Posts by Railgunz

A quote by Jallu I couldn't agree more with. It appeared when this thread popped up in the Suggestions subforum.

My replies to this:

"Total time to raise the Main Building to level 20

in T4.4 = 70:27:20 - http://travian.wikia.com/wiki/Main_building

in T:K = 121:08:15 - http://wiki.kingdoms.travian.c…ex.php?page=Main+Building

You would be correct. Huge advantage to Gold users.

This probably applies to nearly every other building, too. But I haven't checked."

2nd:

"So obvious, it hurts. Over 18 hours to upgrade the main building by one level just to lower the other building times by a couple of % is ridiculous.

The difference between T4.4 and T:K to raise the Main Building is just more than an extra 2 days.

A whole weekday is needed of non-stop building to raise the Main Building to level 20 in T:K.

I want to look at other building times now, just to compare."

---

So yeah, is this really necessary to have such massive building times at later levels? A whole extra 2 days on top of what it took in T4.4 to raise it to 20. Not to mention the increase in resources needed to actually level the thing up.

So in short, it takes about two-thirds longer (from 3 days to 5 days) for a level 20 main building, and the resource costs are also increased significantly.

I would check and compare other buildings too, but I've not got the time.

What's the deal with this, devs? What's the rationale for such massive increases in building upgrade times and costs? I'd like a discussion.

So obvious, it hurts. Over 18 hours to upgrade the main building by one level just to lower the other building times by a couple of % is ridiculous.

The difference between T4.4 and T:K to raise the Main Building is just more than an extra 2 days.

A whole weekday is needed of non-stop building to raise the Main Building to level 20 in T:K.

I want to look at other building times now, just to compare.

I'm going to make a new topic in a more visible forum section about this.

I'm so happy I don't care much about items

As the server continues, the hero inventory will eventually become more and more cluttered for everyone. I think a lot of people would appreciate a sort option - or at least the ability to slot items around as they please without swapping them.

Please let us SLOT the hero items BETWEEN other items in the inventory. The SWAP method is very tedious.

When you have new items and want to place them next to the others of their kind, you have to literally swap everything into place until it's as you like it.

Please do this.

Otherwise, give us a SORT option, so that helmets, shoes, consumables, etc. get placed next to each other automatically.

Just a quality of life improvement, really. But in my opinion, much needed, too.

If you're not willing to spend $30 on a game that takes up over half of a year, then I think your priorities are a little mixed up... I'm not a heavy gold spender, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with paying even $50 for a game like this. Plenty of people play $60 or $70 for console games that they play a few times a week for a half a year.

I don't disagree with you. I spend money both on this and League of Legends.

To use the farmlist feature properly, you need to keep Plus active for as long as you want to use the list. 10 for free but 100 for a small cost is a huge advantage in any situation. I'd have thought they could give at least 20 for free, since even that would be filled up by any light raider. It's poor.

Nope,that's me on delete.
    Forcing me to buy travian plus so I can farm more than 10 players pppppfffffffffftttttttt bye

I'm gonna have to agree with this. 10 villages in a farm list is poor.

I suppose you could organise several farmlists for different types of villages, e.g. inactive north, inactive south, distant farms, near farms, etc. but that's a hell of a lot more effort.

During the first 7 days, I focus on just a few things:

- Getting all fields to level 5, then eventually one of each field type to level 7, upgrading the warehouse enough to hold the full capacity of the rewards
    - Completing quests where the reward is larger than the cost of completion
    - Training enough troops to take resources from robber hideouts after the hero has cleared it by himself. Sometimes I send the troops with the hero if I have enough
    - Keep focusing on field levels, followed by troops and barracks level
    - Stay at 199 population and do nothing but train troops until protection ends. Sometimes I leave early if I think I have enough troops or get bored.
    - I got bored with doing nothing but troop training and not raiding with over 50 hours of protection left, so I then started focusing on getting all my fields to level 7, and warehouse big enough to hold all the rewards for field leveling and troop training.

I had 780 Gold from closed beta, so that was good. Bought the starter package, and used the bandages to help with troop deaths early on against robber hideouts and ointments to keep the hero alive when he was going to die just before leveling up - since leveling your hero brings his health to 100%.

Alongside raiding, I've gotten all fields to 7 and one of each to 10. However this also means I've also delayed my 2nd village, but that's worked itself out.

I think the amount of free space on the map should be about 50% wider than the area that's already been spawned into.

So if players have spawned 100 tiles away from the centre, the radius of the border should expand out to 150 tiles, giving plenty of space for others to settle further out if they wish.

Right now I see no more than 10-20 tiles free between the map border and the newest accounts.

I actually think making a city before second village is more efficient than settling unless you have a really good cropper near by. When i uppgrade to a city i will be producing what 800 CP/day when other people are still struggling with just 300 CP/day production, also my small parties and paintings will be more effective. After that i will go for chiefs and get a natar cropper, most of the people are racing for a free cropper when theres hundreds of natar croppers free to chief and i'll save the time upping fields to 10 :rolleyes:

Me and lbobl have been trying out different strategies since we started playing T5/TK, after fis servers it was easy to say that fastest way to unlock third and fourth CP slot was to make a city first!

It's too late for me this round, but in future if I do find myself spawned pretty close to natar villages, I'll be giving this a shot.

I would advise against founding cities until you are at least satisfied with the number of villages you have already settled.

Personally, I tend to found a city after I've settled 4 villages, then settle more villages before founding a second city.

More advice: Do not make your capital a city early in the game. Because you are already able to raise fields past level 10 in a capital, it would be redundant to make it a city simply for the extra culture points.