Posts by Pharo

Dear Developer team and Kingdoms community,

As I said in my previous post, I've different idea to improve the UI of the 1.8.x version.

Please look at 28129-improvement-in-the-ui-of-the-kingdoms-application (Forum link). I just want to be sure you have not missed my post ;)

I've find 3 more Bugs:

In robber camp, the layout for sending troops goes on top of raided resources:

robberCamp.jpg

In one of my residence, I've found a very weird display. To explain I've no cheif and my residence is lvl 10.

I've other residence, but I've this display only in my City Capital.

I don't know if this his due to the Capital or the City...

ResidenceInCity.jpg

As you see, 3 slot is available for the Residence and 2 chief even if I've no chief and the research is not done...

Finnaly, A text is not correct: In the Main Building, if I read the text to found a City it says:

Wrong City Text.jpg

+ 500 Culture point per day. This text is true only for the first city and I already have one city. The correct sentence should be: +200 Culture point per day.

This is confusing for a new player...

I've see different thing that got fixed with update. You are doing a really good jobs to find and correct bugs and improvment the application quality! Please keep going, Kingdoms app his usefull for many of us!

Best regards,
    Pharo

Dear App developper and Kingdoms community,

I've different idea to simplify the UI of the application and increase the informations that could be display in it.

All of my logic is based on the Beta 1.8.8865 UI currently under test to some player. I've try my best to photoshop the UI and explain my idea as clear as possible.

To imply the community, I've put a poll to get your feedback and let the debate begin in the comment section 8)

A special word to the community

First, I'm not working for Kingdoms or Travian. But I love this game and I want to improve it.

I know many people complain about the application and only said It's full of bug, non user-friendly, and other thing like that.

But many of these people, did not report bugs and does not take time to send idea... As I always say: You can cry as laourder as you want... But you do nothing.

I've take a huge amount of time to write this thread, edit picture, ask my friends and kingdoms player to gather informations and aggregate these into a single thread to simplify the work of Kingdoms develloper and avoid jump into different thread.

We are all in the same community and we need to work together to improve Kingdoms and his application.

Like a Kingdoms party, play on your side and you will delete before the first week... Play together, you will win the

So please, do not simply complain in comment and respect my work, share idea and report founded bugs.

Poll

I've put a poll with multiple choice, so you can choose 10 answer because I post 10 differents idea.

For each Idea you will have Yes or No option.

What Yes and No means for me:

• By choosing Yes: You are agree to apply my idea
    • By choosing No: You are not agree to apply my idea
    • If you want to debate about one of the idea, let discuss in comment section ;)

Good reading!

Two buttons for the same action?

I know kingdoms can work thanks to gold. But these two button perform the same action: Open the Buy gold panel...

I think it could be Usefull to migrate the button from the to the bottom bar. Even if my screen is pretty big: 6.55", I found the display of the storage and capacity small...

Actually: SameAction.jpg Idea: SameAction_after.jpg

Tab order

Thanks to the new UI, we are finaly out of these "cards" :love:

But we have earn tab... It's really better but the order is not correct I think.

For the moment, the first open tab is the "Upgrade" tab... But to upgrade a building, we can perform a long click and upgrade it... So it's usefull to have this tab to know the effect of the building (Example, time reduction percent) but it could be better to put it in the last tab.

Actually: TabOrder_before.jpg Idea: TabOrder_after.jpg

Annoying slider :cursing:

I don't know why... I don't want to know why.... I don't want to know who had think to these slider... But please remove these horrible things!

It was everywhere in the application:

• Bet on action
    • Set amount of resources in merchant
    • Set amount of resources in comercial road
    • Put resources to sell
    • Set amount of troops to create
    • Set amount of exchange: Silver -> Gold and Gold -> Silver
    • I think I've missed many of them...

If you have too much resources to send, the step of the slider is horrible and you have to click hundred of time in +/- to set the correct amount. It's a huge waste of time and it's really annoying.

The idea is to replace all of these slider by the same input as the rank in the stats panel...

