I can tell you they appreciate all feedback and suggestions. Just because one idea won't fly doesn't mean your next idea won't. We need as many players participating in this forum as possible.