Posts by Gianus#COM

9.75%

9.75% (1-(0.95^2)) is in fact (or should be, if the chances are equal) the chance of getting a certain item of which the chance is 5% that you get it at least once while sending your Hero on a long adventure. The majority of people just don't know how to math properly.

As Wonka said, you're overthinking it. If the answers given by the forum-users are wrong, the devs/CMs would have stepped in. As they haven't, you can regard the answers given by the players as correct.

I don't think having Dukes with more than 1 Treasury is a good idea.. In fact, the same argument could be used to say that Dukes could have unlimmited amount of treasuries granted that all the previous ones are full, because why shouldn't he be able to activate a new Treasury when he has 2 or more filled but should he be when the first one is?

Abuse:
    Step 1: Make someone a Duke
    Step 2: Focus ALL your treasures on him and let him steal all of them from you and your other Dukes (once you have 1000+, 2000+, etc. treasures).
    Step 3: Let him activate a new treasury.
    Step 4: Repeat Step 1-3 with another Duke
    Outcome: 1 extra Treasury for every 4k treasures
    Conclusion: Bad idea! It's basically the Oasis-system all over again where your Kingdom could become virtually unlimited. I admit, it isn't as bad, but it's really nothing we'd want to see again to be honest..

The Duke-system as it is now is the perfect concept. I agree that it is flawed, but not so much that it needs to be broken once again.
    For instance, I agree that once a Duke's Treasury is filled (or once it has passed 4k at lv 20, either of those 2 options is fine for me) that new treasures should automatically be transported to the nearest treasury that isn't filled, whether that be the King's treasury or a Duke's. In fact, I think all the treasuries in a Kingdom should work that way. Once one of them is filled and overflowing, the treasures get transported to the nearest non-filled treasury automatically, but that's a whole other story.

TL;DR NO, bad idea.

2. This has always been an option. It's located where you change from villages in the PC version. Press the square with 3 horizontal lines next to the village name, then select the tab 'troops'. There you have the total that any village has under their command.

It's a Travian Plus feature, though. If you don't hve Travian Plus, you'd have to add all the troops in the Rally Point.

What's the difference? It both serves the same purpose. The top one does indeed feel more 'official', but you refuse to use the bottom one's search option because you simply don't like it?

Exactly.

I'm not gonna start an argument why chat system A is better than chat system B, but I'm just saying that everyone has their preferences and if one has a search option, why not include one in the other chat system?

but having more villages meaning production of more resources and more barracks running = more troops ,, right ?
    with cities , water ditch is crazy expensive to upgrade :P and L12 fields produce less than a new village

It's not that black and white, I'm afraid.

More villages does mean a (slighty) higher production, but these resources are spread out over a larger area on the map. Having to move them around to make good use of them is quite the hassle and because of that, Cities are a great alternative for the non-gold players who can't use trade routes and have to actively distribute the available resources.

Also, yes, more villages = more barracks = more troops, but this also isn't that black and white either..
    Cities can build the Great Barracks and Great Stable, meaning that you can essentially train as much troops as you could have with 2 villages. Yes, you'd pay double the resources, but you also only upgrade the troops to lv 20 once instead of in 2 seperate villages.

Consequently, having the bulk of your defense be in one place also means that you could have less tournament squares, which also cost alot of resources. It also allows you to make better use of your Hero's defense bonus and its items, as they only apply to the troops that are trained in the home village of the Hero.

And what people often forget is that building an entire new village from scratch also costs alot of time and resources. I mean, yes, all resource fields @12 do have a slightly lower output than 2x all on lv 10, but getting everything to 10 and fully upgrading your Main Building and Warehouse and Granary and this and that etc. also costs alot of resources.

In all honesty, if I played as a governor, I'd probably ONLY have cities.. In fact, I'm pretty sure that the maximum amount of CP you could possibly have (and thus the maximum amount of available village-slots you can have) is by settling, upgrading and repeating.

the search option is already there so no need for it for individual player chatting ok
    because if the scroll is too small just search the player name open it in new window send your message and then open the chat system will find last conversation in top

Yeah, that's true, except I don't always want to send something to someone when I only need to check something I or that person said. Having to send a message for the convo to pop up is annoying and could have unintended consequences, like people getting suspicious for no reason at all, which is something I'd rather just avoid altogether.

