Best buildings to demolish

• Hi guys!

First time playing Travian here

I've run out of space in my capital city and I need to demolish something. Which are the best buildings to demolish?

My academy is at level 20 and I researched everything. Will I lose my researchs if I demolish it or they will remain?

Thanks in advance!

• Nope, you won't lose the researched troops. Similarly, if you've levelled up all troops to 20 in smithy, demolishing it doesn't lose the upgrades either. In an ideal world, you demolish smithy first if you've done the lot, as it produces less CP, but usually academy is the first to go...

• Trappers can still be useful. There's been many a server back in the T3.6 and T4.0 days where I stashed all the cattas for an EGH in friendly gaul traps. Still the best way to protect 10K cattas is to stash them in traps...

• Trappers can still be useful. There's been many a server back in the T3.6 and T4.0 days where I stashed all the cattas for an EGH in friendly gaul traps. Still the best way to protect 10K cattas is to stash them in traps...

Yeah, but I can think of much better uses for a village than filling it up with 20 trappers lol

VVV I agree with you BUT, here the question were made on a CAP... not a feeder.
    so if its the cap, I agree to remove the traps, if its the feeder, and it can not be used by anybody then it can be considered, as traps are only to be used in the begining of the game. and makes no sence as defence at the end game. unless they change the possibility to kill trapped enemy troops (as my suggestion in other string).

But I agree, in feeders, they can be used by the team to secure troops.

------------------------------------------------------------
    DMT - just a big kid who love to have fun. ?(

• If the Academy were demolished, but the barracks, workshop, and stable were completely destroyed from an attack, will the researched troops still be there or will we have to start over from scratch with researching the troops?

• - If the academy gets damaged or destroyed, the troop researches will stay

- If the smithy gets damaged or destroyed, the troop levels will stay

- If the barracks, stable, workshop, residence, palace, great barracks or great stable gets damaged or upgraded, the training time of the troops in queue will be adjusted

- If the barracks, stable, workshop, residence, palace, great barracks or great stable gets destroyed, the training will pause, but if you rebuild it, it will continue (no resources are lost)

- If the townhall or brewery gets destroyed, the party queue will still run and its boni will still take effect

- If the market place gets damaged or destroyed, you will lose the merchants, but if they are on their way, they will still fulfil their delivery before disappearing

BUT

- If your embassy gets damaged or destroyed, you will lose the annected oasis, if you don't fulfil the level requirement anymore

- If the last active treasury gets destroyed, your village will lose its influence area and newly build treasuries will be hidden

- If buildings with passive effects (sawmill etc., resource fields, main building's building time reduction, cranny, rally point's fake detection, trade office's merchant bonus, ...) get damaged or destroyed, you will lose the effect

You can, however, lose your researches and upgrades, if your village gets conquered, even if you conquer it yourself.

Trapper does not work like that on Travian KIngdoms, which we currently play, because when attack releases trapped troops, percentage of trapped units die, like 10 or 5 percent, dont recall correctly atm. But if you free them on your own, from your village or other player releases them volonterly, then there is no loss. Just want to mention that so he does not get suprised if he does that hehe.

And I would like to add: when world wonders reach high level, it is common to destroy every building including ress production, even warehosue in the end. If you dont go for pop, but for army. Since you do not need ress production and cultural points production, destroying everything for little more ress is always an option :D

• percentage of trapped units die, like 10 or 5 percent, dont recall correctly atm

It's 25% by the way. :)

And I would like to add: when world wonders reach high level, it is common to destroy every building including ress production, even warehosue in the end. If you dont go for pop, but for army. Since you do not need ress production and cultural points production, destroying everything for little more ress is always an option

I literally never heared that, wtf. There's no reason to anyway, since you don't celebrate parties and don't upgrade new villages in the and anymore, I would be surprised if there is a severe resource shortage for an hammer.

• One hammer is never enough :) As I see it... if you got Brewery, there is no point not having multiply hammers. On Com ofcourse, smaller worlds are harder for farm.
    But yes, demolish all. Why not... send all ress to WW, spend it all, who cares, its end of the world.

• Having one hammer or multiple doesn't change my point, you spend less resouces at the end, you have wonders to half your crop consumption for a noticeable percentage of time. There's simply no need to, and if wonders get demolished, you're quite fucked, to say it nicely.

• My english is not best and you have more experience then me so it would be nice to mention/explain that buildings can be demolished and still used such as demolishing academy or blacksmith while research is done, chiefting without residence/castle and so on...

Also, I have never tried catapultin while geting rally point destroyed. I think it works, cause attack is sent 2 waves, right? So even if rally point gets demolished, attack cats sent earlier still shoot twice?!

• While you certainly could destroy certain buildings, destryoing everything including warehouses, granaries and resource production would just be a huge brainfart, like I pointed out before. I still wouldn't do it for any buildings, for aesthetic reasons and because it would make me hella uncomfortable. I mentioned a few posts ago, which buildings can be destroyed safely, if you need the space. Except for unnecessary endgame sacrifices you will never do it for resources though, due to culture loss.