Posts by Randalthor

Soooo... In a nutshell.... Some people want all duals to be able to sit for player the account hold sits for. This basically turns a solo account holder into a power house with 3-4 players sitting account around the clock. That would give the few powerhouse accounts even more power.

Casual players don't have much of a problem because troop count is usually low and that makes hideouts weaker....
    For players who are active and use gold.... They have scaled the robber hideouts with the intent to make gold buyers buy more gold.
    This was heavily mentioned on the 1st beta launch how many gov we're getting larger robber attacks than the kings from players.

A quick and easy fix would be to scale robber attacks on a bell curve....
    Attacks get stronger quickly during beginning, then plateau and start to get weaker as you continue to clear. If you miss a clear, then it starts the bell curve again based on some fancy formula to scale it.
    This would make it fun, reward active players, still demolish in-actives and turn the focus back to player vs player with robber hideouts just spicing it up a little!

- - - Updated - - -

Hero thread was also talking about robber hideouts.

Usefulness is really minimal IMO. Vast majority of def is infantry based. Few Teutons make spears these days, so it really only comes into play for robber hideouts and was a minor inconvenience considering the work involved to make a new calc like that. Just assuming, if it's easy, then wonderful, but it's still just a minor annoyance IMO. An annoyance mentioned in previous servers also, but again I'm assuming it wasn't added because it's not a quick or cheap fix,

Barracks at top of middle..... Then stables..... Then workshop...... Non movable rubble is a huge annoyance to so many players. Stop trolling us.... You had your fun, please make the bad stuff go away.
    Player dynamics include people who don't need the fancy real time graphics like WoW. They like numbers, strategies.... Critical thinking. Lastly, ORGANIZATION..... Without that, you can't balance 10 villages efficiently.

Casual players don't have much of a problem because troop count is usually low and that makes hideouts weaker....
    For players who are active and use gold.... They have scaled the robber hideouts with the intent to make gold buyers buy more gold.
    This was heavily mentioned on the 1st beta launch how many gov we're getting larger robber attacks than the kings from players.

A quick and easy fix would be to scale robber attacks on a bell curve....
    Attacks get stronger quickly during beginning, then plateau and start to get weaker as you continue to clear. If you miss a clear, then it starts the bell curve again based on some fancy formula to scale it.
    This would make it fun, reward active players, still demolish in-actives and turn the focus back to player vs player with robber hideouts just spicing it up a little!

Ok, so I'll re-emphasize my earlier post. comx has about 100 active players with 31% WW in lead.
    I'm sure most even have auto resources to WW and log in once or twice a day just to chat basically.
    The WW ending is really killing the game as most have stopped playing and find the whole build up a waste of time.
    Fix the end game so no WW.... That means no super Defense in 1 place.... That means you don't need massive hammers to do damage. That means you have many more players who stay active because they can contribute.
    The biggest pro of the WW end game currently is the fixed ending timeline.... So keep that and announce a race for the crown.... Most treasures at end of race wins.... 30-60 days would be a blast. Speed server timeframe btw.

Just a suggestion for End Game... I've played since travian 2.5 and seen a lot of different playing styles. One of the best Ally I was in said in skype "Winning the WW race is a war of attrition", meaning whatever ally has the least # of major players quit usually wins. My suggestion would be....

1st, a set timer of 30 days for final phase of server to Crown the King.
    2nd, take out WW's and instead have the winner be the Ally with the most treasures.
    3rd, Increase ally size to 5 kingdoms and have dukes to only 5 per kingdom. This in my opinion would create more attacks on players / more def calls in kingdoms and ally's and an overall sense of action for the final 30 days.
    Lastly, I would like to see a siege of dukes ability.... meaning "2 dukes" from the same kingdom may join in a siege against another king (Only against another king).

To make it fair with the 30 day timeline.... you could also place a certain mark for treasures.... so if you reach xxxxx amount, then you win to prevent everyone from waiting until the final hour.

This would definitely even the playing field when trying to attack super Metas that IMO turn the game into sim city. Please let me know what you guys and ladies think.

