Posts by Cincinnati

What I would like is that the developers/animators or whoever they are that run this whole thing, would seek out talented people who have ideas of improving the gameplay and try incorporating them into actually making the game better. Dont have an exact say, but to me it seems, that Travian games have gathered a playerbase of tech minded people so im pretty sure there are some who have a clue of all the ones and zeroes that make the magic happen as well. Plus people who have been playing a lot might have come up with some ideas what they would like to be improved on.

For example Im thinking of around 3 big ways travian could get more enganging off the top of my head:

1. Make challenges ..That one is kinda being handled in the form of forum quests, shiny badges and tutorial part of the game and partly answers the problem thats asked about in this thread. Personally i would like the vibe of helping along unexperienced players and make this sometimes tedious, unnerving or confusing game a bit better and earn a more experienced competitors and a healthy forum life in return. Matchmaking is a great thread imo and is a step in the right direction...only a little badge is missing still of getting 24h coverage with international dualing trio :thumbsup:

Maybe whats missing on that area is decent guides with pictures of important stages in village and more through explanation of all the different strategies a player can take...oh right thats in the blog section so not sure what more is there to for training beginners and make it good experience for them..

!F only 1 could make some tournament or challenges section in the lobby

...Oh wait I can in the forum 8o

2. The Big One imho is players tweaking maps by open-sourcing that part of the game... and let them set their own terrain they can fight on.

Mist is a great add and shows theres a lot more that can be done on the map part of the game.

!F only 1 could design maps of clustered mountains with tight and dangerous valleys and elsewhere dark woods, lushious cropfields or clay caves :love:

((id like to see it evolve in some weird starcraftian type gameplay direction where all the building and fighting happens simultaneously, but in travian pace))

3.have some rounds with player advised rules...so no one can finally point the fingers and accuse the kingdoms team of bad management <3

!F only 1 could choose the Natar tribe and play against all the server:evil:

...+1 that Might be appealing to people who like limited gold idea is some kind of server reservation .:/ ......and probably will help the huge number of player attendance lag issues

..!F only 1 could run tournaments that people earn back some of the gold putten in servers, then Im sure they will get more excited about kingdoms 8)

If there is a bored player who wants to share the dread of x5 and knows how to npc crop well, then im looking for a dual in a solid progress account.

it works....only thing is that you cant abdicate from being king before out of BP

I dont think finding heroes is the only reason...the main reason would be to make it easier to do these tedious clicking actions on big parts of the map. Taking into account how much time this game tends to take out of peoples days it´s only morally right to make things smoother imo.

Cats in farm list too...why not

So according to iCnut, testing out ways to cheat makes you less of a noob..Go on now boys, get on it!

About the restrictions issue...i´ve had that annoyance, when trying to use up and send away res before incoming raid. But theres always other players to send those resources.

there was some thread about multiple nightruces and the main counter argument against them was that not enough time for attacks to reach other side of the map....faster pace server would help with that

there was some thread about multiple nightruces and the main counter argument against them was that not enough time for attacks to reach other side of the map....faster pace server would help with that

Every time somebody comes up with these ideas, I cant help, but think they must be high..

Same goes about me I guess..Ive even thought of a completely other kind of look for the game. One where all the mountainous areas and wood forests are interactive by having some resource value and help constructing bigger fortifications like a wall over the whole kingdom, scouting tower, bastions or put loads of traps on the map tiles between you and the opponents so basically its kinda possible to intercept the incoming attacks and maybe slow them down and hvae some choice in the battleground, where the are some certain terrain effects come to play like teutons having some bonus fighting in wooden areas , romans in mountains and gauls on near clay plus also the troops movement is influenced by the way map is built like its harder to cross mountains and impossible crossing those little watery areas without a ship harbor.

Right now there only 1 way to make a mark thats visible on the map and thats the village that occupy certain tiles..why not make possible to have the sides of these tiles used, like every village can make a wall on 1 side so many villages in a row can have a wall that starts to border a kingdom. Then have another side, where a road can be made so the some highways through kingdom can appear that have faster resource flow from forests around the kingdom towards inside, where troops are made and troops can move faster to the edges of kingdoms where most fight are made and troops can be held present. Id like to see it possible to cultivate the tiles near crop areas and burn down those farmlands that enemies hold if you have broken through their walls. Id like to see sieges that can cut away the food sources of enemies and slowly starve them if they cant fight themselves out or get help from allies.

Id like to see it possible to change troops home town the way hero can right now and get faster traveling times from nearer spots to enemy...maybe by having a king to make some common rally points outside kingdom borders with a castle extra protection for tho troops there. Maybe by every player being able make some spot outside his own village where he can place certain amount of troops and make smaller, but faster skirmishes against opposing kingdoms possessions.

