Posts by Sir Cin Sincere

Anybody want to write some good guides out there?

What id like to see are team building and kingdom management guides.. havent been much of a team playes myself, but I recognize there is major power in organized acount building so each player gets their role defined earlier.

PS-Just gained an insight if a dirty strategy, which is spy players infiltrating other kingdoms to rob them of their robber camp treasures for selling in actual kingodm.

The effect might not be too great if there only few bad actors, but it could snowball if it is organized in a bigger scale.

The main reason of such a feature would be a greater incentive to grow troop numbers from early on while giving the overview of those troops to the king so he would have easier time of evaluating kingdom forces.

The other benefit would be that some players can focus on building their resources and village buildings while troops can be fed elsewhere so the overall early sevrer evolution speeds up.

Also many players wont manage to get that juicy 15c and will suffer many crop problems throughout the server... I dont think having a cropper over 10 tiles away from main village complex is fun to manage.

So if you published them, would there be a way to calculate some form of cheating that would be worth doing?

Shouldn't all cheating not be worth doing, or am I missing a point here?

Also, players are going to figure this out even if you post them or not. There are already players who are testing the limits of what they can get away with and what they can't.

Its true that the people figure it out themselves and the publishing really doesnt matter.

I think what Unknown is trying to point out is that its more probable for newcomers to make many accounts. I feel that lot have done it and a great number has grown out of it once they understand its not the right way while others explore their options.

The sitter system is a form of MultiAccounting and I think the game couldnt operate on the current level without it. Add dualing and building an account gets 5 times easier. This is an example where Travian has effectively reduced the incetive to cheat.People who might have tried to use multiple accounts before have then found a team of players that help one another and the incentive to multiaccount is likely to go down. Of course curiosity or greed is what might pull them back to MAing and this is where Travian needs to create a new incentive to reduce multiaccounting. At this stage the sheer reality of the slow pace of the game leaves a lot of room for people to build other accounts in same server or just get bored and wanna try the "ideal game" strategies.

I have proposed that a shared villages could be that incentive and give the feeling of faster progress. It wouldnt be a sure shot to reduce MA problem, but it would definately be an interesting option that could reinvent the game in the process.

The problem im looking solution for is uses of wilderness tiles. As you can read the idea I give tend to have some extra complexity just so it would spike imagination and add color to the game. The crop isnt a problem, but its just about giving players a tool and then see how well they are able to use it. The main advantage im thinking of is that people gather their troops in some safe havens where they dont affect your village balance, it would give some crop buffer to gather better armies while actively inviting people to keep their troops in the same place without needing to leave empty robbers around.

Ive had much treasure that I cant use too, but then again im not tempted to use them without great crop bonus and wont use them if they burst the granary.

The ongoing embassy discussion gave me an idea of another external infrastructural element for the whole kingdom. Just as oasis can generate some extra resource, a wilderness tile could be made of use. While oasis affects your resource income, a wilderness crop tile would only affect your crop consumption.

That effect could be activated by letting each kingdom member send lets say 100 troops to feed there in the beginning. But that tile would have a limit of say 1k crop consumption in the first weeks of the game, so only 10 players could max out their troops...or 20 players send 50 troops or some cavalry and the limit is reached. Keep in mind that the wilderness tile can only influence the consumption , while Oasis influences the production.

When players invest in that village, then the crop consumption limit could be upgraded and more troops could be fed there...maybe only king can upgrade it from the kingdom tributes tab, as paying from the tribute to build that collective crop tile. With each upgrade some % of the def bonus should rise too..works like building a wall there.

Ive always thought when people actively fill the oasises in the beginning, then they are safer for the greater amount of def there. This effect would also come into play with the new use of the wilderness tile and by working together, the kingdom could earn a collective bonus. As game progresses and the wilderness tile gets upgraded and civilized, the safer it gets.

By implementing this feature, the kings gain extra overlook of the contributors in the kingdom, the roles of the players and a peek at their troop balance.

yeah res villages dont need these slots anyway.

..The effect would be that everyone chooses to have more building slots for capitals so they could finish the res fields quests quicker and incentivizes to build res in ten another villages...which actually makes them perfect farms and might spice the game up.

This is 3D chess lol

For investing 100 euros, id be wanting a chance to win it back.

Id rather think of 10 euro 5x server could invite more player..especially if theres chance to win some greater amount of the invested gold.

Thats the way I do it aswell...no strings attached and thanks to it I have played in many glorious kingdoms and met a lot of great players.

Being in a premade also means sometimes sacrificing your free will..the best fields go for the upper echelons of the team.

Plus being deep in friendly territory takes away some of the fun.