Posts by Renuo#EN

Why not? What is the point in building a big hammer if you cannot feed it? It is not the resources which holds you back while building the biggest hammer possible. It is your ability to feed it. That is why some teutons prefer axes over clubs. Yes, clubs are stronger when compared (keep in mind: they build faster than axes), but you have to build so much more of them. Same for romans: building EI or EC will simply depend on your ability to feed those EC.

Feeding in TK is trivial..

When ranking on a great spot in a server is imminent you might "sell" a dual spot just for the medal.
    They do deserve recognition but if you don't do it correctly it's like a participation medal which not only ruins the worth of it for the one getting it but also downplays the value of those who earn their medals.

The first bit is really unlikely, I can't foresee this being a thing at all. I
    n any case to your next point about participation medals, there are already a damn lot of players that didn't do squat on a server getting medals for winning as it is - it's not like we remove their medals for only having a few villages and 10k troops that never did anything but hit robbers all server round.

Totally off topic, so shoot me.

Mayo. I saw that army in your signature and I just want to congratulate you on more than 6 months of rams built on a Kingdoms server. The first Kingdom's server I played was open beta and one of the best rammers I saw had 4k built with an account of only 5 cities. I just wish that you could have had a better opponent to send those rams against and maybe a building strength arti to face as well!

I will shoot you, but its because I did all the work for it :P

Hey mate :)

Even in a 50 player kingdom you can probably get 20 villages into kingdom influence if its a top2-3 kingdom.

Your effective coverage can be easily close to 24/7, but you will need the right help.

Doubt any tribe gets a win on merchants, its all a bit of a muchness really.

Roman treasury is not ideal if you want to consider min/max. The crop effectiveness is no different for a duke/king to a governor.

Teuton is certainly not the best farmer (have you seen the stats on the other off cav??), but it is the best (/only real ideal choice) for aggressive farming of actives.

Well you might recall with 4k a certain kingdom comfortably covered 4 WW (and lost, but still its potential is huge).

10k is good, it means you can reasonably cover 2 WW regions if you have a strong kingdom, but you can't paint the map.

This one somehow got significantly worse than the previous two??

I only agree with having a dedicated robber killer.. that is it..

Will concur with Be2-e4, you do not city for CP.

The city spam in this game is incredible and really boggles my mind, has nobody though it through at all?

Two biggest reasons to make a city:

1. You need a ditch for your capital (as defender this means 1 location - different if you are duke/king)

2. You want to access GB and GS (primarily for offensive players)

If you are trying to rush CP slots faster for your first 3-4 slots 'citying' your capital quickly - which you will need to do anyway (oops you would need to suicide settle for this) will let you celebrate at 500cp early on.

Other notes on your key headings:

- Troops are far more important to your survival than hiding everything

- Yes oasis are useful but are not your sole reason for producing troops

- Waiting for a grey to found your future capital is a sure way to be irrelevant entire game

- If you are primary def gaul in a kingdom and intend to be useful to the kingdom you should care a lot less about your oasis bonuses and more about where to position for your kingdom

- Unless it is early and you are scaring raiders away from your secondary villages you should not be focusing on defending your side villages (investing trappers and walls for side villages is an enormous waste regardless of day 5 or day 55)

- 3 gaul crannies to protect side villages when you have trade routes is a waste of building time and resources. Building crannies is ideally reactionary.

- Key defensive gauls (or any tribe) train troops in MOST villages if not all.

- Smithy is to be in action at all times you can afford it (afford it means have at least 24 hour queues up).

Because you will only have to upgrade 1 smithy and 1 smithy only. To affect your entire army.

Gaul is the only faction which can produce defensive troops from both cav stables and inf barracks at the same time

Great army, you will have maybe 1/5 to that of defenders that played properly.

Second part of the quote is too bad to even comment on.

I don't see any hammer for dukes in 3x in the post yet, while for some 1x i see hammers noted for kings, dukes and governers :)

My understanding is that the only distinction is those that receive tributes (king/duke) and those that don't.

Happy to stand corrected though.

No, this is a terrible train of thought truly believed by far too many in the community.

Troops are critically important from your first village.
    I keep seeing it everywhere, just building villages up and have no army - you're just building up someone else resource gain not your own (or not providing enough def for your team, and once your kingdom gets cracked you're all farms anyway).

And if you intend to play pure offensively while also not significantly raiding you're already making a huge mistake.
    Beginners aren't having small armies all round because they didn't sim properly. That is last in the list for sure.

There are very good reasons to limit your population.
    Population is honestly the most useless statistic in this game, and the fact that it provides you your key rank in-game leads to a lot of wasteful efforts and misleads beginners entirely.

Simming is certainly not the most important aspect of this game.
    Building the rights things at the right time, particularly early is important yes, but building for population and CP alone is wasteful.