Stopping hideouts from spawning

• Thanks Sarge and KEEN, but I'm no longer playing the server and just letting people farm the village, signing in to keep it active. This means I don't have to worry about being attacked by robbers.

• I tried a few different ways of dealing with robbers. The one way which seemed to work best, respawn fastest and yield the most profit was to hit them (with attack or siege) as soon as they appeared on the map with hero and enough troops to clear them in one wave. And I did find them profitable in several ways. While there were times the resources collected would barely pay for the troops lost, the stolen goods (which could be used in any village) sped development and increased troop numbers in all but the village I used to attack the robbers. Using my main hammer to hit the robbers did, however, greatly slow me in building that hammer.

The solution, I believe, is to build a secondary (or mini) hammer in a village close to the main hammer village and use it to attack the robbers, sending hero back and forth as needed. We had such secondaries in two villages, however they were not so close to the main hammer and we didn't use them this way until after the hammer died hitting a WW.

In Travian (all versions), the faster you grow, the faster you can grow faster. Raiding helps with this, and so does the loot - both resources and stolen goods - won from robbers. Building a hammer is not so fast, as time is the one resource that is strictly limited. Killing part of your hammer each time robbers appear costs quite a bit of that valuable time. The next server I play, I will still hit the robbers, but my main hammer will not take part in it.

Robbers are profitable, provided you hit them with enough troops. Especially if you are in a good kingdom and NPC the excess crop into other resources. Once sold, the goods become treasures and contribute to the VP total of your alliance. This is profit to the team you are a part of.

• For me they truly aren't profitable at all :( and for other people as well they aren't profitable, the price (resource and time wise) for clearing them is way too high compared to the reward they actually give.

• Not sure why I bother replying but it remains ridiculous to need a hammer to fight NPCs. Hell it remains a ridiculous thing to need to fight NPC's as gameplay in the first place. I'll repeat that the game needs a second hero adventure style button, that replaces hideouts/camps and gives you resources/treasures.

• For me they truly aren't profitable at all :( and for other people as well they aren't profitable, the price (resource and time wise) for clearing them is way too high compared to the reward they actually give.

It depends on the percentage of your losses. If your losses are not too high, the loot of the upcoming hideouts will increase in some relation of your previos losses.

Using a 2nd off to clean the hideouts sounds like a good choice when you want to build a huge hammer

• It depends on the percentage of your losses. If your losses are not too high, the loot of the upcoming hideouts will increase in some relation of your previos losses.

Using a 2nd off to clean the hideouts sounds like a good choice when you want to build a huge hammer

I have +50k def and less than 4k off to clear hideouts, i keep losing atleast 15% of my off (with siege!) and have to waste time rebuilding it all the time. I believe they are profitable still (atleast in biggest kingdom where treasures give tons of crop), but i hate wasting my time making def troops just to make offense for clearing robbers.

I don't raid, i don't attack people, that off is just standing at my village eating crop and waiting for new robbers to spawn. I would much rather take that income somewhere else and make more def troops for my kingdom. Especially with most people just using kingdoms as safehavens and not making troops themselves, someone has to compensate for their loss of troops.

• If you don't like robber hideouts then don't attack them. It's your choice. But give the rest people opportunity for easy resources, offensive and hero points. Btw with proper army I never lost more than 1% of main hammer and resources from stolen goods can cover all lost without any problems.

• Well then attack them. I don't know what you want to hear. When you have to attack them you are unhappy, because losing army. Sure when you have only def army you have problem, but you should make off army too. When I say don't attack them you are unhappy too because you don't get stolen goods.

Oh, I got great idea. What about remove robber hideouts and give us every night 100 stolen goods, 100k resources, 1000 off points and 1000 hero experience instead? Then we can happy building our villages without loosing troops. That's nice, isn't it?

• Not clearing them is not really an option when your robbers hideout have more troops than most people on the server. If they attack you they do big damages.
    Robbers hideout are great the first weeks / first month of the server afterwards if people play correctly their account depending on if they play def or off, clearing it becomes less and less advantageous.

EDIT:
    Sinon :
    The fact that they give off points is really lame IMO, it's nice for the hero experience but they shouldn't give off points to people, the off ladder is unbalanced afterwards for kings vs dukes/governors. Robbers hideout are a great implement to get some resources/experience for hero and have some interaction with the game at first. Later on it's just meh, but since you need those treasuries you need to attack them anyway.

• If they attack you they do big damages.

Why they should attack you? Just leave few resource inside of them instead full clear and you will be fine for the rest of the game. Only disavantage will be that you will not help your ally win server, which is your free choice.

• Check edit of my previous post.
    We need the treasuries for feeding troops in case of emergencies.

Only disavantage will be that you will not help your ally win server, which is your free choice.

How could that even be remotely related to winning a server? Not attacking robbers camp means I don't need to waste 200/300troops each time, it means I can keep farming/attacking other people and therefore be much more useful to my alliance. The only reasons everyone with a lot of troops attack them is that it gives a lot of off points for the ladder and for their hero and because treasuries, as stated before, as necessary in case of emergencies.

• Perfect then we can finally focus on playing with players again instead of fighting the computer.

We can do both. Stolen goods are necessary to a kingdom/alliance, so it is basically a trade - troops for res and stolen goods (to be converted to treasures which generate VP by selling them). TK has been developed around the gathering of treasures and amassing VP as a team. As I said before, this should be workable without affecting a main hammer (which can then be used to fight players) by building a second offensive army large enough to deal with robbers.

Defensive players can build one offensive army in a single village to use against robbers - something I have recommended to defensive players all along. That off could be used to good purpose by defenders, by raiding when there are no robbers. Raiding is, in my opinion, essential to account development for all, off or def.

This is the game, in this version. While some of us do manage to work through all aspects of it, I doubt that everyone will ever be happy with every part of it. We must adapt and deal with the game as a whole, however.