Posts by Yangus

Guess you have invested too much in childish UI instead of ensuring a back-end able to handle the number of players.

It does not really help with "scary" heroes and shitty costumes if we cannot play the game. Most of the players in Kingdoms are a bit above 10 years, so the looks does not impress. It seems more and more like you have forgotten your core customer group.

I have played different versions of Travian since the old classic days, T2.5 with no hero, oasis bonus and of course no auction crap was a different game.

The reason for me still being here, is the challenge of strategies, the team work and the nice people I meet here.

In game chatting is gone and replaced by external ways. And that is good as you are not able to support any messaging on this server.

Team work is gone, because you cannot see attacks, cannot ask for or do reinforcement.

Strategy; well, you could say that the main strategy now is to figure out how to log in, how to spend res before an incoming attack and best of, are we able to send away off BEFORE the hit......

Congratulations. I think you finally have made me looking for a more useful hobby.

Yangus

"

Other than the Card Game getting confused with the European winter time and some rare single stopped events, the Halloween Hunt round ran smoothly.:love:

"

This statement Bridget is only beaten by two persons in real life:

Chemical Ali - Iraqi Minister

N.N - American President

:/

We were two seeing the incoming attack. None of us was able to do anything ......

I am pretty sure we will not earn the new achievement.

You will have to come up with a solution, not a badge. Sorry

General problem as I see it. Unable to do anything on app today (iOS).

Very unstable from PC also this evening. Chats are mostly not working. Reports unreadable (can see res but not from which village).

Well, well. To say it works is a bit more positive than I would phrase it.

Cannot read any chats on phone (app).

Cannot find villages to send res in the market place. Have to go via selection on map.

Cannot read/write any chats on PC.

Cannot see reports.

It would have been a decent comparison if the wheels were impacted differently....

Here, some players have no problem and settled second village already, while others of us, is not able to send troops again, etc.

The game is completely unfair and that is decreasing my interest. These first 10 hours are very critical for those of us, having some ambitions....

This has happened to me when I do the following:

1. Building in progress

2. I accidentally click (using a shitty mousepad) on the building in the que-window

3. Drag it out of the building que-window

Then res is not given back and the building order is disappeared.

This is independent of whether the building process is active or it is waiting in the que

Maybe time to recommend your devs to adapt at lest the basic principles of system and SW development.
    Before a new version / revision is launched, it is pretty normal to perform at least a high level regression test.
    - Launch the application (would have got an idea of something wrong already here)
    - Perform one small test of each basic function (upgrade one field, upgrade one building, navigate the map, access the hero, send a raid,..)
    - Perform some more tests on the new functions / changes

I do not understand that a failure to load on an iphone is impossible to find before a new version is released. This sounds like an extreme "last-minute-fix" which is something you never do without at least a regression test. If this is necessary, then you postpone the release until the test is performed. And there isn't really anything time critical on the app. I am no fan of it, but you were able to play (sim) acceptably with it.

I have absolutely no problem to understand that bugs come and go with new versions as they often are the result of a combination of events and activities and thus difficult to find by test, but this one is too easy.
    I have been working on complex development for 20 years so I have seen a fair amount of trouble, but you added another dimension by this one.....

There are a lot of interesting ideas here, which could improve the game for all of us.

I would like to comment on the criticism of the possibilities for having many treasuries in one village. It makes it easier to defend treasures initially, but actually makes it worse later in the game (which I do like!).
    Coming from com6 and as part of the Phoenix group, we ended up having coordinated attacks from 3 kingdoms on WW and our main treasury villages.
    With the amount of treasures we had in these villages, 30-60k, it actually became necessary to treat them as a WW village. You simply cannot afford to loose one of them.
    We lost the server, mainly because we failed on defending one of the treasuries and lost 50k treasures and a huuuuuge amount of VP as we were rank 1.

We had 8-15 sieges on WW + 4 treasury villages (not 100% sure about the number) in addition to a huge number of normal attacks on the same + a few other villages.
    If you believe that it is easy to defend 4 villages against this, then you should take a look at the reports posted elsewhere on the forum. We had quite a few 110k defense in all villages in addition to 1-1.5 million in WW, but lost one battle and then the server.

Even if we lost, I am still a fan of the idea of having many treasuries in one village. It gives attackers more important villages to coordinate on and thus an easier game than just defending WW.

I also do not see that this favors the big metas more than before. We were big enough, but against well coordinated attacks, we did not manage.
    This is a major improvement of the game and encouraged quite much new thinking on strategy. Well done developers!

I have been playing travian for 12 years roughly and one thing has not changed: End Game is boooooooring! Too many players quit in mid and end game.

Speed servers is requiring too much 24/7 activity and I like the pace of normal servers better, but they are too long.

• I think Tier 1 phase is well defined and works perfectly according to the intention. Building up villages, troops and relationships.

• I think Tier 2 phase is too long. A lot of strategic decisions and important work to be done, but mostly for leaders. Please consider cutting it down by 2-3 weeks at least.

• I think Tier 3 (End Game) is meaningless long and totally uninteresting for most players.

