Instant building on speedservers

• Instant building costs the same on speedservers even though the building times are 3x shorter. You're much more likely to get instabuild for 1 gold in speed than on normal server, which makes playing it a bit cheaper (not considering travian plus etc).

Do you guys think instant build should be working differently on speed? I mean i love the discount, i just don't think it's fair to get higher buildings built cheaper than on normal servers. Server populations are already lower on normal servers and if i can manage to play speed with less gold spent i need to think twice before playing normal servers.. Please share your opinion on this matter, especially if you disagree with me :)

• Jallu.

I'll state firstly that I don't play speed servers, just so people can read into my response what they wish, but at least it's based on facts. From the limited few times I have tried speed servers, I seem to recollect that they're far more gold intensive. You get less plus or res bonus for the same gold (unless you bulk buy the entire server, and even then, it's the same amount for effectively 3x less time).

If you also NPC, especially if you tend to NPC wheat to hard res in your cropper, you have to do it three times as often as a normal server due to 3x production.

So, I figure it's swings and roundabouts - they get slightly cheaper insta build, but NPC, plus and res bonus is far more expensive.

(And realistically, you should never insta build for less than 2 hours anyway, unless instabuilding walls/moats between waves of attacks. You save insta build for the stuff that takes hours and hours, or even days to build)

• Instant building costs the same on speedservers even though the building times are 3x shorter. You're much more likely to get instabuild for 1 gold in speed than on normal server, which makes playing it a bit cheaper (not considering travian plus etc).

Do you guys think instant build should be working differently on speed? I mean i love the discount, i just don't think it's fair to get higher buildings built cheaper than on normal servers. Server populations are already lower on normal servers and if i can manage to play speed with less gold spent i need to think twice before playing normal servers.. Please share your opinion on this matter, especially if you disagree with me :)

After playing out a server with the new build queue, I have to say removing the 3 gold instant complete covering all buildings and researches was a bad move on TG's part. When there is a single building level you need completed, then I can see the benefit of being able to do so for 1 or 2 gold - In the end I actually used a bit less gold than I would have otherwise by completing higher levels individually and taking advantage of the free 5 minute clock. I believe this would hold true on both normal 1x and speed servers.

That said, I do not believe any changes in the countdown should be made on speed servers. The servers are much shorter than normal, true; in fact, I will reiterate my statements that the servers are too short. However, the only change I would support would be to bring back the option to pay one time to have all active building and research queues finished instantly for one set price, without regard to the time left on the clock.

Let me add that the server being so much shorter means spending less gold, even though it is spent faster.

• I used to instabuild when it was 3 gold to cover all building and researches queued, but now I don't instabuild at all.

Same here. I instabuild within the last 5 minutes or if I have gold that I've not bought I might use it now and then but the three building finishing was a big draw for me to purchase gold (if I ever did). Seems my gold less distance now so I just don't buy it at all.