Posts by Randalthor

Soooo... In a nutshell.... Some people want all duals to be able to sit for player the account hold sits for. This basically turns a solo account holder into a power house with 3-4 players sitting account around the clock. That would give the few powerhouse accounts even more power.

Casual players don't have much of a problem because troop count is usually low and that makes hideouts weaker....
    For players who are active and use gold.... They have scaled the robber hideouts with the intent to make gold buyers buy more gold.
    This was heavily mentioned on the 1st beta launch how many gov we're getting larger robber attacks than the kings from players.

A quick and easy fix would be to scale robber attacks on a bell curve....
    Attacks get stronger quickly during beginning, then plateau and start to get weaker as you continue to clear. If you miss a clear, then it starts the bell curve again based on some fancy formula to scale it.
    This would make it fun, reward active players, still demolish in-actives and turn the focus back to player vs player with robber hideouts just spicing it up a little!

- - - Updated - - -

Hero thread was also talking about robber hideouts.

Usefulness is really minimal IMO. Vast majority of def is infantry based. Few Teutons make spears these days, so it really only comes into play for robber hideouts and was a minor inconvenience considering the work involved to make a new calc like that. Just assuming, if it's easy, then wonderful, but it's still just a minor annoyance IMO. An annoyance mentioned in previous servers also, but again I'm assuming it wasn't added because it's not a quick or cheap fix,

Barracks at top of middle..... Then stables..... Then workshop...... Non movable rubble is a huge annoyance to so many players. Stop trolling us.... You had your fun, please make the bad stuff go away.
    Player dynamics include people who don't need the fancy real time graphics like WoW. They like numbers, strategies.... Critical thinking. Lastly, ORGANIZATION..... Without that, you can't balance 10 villages efficiently.

Casual players don't have much of a problem because troop count is usually low and that makes hideouts weaker....
    For players who are active and use gold.... They have scaled the robber hideouts with the intent to make gold buyers buy more gold.
    This was heavily mentioned on the 1st beta launch how many gov we're getting larger robber attacks than the kings from players.

A quick and easy fix would be to scale robber attacks on a bell curve....
    Attacks get stronger quickly during beginning, then plateau and start to get weaker as you continue to clear. If you miss a clear, then it starts the bell curve again based on some fancy formula to scale it.
    This would make it fun, reward active players, still demolish in-actives and turn the focus back to player vs player with robber hideouts just spicing it up a little!

Ok, so I'll re-emphasize my earlier post. comx has about 100 active players with 31% WW in lead.
    I'm sure most even have auto resources to WW and log in once or twice a day just to chat basically.
    The WW ending is really killing the game as most have stopped playing and find the whole build up a waste of time.
    Fix the end game so no WW.... That means no super Defense in 1 place.... That means you don't need massive hammers to do damage. That means you have many more players who stay active because they can contribute.
    The biggest pro of the WW end game currently is the fixed ending timeline.... So keep that and announce a race for the crown.... Most treasures at end of race wins.... 30-60 days would be a blast. Speed server timeframe btw.

Just a suggestion for End Game... I've played since travian 2.5 and seen a lot of different playing styles. One of the best Ally I was in said in skype "Winning the WW race is a war of attrition", meaning whatever ally has the least # of major players quit usually wins. My suggestion would be....

1st, a set timer of 30 days for final phase of server to Crown the King.
    2nd, take out WW's and instead have the winner be the Ally with the most treasures.
    3rd, Increase ally size to 5 kingdoms and have dukes to only 5 per kingdom. This in my opinion would create more attacks on players / more def calls in kingdoms and ally's and an overall sense of action for the final 30 days.
    Lastly, I would like to see a siege of dukes ability.... meaning "2 dukes" from the same kingdom may join in a siege against another king (Only against another king).

To make it fair with the 30 day timeline.... you could also place a certain mark for treasures.... so if you reach xxxxx amount, then you win to prevent everyone from waiting until the final hour.