The more I play travian, the more i keep imagining what more can be added to the game..I really think this sort of tiled map gameplay packs a lot more potential than there is right now and I hope there will be a day where a next version of travian comes out and surprises us all again, because this style right now has certainly bored me out a bit and the fun I get from it is being replaced by boredom, frustration and the thoughts on what if...what if the game implements more of the various options that real life battling offers.

my two cents on the subject..

Right now trappers are useful in numbers at the beginning part of the game, meaning that if you have lots of gaul governors with small level traps in every village in the kingdom, then that makes it easier to defend the king and other players as raiders are reluctant to keep trapping their troops(plus gaul cranny helps against raiders in beginning). So the effect is not on the level of individual, but help the overall progress of the kingdom if it has the right balance of different tribes.

But a weird thing about the traps id like to point out is the fact that troops can be trapped in enemy village for weeks....but who feeds them realistically?

Imo these troops should slowly die of starvation..This could be the missing effect that gives trappers its edge that lots of players are crying for too.

Would be a neat touch to make possible training certain maximum amount of these ranked troops depending on academy level..this way academy wouldn´t lose its purpose other than cp generation after all troops are trained there.

Before being able to promote normal troops to champions, maybe they would need to have some smithy upgrades made on the troop type as well.

Would add some depth to the game if these champions would have some extra abilities like being able to target certain troop types..so if you have for example upranked EI attacking together with the main army, then those champions would be smart enough to not run into spears, but first inflict some extra damage to paladins in particular and then the rest of the army follows up with overall averaged out damage on whats left of the defense...it kinda like your army had some certain formation that made a difference in the battle.

Part 3

Some more tips, tricks and tactics to make the gameplay more innovative and efficient :

+A whole another teamplay strategy could be done as follows:Main idea is not counting troops or resources in a single account but total of 3 since when 1 player focuses on crop, then others could better focus on troops and vice versa if communication is good. Maybe making like a sitter triangle, where 1 is doing the extended BP version, one has tons of def while intending to chief at some point and one does another cropper with tons of def so until first player is out of BP, the second one can rely on thirds cropper meantime and boost total troop numbers between 2 players and third player boost available crop between 2 player(counting out the one under BP..before that 2players rely on oneanother and afterwards huge amount of crop open up so 2. and 3. player can still relax on feeding the troops and 1. player starts adding to total troop numbers in a fast pace). 3rd player should still make some def while 1st is under BP. 2nd player could also do the Nutty Natar version and believe me there is a dream team made..a few like these in whole kingdom and the positive effects just keeps cumulating.Maybe every tribe could be used here as roman assigned to do the bp version, teuton the natar version and gaul holding a 15c and simply building fields and defense. Especially great would be when gaul is king there and the roman and teuton are dukes so by alternating in vacation they could actually even keep 1 treasury at a time safer because kingdom can focus on defending fewer treasuries so they dont have to split defenses so much.Of course there are lots of ways this could be done.

++An extra little cherry on the top could be demolishing down to capital and then menhiring it again so you could make a bit more boost in troops production in GS and GB + taking pop down as attacker so your your attack is stronger on WW. But you must menhir before lvl 50 WW because cant join after that!!

+++Some extra thoughts on chiefing enemy villas: Try understanding which villages are producing and have produced much defense so when you acquire these then all the defense it made just disappears without having to kill it...same goes for catting these villages down and chiefing could even be easier since its quite obvious when you are trying to land tons of waves on 1 village

++++(to save gold)sell 1.tierbuy back when 2. tier outadventure for 3rdbig as possible granary for fewest npc-snighttime build slots for granary , bakery etc so room wouldnt run out

+++++(to plan ahead gold in TEST server)current gold amount /(how many npcs a week would need*5 + crops bonus + res bonuses + travian plus ) -extra building slots or multiple merchant trips....then estimate with a little extra if you make it to end of week.use parties if you know you are procucing too much crop

++++++time,sleep and wh saving Buy few building slots and think through what you need most and calc a bit to know whats gonna be building next during night(things that take long time and certain big amount of resource)..also put hero to earn some certain res if you need some building and use hero to earn some more needed resource like wood or clay.

+++++++Try fitting diff builds with troops like if you need to build falas then make clay resource at the same time..should make a difference i guess, but thats nitty gritty still...raiding, tributes/treasures and ofc npc balances all that out...but here hero production goes again well together with the idea certain troops costing more of certain resources.

++++++++I think only nightowls or ppl who are in totally different timezones can do this thing of building a fortress right under someones nose...like the map shows everything you need to know and you place your village accordingly...only you cant tell whats couple weeks from start so i dunno how that works out actually

I think thats about enough..basically 2in1 guide with little extra thoughts..Hope you guys have fun trying these out! :thumbsup: