Why is this still a thing?

• Why is this still a problem? Numerous people, including myself, have complained numerous times about this robber camp shenenigans where a camp wave remains even after all the treasures have been taken.

Nonsensical. Fix this once and for all. You fixed this problem in the middle of the closed beta (iirc) server so why can't it stay permanently fixed?

Either way, whoever attacks this camp next won't get diddly squat except a pitiful handful of resources and no treasures, all because the previous attacker didn't send enough troops to completely empty all resources from the wave. It makes me mad.

• I still don't understand why the entire robber functionality is there in the first place. It's annoying and boring to do, it distracts gameplay away from (good) player interaction and surely a different way of producing treasures can be found...

• From the screen shot it says clearly that the wave is defeated as soon as all troops are killed AND all resources taken. Has it not been this way since the closed beta?

I was not a fan of robbers at first. They were a pain in the neck. However, the camps will encourage teamwork which can carry over into other operations. A leader (king) will have to work out how to encourage his or her governors to attack the camps in such a way as to clear the waves. I have come to see this as a positive addition to the game.

• As a new t5 player, camps are stupid. Hideouts are great for casual players. It would be nice if they were randomly WAY harder (with way better resources scaled, of course) sometimes so that it's a challenge every once in a while.

• As a new t5 player, camps are stupid. Hideouts are great for casual players. It would be nice if they were randomly WAY harder (with way better resources scaled, of course) sometimes so that it's a challenge every once in a while.

The rel challenges should come from opposing players, but the hideouts and camps will both get progressively harder and the loot progressively bigger as a server progresses.

• From the screen shot it says clearly that the wave is defeated as soon as all troops are killed AND all resources taken. Has it not been this way since the closed beta?

I was not a fan of robbers at first. They were a pain in the neck. However, the camps will encourage teamwork which can carry over into other operations. A leader (king) will have to work out how to encourage his or her governors to attack the camps in such a way as to clear the waves. I have come to see this as a positive addition to the game.

And this is exactly the problem. You cannot go back to attack a robber camp again to take all resources remaining. A player attacks with maybe just his hero (yes, heroes don't need troops to carry treasures from robber camps when troops are needed to take treasures from player villages) and steals the treasures, killing any troops there with his hero. The hero can carry treasures but not resources and cannot return to pick up the resources later because it only lets you hit a camp once, no exceptions.

This screws over the next player who will attack the camp because the main reason for attacking is already gone, which is some hero exp and the treasures. They have in the past fixed it so that no matter what you do with a camp (kill everything, take all resources, or just take treasures), that wave will be finished and the next attacker will hit the next wave. Which is by far the superior way, and I do not understand why it keeps reverting back to this inferior system.

• No but Railgunz don't you see the amazing teamwork necessary to clear this camp! If it's crappy and broken besides being boring the king needs to talk to his governors even more! Best gameplay ever. Of course the dev kept it this way :D

Forced, unfun teamwork to clear an NPC camp, geez. Why not have something that automatically flows from the basics of the game to encourage this kind of thing?

• No but Railgunz don't you see the amazing teamwork necessary to clear this camp! If it's crappy and broken besides being boring the king needs to talk to his governors even more! Best gameplay ever. Of course the dev kept it this way :D

Forced, unfun teamwork to clear an NPC camp, geez. Why not have something that automatically flows from the basics of the game to encourage this kind of thing?

Amm, you know I like you. But you have become so consistently negative about everything that has gotten hard to sit back and keep my mouth shut.

As king, I had no problem communicating to my governors that when attacking a robbers camp it was essential to send enough troops in a single wave to clear the wave for the next team mate. By following my wishes as their team leader (king), they practiced teamwork - but it was my responsibility to talk to them in the first place..

Instead of constantly harping on what you see as wrong, how about telling us what you propose as a solution? Not some vague something, but specific ideas in positive suggestions. You said, "Why not have something that automatically flows from the basics of the game to encourage this kind of thing?" Name the something, please. Some something.

• I get increasingly negative because being constructive and positive hasn't helped enough...

I understand your point about how that would practice teamwork, but that's really the best case scenario. What happens most of the time is that the less active people don't send, ignore the messages in kingdom/individual chat (language barrier or laziness), or send wrongly without ever adjusting. The rest of the time, people who are accustomed to the game don't need the teamwork aspect of the robbers at all and are just annoyed by having to send attacks on an NPC for the entire duration of the server, and get punished for having troops in use for an actual war with players, since they can't get the treasure (crop income). It's a gameplay feature for the least active people in the game, for everybody else it's incredibly annoying. So here's a suggestion..Keep robbers in for the first month of the server. Any 'teamwork' enabling benefits should've been received by then. After that the robbers become, I dunno, slaves that automatically create treasures or something. Gameplay should focus on other players, not this crap :)

• Railgunz,

You can send more than once at a wave. You just have to send them one after the other. I'm in a particularly inactive kingdom, so the first camp, I sent hero on his own. Once he'd hit, I then sent troops to get the treasures, so as to not lose any (given first few days of a server, troop losses are critical). I didn't have enough troops home to clear the entire res load, so once they hit, I sent a third time to get the remaining resources. Mind you, in an active kingdom, I wouldn't have done that, because someone would have landed in between and got nothing for it.

Mind you, the rest of your sentiment I have no argument, they really do need to fix this so that the stolen goods come last for camps.

Ammanurt,

I can't say I love the robber camps, but I dislike them less than hideouts. At least robber camps reward activity.

• One of the suggestions I was thinking of was to at least have the resources take priority over the treasures (as you said), and to also stop heroes from taking treasures when alone. This way, people are forced to attack with enough troops in order to pick up all the resources to get through to those treasures.

I always assumed that the camps were able to be hit only once, as I've never not fully cleared a wave in one hit to find out for myself. One time however, I did raid instead of attack. Some robber troops survived but I took all resources and treasures, and the wave was considered complete so the next attacker could take the next wave. I'm not sure if this is still the case, though.

This thing happens more often in active kingdoms, and also at the start of the server when people may not have enough troops to clear and take all the resources in one hit.

• So, from what I'm reading, I see two ways the devs could resolve this issue and keep robber camps in the game throughout the server.

1. Have the stolen goods taken only after all troops have been cleared and all resources taken. This would seem to be the simplest fix.

2. Have wave remain open to attack from the same player who attacked it first, while opening the next wave to attack by another player. The wave would show it was in progress, but not cleared. This would mean that player who started clearing that wave would have to go back and get the remainder of the resources in order for the camp to be defeated.

• This is the change for robber camps we plan to do:

• Mark a robber wave as cleared (except last wave) as soon as all stolen goods are taken from the robber camp. Remaining troops and resources get added to the next wave.
    • The last wave is cleared when all stolen goods and resources are taken.

It's not yet implemented, but as soon we have some time besides the larger features we're working on, we will take care of.