The one that I think is userfull to keep is to distribute the point to the Hero. The min/max is always the same and the step is one.

Actually: slider_before.jpg Idea: no_slider.jpg

Tooltip to display time to full/empty

It's quite dificult to estimate the time before the storage will be full or empty for crop.

1. The currently store value is approximate example: 113.3k
    2. The storage capacity is not display: we have to sum the storage capacity for each warehouse/granary and sum up
    3. The production/consomption is also round example: -103.2k

The idea is to add a tooltip in the resource bar.

By clicking in a resource you have the time before full/empty storage, just like leaving the mouse in the resource bar in the browser

Actually: Aproximate mental calculation

Idea: Tooltip.jpg

Order incoming/outcoming in Rally point

In the left panel, all incoming/outcoming element is order by arrival date at the top. But in the rally point, the order change it's the order of the element appear (I think by id) and not by arrival time.

Example:

Two persons send resources to me. The farest one send resource first, resources arrive in one hour.

Five minutes later, the seconds player also send resource to me, but it's closer to me and it will take only 20 minuts to join my village.

In the Rally point, the first player (the farest one with resources arrival in 55 minuts) will be display first and then the closet one.

From a technical point of view, the merchant transport id is smaller... But not the arrival time...

Actualy: Un-order by arrival time

Idea: Order it by arrival time, next arrival as first.

Display more than 10 reports

Currently, when we are in the report view, only the 10 last report is display... So when you want to share/review an old report, you can't. Also If you have multiple attack like protecting the kingdoms against ennemies, with hundred of attack at the same moment, you can't read report...

Actually: Only 10 reports is display

Idea: Have the same behaviour than the Rank panel: Possibility to scrool through all of your reports.

Play card game?

Each morning I see the notification to play card game... But I can't click on it...

Could you please add this functionality to play card game with the application?

Actually: Impossible de play card

Idea: Possibility to play card through the application

Incoming attack in Robber camp

Robber camp is almost the best way to earn treasure... But people did not respect the number of wave and incoming attacks.

In the browser, you can see the number of incoming attack for each robber camp... But not in the application... Why?

Actually: you can't know if a robber camp receive attack or not...

Idea: Display it to help us to respect the number of wave/incoming attack

Display panel in the map

I know the map display of the map is really complicated and you have add the Tactical view by zooming out and marker.

But the Panel is not display in the map...

Actually: Panel is not display

Idea: Add panel to the map pasted-from-clipboard.png

Reset sell resource form

When you sell resource in the market you have:

1. Select the resource that want to sell
    2. Set the amount with these annoying slider
    3. Select the resource you want to get
    4. Set the amount also with these annoying slider
    5. Click on sell
    6. An restart because the form is reset!

When you done this 20 times it's at leat 20 minuts...

Actually: Selling resource in market reset for after each send

Idea: Leave the form filled and let us spam the "Sell" button

Do you know Pharo as a programing laguange? 8)

Files

• temp(2).jpg

(60.39 kB, downloaded 3 times, last: )

Dear Kingdoms admin and develloper,

I've perform the update and see many things was corrected and I was using 1.8.8865 version and see different other errors.

I see the Stats and Top 10 working. But I did not see my place if was not in the Top 10 :)

top10 not display own place.jpg

Also the search by Kingdoms name not work. The field says Pseudo and the auto-complete not work...

kingdoms seach not correct.jpg

I've found not a bug related to this version specificaly. This work in IOS but not in the android version.

In the auction panel, the item object not appear. to display the object, I've to click on an auction to know the item name.

It have to be before the quantity to simplify the UI.

Auctions no object name.jpg

On the action panel, I've encounter the same issue than Andy91_DE, some time the game close and get back to the lobby while selling an item. And the filter not work correctly. I've no screen and without item name, It's useless to have it... I think an investiguation in these panel is required...

In messages, when I reply on my computer and open the conversation in my phone, the message is not display as `Send by me`

erreur nom message pc et tel.jpg

I have said in my first post: `I've plenty of idea to improve the UI`. Thanks to my work, I've not manage to get time to do it properly. I'll try to post it this evening.