The idea would be to cut down building of all infrastructure in the WW village down to 50% (wall, granary, warehouse, GG, GW). Keep the Wonder building times as they are.
    This will reduce the time when, for all but the WW team, players see more or less nothing happening. Seeing on com2 now that players has been quitting for some time already.

I would also like to try and include the kingdom members more in the WW part, in addition to the "crop-calls" and "def calls".

Why don't you develop a counter, visible only for kingdom members, how many minutes left until empty granary in WW. This would give players that never had or seen a WW, some hint about the crop challenge, WITHOUT indicating anything on the def troop count!

This could be supplemented by some alarm-indication, similar to attack-indication, on the urgency of crop supply.

I would also like to see more ideas for involving the members that are not in the WW team. I generally do not believe too much in the importance of spies. they have always been there, will always be there, and I do not really care.
    Please let us make the game even more interesting for the majority instead of adapting it to the few negative elements

I am, as you very tired of the extensive cheating in this game.
    But I think you mix a few things here and a couple of the points, I definitely disagree to.

@1. Haven't read the posts about it, but even if it is a way to get away from attacks, it is hard to claim this as cheating.

@2. Sure agreed but it will not have any impact unless the MH are better trained and given better tools to reveal cheaters.

@3. Again agreed, but it boils down to the tools available. Not everything that looks suspicious from the outside is cheating. Sometimes more activity, better skills or pure luck can be the difference.

@4. Not understood at all. Do you mean that recruiting many players to a kingdom is cheating? If it is multi, yes, please reveal them. Otherwise, I do not see why this is cheating?

@5. If it is use of active sitters within the game rules, this has nothing to do with cheating. Here I assume that it is not multi and then, like it or not, this is allowed. It also only has a limited effect in the very early days. Later this is of little or no value.

@6. Agreed. If players are using bots, then I would like to get rid of them. Some are most likely doing it. I report them and quite often they are banned afterwards. But the game relies on trusting and accepting the decisions of MHs. know several players that claim this is not always correct. I choose to have no opinion. The alternative is to stop playing.

@7. Agreed, and I believe this is done. If some is using multi, then both (or all) of the accounts are banned. Have seen this on several servers recently

@8. Disagree completely! To punish a kingdom / king / duke for acts of a single player, is meaningless. As a player, I have no chance to reveal cheaters normally. I know no means for checking if a player has several accounts, is using bots or cheating in other ways. I can sometimes see some suspicious patterns and then I report them, but to expect that I (if I am a royal) should be responsible for other players actions is just meaningless. In an extreme situation, I could join the enemy kingdom, start illegal activities, multi / bot or whatever, and create penalties for the kingdom.
    If this would be the case, I would quit the game immediately. I take responsibility for myself and no NOT cheat. What others do, is their responsibility.

General, yes this game would be much more interesting if there was less cheating. But please do not turn this into a surveillance nightmare. :thumbdown:

Screenshot by Lightshot

Can we get rid of this message now? :cursing:
    It is incredibly annoying ALWAYS having to wait for this message to disappear.
    I have my own account, playing dual on another server and are sitting a couple of players.

This means that I see this message (and waste the 5 sec) at least 50 to 100 times a day. :sleeping:

It would have been completely normal to have a check box for "Do not show this message again"
    The lobby is consuming enough CPU / time without such additional wait states.

I understand Georgi.
    You did not like my criticism and deleted my post.....

That is the way.
    For those believing that this is fixed: The dual configuration in the lobby is deleted. so I cannot access the account I am dualling for.

Guess you delete this too, or????

I can log in (finally) to my own account on com1.
    But not possible to log in as dual on com6. Then I am prompted for creating a new account.

Not sure that I am really impressed if this is what you manage after having the problems for so long.

It was working acceptably for a few hours this morning, but now back to;
    No chats
    No tribute information
    No kingdom membership information etc

So, is there any news about what is ongoing from your side, or do we just "have to patient as you are doing whatever you can"?

"
    Hi all,

Our developers have managed to identify a few sources of the problems
    and fixed them. They will deliver the hotfix within the next hour.
    It should make the experience better and reduce the problems you're
    experiencing, but they are continuing investigating other possible
    sources for these problems to make sure there are no more issues at all

Regards,
    JJ
    "
    That was 11 hours ago and I really must pay my respect to you.
    Now it is not anymore possible to get in. Have tried for 15 minutes, but no chance. If you provide more improvements now, then I have played my last game.
    I am only dual on the king account on one of the more successful kingdoms on com6. It sure will not have any impact to the server if we call it the day......

A small advise JJ; when nothing is working and the only change the last week is that it has gone from bad to totally useless, then you should stop talking about "less than ideal situation". That only pisses me really off completely.
    Freeze this server until you have fixed it and in the meanwhile, you can start by compensating FULLY the gold that the players have spent on this test server.

And it gets worse during the day.
    Sometimes I have to refresh 5-6 time in order to be able to do anything.

It would not have been very expensive for you to give a gold sale as some compensation for the bad performance now.