Posts by Mint

Its getting really bad, its a roulette to see if you have something on your server or not. And before you know you spent money and lots of time Its honestly one of these things I could imagine get me to stop playing the game.

Then once you spend the money you feel obligated to just finish the server... Com8 has killed my morale to even start another server.

Too few players for 8 servers... Look how poorly com8 has done. And other servers are barely getting 2-3 good kingdoms.

If travian team focused more on quality of servers over the quantity I believe it would reinvigorate more players to come back. Strategy games thrive on competition not easy wins. Things like a quicker app and new tribe or tournament server is what is needed. Close down com 8 and 7 and push out updates quicker. A couple of patches a year is killing kingdoms. Been in beta forever now for what should be a pretty simple to update game (coming from a mid-level dev).

It's always the same complaints I hear on private forums.

Great recommendation Mint. I agree. Hear him out Travian team

Too few players for 8 servers... Look how poorly com8 has done. And other servers are barely getting 2-3 good kingdoms.

If travian team focused more on quality of servers over the quantity I believe it would reinvigorate more players to come back. Strategy games thrive on competition not easy wins. Things like a quicker app and new tribe or tournament server is what is needed. Close down com 8 and 7 and push out updates quicker. A couple of patches a year is killing kingdoms. Been in beta forever now for what should be a pretty simple to update game (coming from a mid-level dev).

It's always the same complaints I hear on private forums.

Yes, tournaments are very popular in Travian Legends. It's not yet planned in 2017. But if more players are interested, we could also have them in kingdoms.

I think this would spark alot of interest in older players who are bored with the current servers being slow. There are quite a few premades on TK but mostly on 2-3 land on same servers and usually dominate. If we could conglomerate these premades it'll revitalize some interest :) . I know forums isn't as active but im sure a poll would show the huge interest for a tournament server

I don't even know where to begin typing so I guess I'm just not really going to bother too much. :)

What I do want to say is that it's the defensive side that's way stronger, because catapults and chiefs are no longer a real threat in a lot of cases and croplocking has been removed from the game. Making a comparison without taking into account the amount of damage one can do is just...shortsighted. Raw troop numbers and their costs are irrelevant if you can just dodge the attacks. Robber camps are pretty much irrelevant in every way. Playing as a defender during a war means more than just building static defense and dumping it somewhere, if the war is truly a war you would often never have all defense standing somewhere, instead they would be flexible and would be running from here to there and back all day long, timing them in between attacks in a huge variety of places...

Yep agree. In com4 United vs. xTools, I can tell you my alliance members and govs were running around with defense 24/7. Send back, send somewhere else. Look like a fake? Send back, send somewhere else. If you're fighting an experience alliance with good off coordinator then yea it's fun and rewarding to catch those cute hammers :rolleyes:

I totally agree. I had a king spawn his 4th village next to mine and in 3 days had 330 pop in that village. There is no way he did that with less than 3 insta-builds a day. There should definitely be a limit on insta-builds and NPC'ing because they give way too much of an advantage. I get that they need money to keep operating but making the gap between gold users and non-gold users so big really defeats the purpose of the game. And like the above poster said 200% loyalty is way too much. It should be 125% with still the possibility of increasing it with tabs to 150%. The return trips of chiefs would make it so easy to defend a village trying to be conquered especially now that they get like 6-8% loyalty a day and tablets. It would take a few days to chief a village.

Yea i get that you can cata the city back to a village but with the insta-build power gap, a gold user can keep his city above 1000 pop forever with the right resources.

This games becoming more of who spends more than who has more skill and I'm about to quit with ya bud.

Smithy and barracks/stable have different stats when you upgrade troops. Barracks/stable have previous level stats and smithy shows current. Very confusing not huge bug but would be helpful :)