I pretty much think everything about the rally point is over complicated and ineffective.
    Using the scrolling instead of pages prevented me from being able to cancel a couple attacks I messed up on because it took forever to load and figure out where the attacks were mixed in with my all my raids.
    It should be broken into pages just like before..... much simpler and more effective.... You know roughly what page it's on based on time and can quickly navigate that way.
    You should be able to sort between real attacks and raids..... 99.999999% of the time I'm wanting to cancel something is when cata's are involved and they are usually attacks. Or maybe have another tab for recent troop sends.... with cancel option.
    I want a link to my farm list without having to open up the village center and then rally point..... I spend so much time there.... it's just pointlessly annoying.

That's all my frustration vented for now.

Rand

As of today, No matter how I do it.... If I don't spend gold and buy ointments for hero to Hero smash..... I even out with resources. There is no gain at all unless I spend gold to buy ointments and buckets..... So the Robber Hideouts are actually at this point so overpowered for so little resources as a Roman.... That it only benefits Tuetons and Gold users.
    Very dissappointed in the strength of camp to resource gain of the Hideouts.
    I've taken into account removing hero horse.... I have imperian sword and imperitus sword.

Village details
    Owner
    Robber
    Tribe Gauls
    You can raid robber hideouts in order to receive resources and to find stolen goods.
    Loot
    **6389‬‬ **5092‬‬ **6533‬‬ **4708‬‬ 3
    Troops
    **59‬‬
    **141‬‬
    -
    **83‬‬
    **50‬‬
    - - - - - -

I like the new chat system now that it's working.... but please have mercy on us and let us delete conversations. I have no idea who said what where and most of my chat log is "Ally Chat" that someone else started as a new thread. So I have a ton of different Ally Chat threads and it's insanely annoying. 40+ different threads right now that I can't delete or merge..... very very annoying.

Just a quick response to why I took the time to write the Post.... how many instruction booklets does the average gamer read? I would venture to guess 95% or greater of all players do not read the instruction booklet prior to playing. The Wiki page is the instruction booklet. Now while I find it useful, several of the above items are not even explained in the Wiki page. The Tutorial should be inviting, take the complicated game and explain it simply while providing more in-depth info if players wish. Currently, the tutorial does not do this. I Venture to guess many of the villages around the 100-200 pop i'm finding all over the map are from players who found the game to complicated to really enjoy. If the game is a chore to play, and you can't figure everything out.... you go to a different game.

It should just be automated. If you want a delay when it's sent to your city.... fine, but needing to collect is very annoying especially when playing on mobile phone..... I can see this as being extremely annoying once I have more villages and more oasis per village. Worthless, Pointless, Needless time sink with no benefit whatsoever.

I am beginning to lose count how many times I'm clicking away and get a report later that I've reinforced someone or that my troops have been attacked.
    I also kill many many troops of about 2-3 clubbies on average which I assume did the same thing.
    My proposal is that Raid or Attack should be the default for sending troops to any village as most troop actions are raids and or attacks.
    Annoyance level is very very high.

1st... After completing the tutorial... I felt completely overwhelmed... did not retain all the bombardment of information.... and I'm still trying to figure how things work.
    2nd. The relationship between Gov-King is so complicated and nothing is explained.... basically the reason kings are targeted over gov's is because of treasures.... but that is never explained.
    3rd. A quest should be included for entering the combat simulator from a scouting report.
    4th. A link to more information on the quest topic should be included upon completion of every quest..... (Links to relevant section of Blog or Forum Post). Everyone wants more info on different topics... this would solve that problem easily.
    5th. Oasis and influence gained by kings should be covered in Gov tutorial.... If you are with a king you like.... you might want to defend the oasis right next to you.
    6th. Oasis can't gain influence from Gov even if you own it.
    7th. What needs to be lvl 10 to own a 2nd oasis?
    Or just include a link explaining all the stuff about Oasis in the Oasis quest.
    8th. Add a quest to upgrade a unit and briefly explain how the upgrade now shows the benefits per unit prior to upgrading.
    9th. Changing the village name should definitely be in the village overview section and not the main building.... that was a hot topic for a few players.... "Where do I Edit my Village name" even though it says it in the quest... no need to make things complicated.

Lastly.... Having links for more Relevant information (not just the blog or forum home page) attached to the completion of quest would solve so so many problems with figuring things out.... I do think the UI needs a make-over to simplify/consolidate features... but that's another topic.