Posts by Railgunz

No offense to the folks that played the closed beta, but very few of them are real Travian players. Activity and time does not make you great. I don't think we can use the Closed Beta as any measurement of the potential of future servers.

How many of the people in this open server are "real" Travian players? Define "real Travian players".

What you fail to see is that many of the Samurai wings are eventually going to be merged into one, maybe two, alliances. What you see are simply placeholders.

This will be made possible as kings abdicate/are removed from the current Samurai alliance, and permanent Samurai kings expand and take the place of smaller kings.

Something needs to be improved here. I posted a thread in Questions because I somehow missed this subforum, but this is what I said:

All these different kingdom and alliance chats getting started to announce/show something important, but we can't delete any of them like we can with personal 1 on 1 conversations, so the list of chats just gets longer and longer.

Mildly annoying when you have to scroll right to the bottom to get to a chat that people are using.

On that note, I really miss the newsletters function. It got the needed message out to everyone, and this would also mean we could easily stick to a single alliance and kingdom chat, as it was in closed beta.

Also, I would like to suggest a tick-box and delete option on the main chat HUD. When you have 20+ individual chats open and you want to get rid of them to make space for the 20 alliance and kingdom chats that have been created, it's really redundant needing to click on the top-right arrow of each conversation just to delete it.

So yeah, my complaint is the chat is currently too messy, and it's either a pain or impossible to tidy up. Please do something about it.

Summary of my suggestions:
    - Tick-box function on the list of open chats, with a delete option at the bottom/top/wherever.
    - One kingdom chat room, and one alliance chat room only.
    - Bring back newsletters so that we can relay information to all members without cluttering the chat with more alliance/kingdom conversations.

I dislike clutter.

All these different kingdom and alliance chats getting started to announce/show something important, but we can't delete any of them like we can with personal 1 on 1 conversations, so the list of chats just gets longer and longer.

Mildly annoying when you have to scroll right to the bottom to get to a chat that people are using.

On that note, I really miss the newsletters function. It got the needed message out to everyone, and this would also mean we could easily stick to a single alliance and kingdom chat, as it was in closed beta.

Also, I would like to suggest a tick-box and delete option on the main chat HUD. When you have 20+ individual chats open and you want to get rid of them to make space for the 20 alliance and kingdom chats that have been created, it's really redundant needing to click on the top-right arrow of each conversation just to delete it.

So yeah, my complaint is the chat is currently too messy, and it's either a pain or impossible to tidy up. Please do something about it.

Summary of my suggestions:
    - Tick-box function on the list of open chats, with a delete option at the bottom/top/wherever.
    - One kingdom chat room, and one alliance chat room only.
    - Bring back newsletters so that we can relay information to all members without cluttering the chat with more alliance/kingdom conversations.

I dislike clutter.

If an oasis is out of range of your kingdom's influence, you will be unable to annex it for yourself. Oases also give influence for the kingdom it is owned by, so chaining them is a good strategy to take large areas of land.

Of course the downside is, the further away an oasis of yours is, the harder it becomes to defend it.

This is so true Dan but most people meet Travian Kingdoms for the first time here. For those of us coming from Aplha, Beta & FIS it is a different story. We had the chance to test and play this version a lot and we understand more. My suggestion for new players is to try both roles. No matter what they started for they should switch at some point to see and understand every aspect of the game. This might not be the best way for a succesfull game (in order to win the server) but on the other hand we are still in Beta so testing and experimenting is the point again I guess.

In this case, it's up to us to let the new guys know how things work before someone does something they may later regret. I think it's ok to advise against so many kings.
    New players who are kings should soon realise how things work when other kingdoms begin to disappear, making room for other kings to expand their kingdoms.

I am a government and all i want to do is revolt to king right now. lol.

I've played both king and governor. Trust me, you will want to stay as governor, especially if you have no plan and are nearby other well-founded alliances/kingdoms.

On top of that, Kings only have 24 hours of beginner's protection. If you started when the servers opened, you will lose your protection immediately and will probably get hit by other kings.

Stay a governor, pick an alliance you like the looks of, ask to join, and settle around where there are many of them.

There are a few things about it that are nice, the non loading is a great update etc. etc... The issue is the mobile version is completely garbage. I have played Travian for years almost completely on my phone without a mobile version and I thought it was great! My advice to the developers: If you want to make a lightweight little app thing that's fine, but at least make it an option to play the full version on a mobile device like most legitimate players do. If this is not an option I and many others simply will not play Travian Kingoms

On that note, if you are using Firefox on mobile/tablet, you can check a box called something like "request desktop site" in the options so it will load the normal version, and not the mobile version.

Just be aware that the desktop version is really resource-heavy, so something like my sh!tty little Galaxy SII struggles to run it quickly and efficiently.