On NL1 I have to keep in constant contact with alot of people and the chat gets quite chaotic very quickly. I think alot of people would agree when I say that a search option would be an amazing addition.
    Maybe even add an option to show Alliance chats or Secret Society chats only.

Even if you just put a time-frame on it -- 24 or 48 hours from the time you make a city, you can downgrade it for free.
    And in doing so you forfeit all CP gained while it was a city.

Actually, you can simply make it so all extra CP gained is forfeit if you downgrade a city. And once you have upgraded, settled or chiefed any other town, any existing cities lose the option to downgrade. This way you can't just save up the CP, expand and not worry about losing the CP if you downgrade.

I'll admit that those are creative solutions that could work, but the influence thing still bugs me and there are probably more ways to exploit such a mechanic that maybe nobody has thought of yet.
    I'd say the "Confirm upgrading [village name] to a City"-button is the easiest solution.

Build a Town Hall => +800 CP
    Host a Small Celebration => +500 CP (And ofcourse, the +1 day's worth of CP per usual)

You really only need a little over 600 CP on top of completing those 2 quests, which isn't that hard at all.

I'm really not entirely sure what the mechanics behind kingdomless governors are, so I'm not even sure if you produce taxes, or that the stolen taxes are leftover from when you did have a king..

The resources in your tribute fund are protected by the Hidden Treasury, if I'm not mistaken..

3. If I deactive a treasury (as a king) would the treasures disappear or move to another treasury regardless if its full?

3. Yes, they will.

Well then.. O_o

In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure they would be transported to the nearest of your villages that has an active treasury that isn't maxed out yet and if you don't have a village with an active treasury that isn't filled/overflowing, they'll be transported to the nearest village with an active treasury.

A governor's village houses the resources available to the governor as well as the resources he gives to his King as taxes. These tax resources are stored in your so called "tribute fund". The King can collect these taxes/tributes, but an enemy can steal these if not collected in time.

In other words, tell your King to always collect as many of the available taxes as possible, especially those of villages that are under attack.

If I'm not mistaken, the amount of available resources in an Oasis are equal to 50x[number of animals in the oasis] of each resource that the Oasis provides a bonus to.

For example (and please someone confirm this, because I'm not entirely sure):
    A 25% Wood Oasis with 2 Rats and 1 Bat provides 150 Wood.
    A 25% Wheat Oasis with 2 Rats and 1 Bat provides 150 Wheat.
    A 50% Wheat Oasis with 2 Rats and 1 Bat provides 300 Wheat.
    A 25%Wood/25% Grain Oasis with 2 Rats and 1 Bat provides 150 Wood and 150 Wheat.

What this does mean, though, is that you can't clear an Oasis, for it to be raided afterwards.

It would seem logical to send your Hero to have a minimum amount of losses, followed by your resource-carrying troops, but this doesn't work. Once you've cleared an Oasis, there won't be any animals left, meaning the Oasis provides 50x0=0 resources.
    To succesfully raid an Oasis with minimal losses, one should send the Hero accompanied by other troops.

1) Settle on a Cropper
    2) Upgrade 1st village for 3rd slot ('cuz of the incredible CP-boost)
    3) Cap-switch after upgrading your Crop to a city
    4) Downgrade 1st village

Too broke.

The option to downgrade essentially lets you have all the benefits of having your Cap be a city without ever worrying about a Cap-switch. And the fact that when a King exploits this feature in the way stated above, he gets to activate another treasury even sooner.
    Influence would also be a topic of debate. You could for example upgrade a village with an active treasury to a city to completely blow away a neighbouring King, only to downgrade after he resigns.

I think the option to downgrade is a bad idea, but that's just me..

I've looked a bit into it and the picture in the background is the following one.

I frequently visit chess.com and maybe someone could have set that picture as their profile pic.
    Idk. Maybe you can do something with it.

Hiii Gianus,

It seems that he is very ill indeed, can you please send us a ticket in-game so we can investigate the case.

I don't know why, but the heroes look normal again. I guess they had the flu or something.

I'll send a ticket about the other bug.

Thank you!

I think my hero has eating something weird (or drunk too much alcohol) and is now rolling in a puddle of its own vomit

These look like Avatar-styled playboy bunnies in the background.

Fix plz? Getting annoying.

P.S: A wild bug that affects gameplay has appeared! Travian Games used Forward to Technical Staff! But nothing happened!