I don't understand why the unit cap is such a big deal.
If you have a 200 pop limit then the chances are slim that someone can actually train and/or sustain enough troops to cause problems.
If we add a limit to its usage, 1x, plus 1x every time your king goes inactive, then hit and runs aren't possible anymore. It is already very unlikely due to the 12h no-attack restrictions.
The 200 pop limit is evadable, just have some 'friend' cata you till you are below 200 pop and move around. These accounts mostly are multi accounts so they wont care the minus crop prod and if the acc gets banned eventually.
They should also punish the kingdoms/groups who benefit from it.
Certain ppl will do anything to exploit every little detail that isn't closed.
What a pixel medal is worth... xD
For me, I think the 2 main issues around menhir are
- It's gets abused in the early game, by players menhiring accounts into their borders, to then kick and farm (to enhance their own/main account)
- Later in the game after an account has had time to establish a decent amount of troops to then demo their other villages & jump around the map & attack unprepared kingdoms.
So to fix the first issue, make either keep the fields and do away with the res packages, then a 400k raid potential between the 2 accounts cannot happen, or make it that if the account menhirs & their fields are lost, then their pop will be under 200 again and the rest of their 7 days BP comes back into play & their res packages are not ever "farm-able income" and can only be invested back into the menhired account.
the 2nd issue is a more complex, but maybe the cool-down needs to be longer the older the server is? or troop restricted, say like if you are about to have a certain amount of troops then you get a warning "it won't be possible to menhir any more" same as it now does if you're about to reach 200 pop.
I think an "age of the account" restriction on menhir is also a possible solution for this, if your kingdom falls after 3 months of playing, then sometimes that's the sad reality of War & you just have to accept it and make a new path for yourself from your current position. But it would stop those currently abusing it from gaining an advantage from by doing so.
1) Menhir has made it too easy for abusers to teleport over their 'friends' that suddenly turn into great farms ( how convenient! ). Also menhir provides for a way for ppl to hunt down certain players/kingdoms if wanted, the amount of 'menhir kings' with low prestige are insane and they're obvious.
We've had situations where a opposing kingdom landed close to the ww we were aiming for, and when we had some of their key players isolated they simply menhired away... In a game thats about war and fighting, this easy early option to disengage is lame.
2) That is what happening atm, players build up a accounts with 4-5 villages. Then in 1 night 3-4 villages get all friendly chiefed by prepared multi accounts that 'holds they villages' till they can menhir back and rechief them.
Not to even mention that on the testx3 that got closed too early, players still did this on ww launch day. Imagine you build up 44 days for a ww setup to find out ppl can just menhir literally next to you when you could be asleep.
So in my opinion suitable options are :
- Limit menhir to 1 time, everytime after you get troop wiped.
- Limit menhir to account age
- Limit menhir to troop count
- Limit menhir to pop
- Limit menhir to BP
- Make res from res packages not farmable
- Remove menhir ( i mean you could test it on a server that is specially for testing? Lol )
- Give menhir a big cooldown
- Remove the option to send a reinforcement after relocation ( just like you cant attack. This gives ppl 4-8h to freely destroy any abuser).
- Limit menhir to world age.
Most ideally would be a combination of some of these things.