Thanks a lot to put these effort in the app and good luck to corrects these different bugs :)

Best regards,

Pharo

I've found some other error in the new UI:

• The Header is not set for a WW when it was not released.
    • In the Market building
      • Under `Commercial road`
        • Max quantity
          • The max quantity is based on the current resource in the village. So I can't create a road with 5k if I have not 5k in the warehouse
          • route commercial.jpg
        • Layout problem
          • On this screen, if I click at the bottom, I can select for example the `Dévelloper` panel the layout is buggy
          • route co 2.jpg
    • In the smithy, I've found a strange things
      • Info: I have plus account. I've not try without the Plus account
      • Scenario: Have a troops lv 18. Updagre it to lv 20.
        • The icon is moved to the end but the time is display at two place...
      • research_error.jpg
    • I've not mannage to display the reward given by a `Personal robber`
      • I can't scroll to the bottom. I've a small video for this but I can't put it here...

That sounds awesome. Feel free to open a new thread for this.

I'll do this, but I need to make some explanation... Maybe tomorrow in the morning ;)

Finally I've a security issue in the Lobby on desktop. Without your consent, I'll not explain it publicly. It's not a critical security issue but could be High priority I think.

Thanks agains for your work and good luck to fix the app :)

Again, If you need more informations or elements, please let me know.

Best regards

Pharo

Files

Dear Kingdoms, Application maker, and Kingdoms community,

First thing first, you have perfom a huge work and this show to us the interest you have into this really usefull application.

Also event if my phone is one year old and have really good performances now run smoothly than the previous version.

Thanks a lot and continue on this way.

Device information:

• One Plus 8
    • Android 11
    • Oxygen OS 11.0.5.5.IN21BA
    • Configuration: Full french

Change log:

• The "Finish research NOW" button text is now translated.
      • Not on my device, the "Finish research NOW" is still in english
      • I've blurred information but not the button
      • research now.jpg

Bug in the UI:

• Stats: Not functional at all!
      • Player part:
        • Cannot display any information except for the TOP10

• The Filter by Pseudo did not work -> No name is propose
      • Kingdoms part:
        • Display any information
        • Could not search by kingdoms and the search field display `Pseudo` and not `Kingdoms`
        • stats kingdoms.jpg
      • Both part:
        • The rank display a number
        • Please see the attached video
    • Button is clicked but not clicked...
      • If I open any tab at the bottom, then the top right button is set to clicked...
      • I've blured informations
    • Sometime the UI get to the top while I want to scroll down...
      • In the kingdoms view, on tribute part
      • In the Residence on Culture point part.
        • Also in this Culture point, the Party data is not present...
      • I can share to you different video, but it's difficult to me to hide my game data.. So if you want I can send it to you on a non public way
    • Receiver of personal message
      • Because we can not have a 'Notepad' in the app, I was using the private message to send informations to myself...
      • But when I want to open anew conversation with me as receiver, the app open to me another conversation...
      • I can also share video but cannot edit it to hide important information
    • By clicking in the 'Bell' icon to access to the notification and by clicking on a notification inside, the notification disappear but nothing else happend
      • In the previous version, by doing this on a report, the report tab opened and display the correspondig report
      • Not the notification disappear but the report did not opened...

I've not perform a complete and rigourus test accross the whole application but for a first feedbeck I think it's enought ;)

I've also plenty of suggestion to improve the UI and the informations that can be display by the app.

Should I open a thread or put it below?

Last but not least, thanks you to offer to us the way to help you in improving the application. If you need more informations or to test specific things do not hesitate!

I know the difficulty to create an application for a game, and you have performed a really great work. :thumbup:

Best regards,

Pharo!

Justement la partie Beta vas sûrement servir a tester l'App et remonter les bug avant sa version public.

Maintenant faut jouer le jeux et les aider. Raler c'est bien, construire c'est mieux et Troupper encore mieux!

Bref hâte de tester cette beta d'application et de vous faire des retour. Espérons que les remonté seront pris en compte....

Bon courage !!