This would definitely even the playing field when trying to attack super Metas that IMO turn the game into sim city. Please let me know what you guys and ladies think.

That makes perfect sense if the calculations are run that way, but I didn't think they were supposed too. If I have imp attack clubbies.... that shouldn't make them be able to kill the imps and get better at attacking cavalry. Logically speaking... the clubbies being better in def against infantry should def against infantry and the losses should be % based with the infantry having more loses. Instead I lost 11 infantry and 17 EI.... so this current formula used the bonus of infantry in the opposite way and killed a higher % cavalry.... which they are supposed to be weaker against.
    It's the higher EI loses vs relative low Imp losses I found as a bug. I would expect high Imp loses and maybe only save 1 or 2 EI.... but not low Imp losses and even higher EI losses.

1st snip is when I attacked with EI only. 16 EI will die and hero loses 1% health.
    2nd snip is when I attacked with EI and added 2k imps... 17 EI will die with 11 imps dead and hero loses 1% health.
    In summary... If I add 2k imps.... More EI die and imps die with no benefit to hero health.

When villages delete from a farm list.... If you click on the farm list to send all from the Farm list overview.... It will list the amount of troops needed to include all deleted farms. If you click on the farm list and then click "Select All" It lists the correct troops. But this is very frustrating when playing on a phone and it shows red.... then I have to look how many troops I have in village overview / stationed troops in this village (different section on phone) and see if I have enough based on what I remember the actual amount needed for the farm list is......
    I'm also tired and don't feel like churching up my words.

Thanks,

Rand

I've had to modify my game play for robber hideouts and now have plenty of reinforcements and a full blown Zoo. That way I can defend the Robber attack and then catch them during the next attack..... because they are to powerful even at half strength to be honest. Now that I've started this strategy.... I'm getting less than half the Robber hideouts, because these stay and overall I'm +Resources in regards to troops lost/stopping my raiding.
    Again.... I love the Idea of Robber Hideouts, but It should not be such a game changer and I shouldn't be focusing on Robber Hideouts instead of Players.

From a player that is much larger than me in population and started (same day) on the server..... sooooo.... her robber hideouts are 1/5 the size of mine....... So again.... the Calculations are way off and defiantly not based on production /server age. If they are supposed to be.... well, then I found a bug.

oversized?
    [10:22:07 AM] xxxxxx mine have like 150 imperians and 50 ei and 50 legios
    [10:22:07 AM] xxxxxx: lol

I'm so happy you pointed that out.... If i'm going to lose sleep or have to worry about incoming attacks so I can counter attack..... It shouldn't be AI.... It should be actual players. Huge fail on that point imo. If i'm off base on this.... please, everyone correct me.

So I recently became a top 10 attacker of the week. I unfortunately lost a lot of troops. The problem I have is that after the losses, this new hideout appeared and would cost me over 70k resources = troops. The only conclusion I have is that it's scaled based off of your max troops achieved and not your current troop totals. The Robber Hideouts attack way to often..... I would understand 1 every 3 days or so.... but I'm getting attacked every 1-2 days and losing way to many troops. So my biggest question is.... Am I playing against players or the Robber Hideouts? BTW.... My hero is 20% attack and 7300 attack power with tier 2 weapon.

I pretty much think everything about the rally point is over complicated and ineffective.
    Using the scrolling instead of pages prevented me from being able to cancel a couple attacks I messed up on because it took forever to load and figure out where the attacks were mixed in with my all my raids.
    It should be broken into pages just like before..... much simpler and more effective.... You know roughly what page it's on based on time and can quickly navigate that way.
    You should be able to sort between real attacks and raids..... 99.999999% of the time I'm wanting to cancel something is when cata's are involved and they are usually attacks. Or maybe have another tab for recent troop sends.... with cancel option.
    I want a link to my farm list without having to open up the village center and then rally point..... I spend so much time there.... it's just pointlessly annoying.

That's all my frustration vented for now.

Rand